DH52 Commentary Topic

I am not happy about the tandem of Dwight and Dennis. The rest of us are now playing catchup on the boards. Jeepers.

Whiteside in the first round? Yes, those are sweet part-time stats, but almost certainly was going to be available well into the second round, and that guy will never, ever, ever pass the ball.
2/9/2017 9:15 AM
kinda early to be dissing draft picks, brad. also, every draft there's always some combo that looks devastating, but in reality, not so tough. long ways to go yet
2/9/2017 9:22 AM
Um, it's never early to be dissing draft picks. Besides, I have no doubt you will eventually run laps around whatever sad sack team I assemble this season, you salty dog, you. I'm just remarking at your unconventional opening gambit.
2/9/2017 9:51 AM
I think that the trade was unbalanced. I was offered the same deal and turned it down. I was going to get either Moses, The Admiral, Rodman or Dwight Howard with the 10th pick. Why would I trade that spot for the 38th and then pick up some late rounders ? ? ?

That combo is tough but unless we all screw up, which is very possible BTW, the guards won't be that great. Also the Lebron / Curry combo didn't win the title last season did it?

I once traded my first round pick to sixernuggets so that he could select John Stockton to pair with Wilt. He won the title and my team sucked.
2/9/2017 8:37 PM
Too early for Hassan Whiteside? I guess it depends on how good an owner is at drafting in the lower rounds.
2/9/2017 9:18 PM
vis. Whiteside: it's awfully tough to maximize your $$$/min when you draft half a player in the first round
2/9/2017 10:00 PM
The D Jordan/McAdoo combo is a pretty nice start...
2/9/2017 10:56 PM
Yes, sixernuggets has gotten pretty darn good at this draft. The a good start up front. Banditone always starts out real strong. I like the Marion / Hardaway combo.
2/10/2017 12:49 AM
Yep, that's the kind of solid one-two punch I've come to expect from bandit at the turn. And I agree the DeAndre/McAdoo combo is solid.

As the guy who raised an eyebrow at the early selection of Whiteside (purely due to the low minutes), I'll admit that the pairing with Dream is tantalizing.
2/10/2017 11:51 AM
Posted by longtallbrad on 2/10/2017 11:51:00 AM (view original):
Yep, that's the kind of solid one-two punch I've come to expect from bandit at the turn. And I agree the DeAndre/McAdoo combo is solid.

As the guy who raised an eyebrow at the early selection of Whiteside (purely due to the low minutes), I'll admit that the pairing with Dream is tantalizing.
While bandit does start strong, he always f***s it up in the mid-late rounds. I vote that next time we mandate that he picks first (and takes Wilt) to see if he's capable of finishing with the not-worst record
2/10/2017 2:59 PM
rosters and commentary which will suck

AMERK1180-Wilt Chamberlain, Amare Stoudemire, James Harden, Terrell Brandon, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Derrick Favors, Paul Westphal.
Your eff looks good I'm not sure but Wilt might be one of your lowest usage guys. Harden's and Brandon's best season are high usage everyone taking shots from Wilt might not be good. Your def looks good you might have a little trouble with amare and favors at power forward. You fouls and t.o. look a little high. Your team's reb and ast look okay. This team should be good but everyone taking shots from Wilt will hurt a little.

MAGLOR1-Lebron James, Marcus Camby, Andrei Kirilenko, Bob Lanier, Kobe Bryant, Kenny Anderson, Miles Plumlee..
Your efg looks a little low but LeBron will take a lot of your shots but Kobe will also take a lot of shots. Your def looks good should be able to cover your weak spots. Your def Reb looks good.but your off reb looks light. Your assist look okay. You might need some understaffed help. Your to and fouls look good. I think Kobe could hurt you more than help but you do have LeBron. He is the Swiss army knife of the SIM and takes a lot of shots. Good luck.

HOOPSDUDE-Shaquille O'Neal, Terry Porter, Bill Walton, Chris Mullin, Toni Kukoc, Rashard Lewis, Nikola Jokic.
Efg looks really good shaq taking most of the shots. Def reb look good. Off reb a little light. Assist also a little light you bags pass that should help. Your going to need to score your guard def isn't very good shaq and Walton should be okay inside defensively. Having Shaq and Bill inside with a bunch of threes should be good but your def needs some undrafted help. Good luck.

BEACHHOUSE-Steph Curry, Donyell Marshall, Gary Payton, Robert Parish, Andrew Bogut, Clifford Ray, Cory Alexander
efg looks really good steph taking most of the shots is nice. reb looks good assists will be fine your bigs pass too. your def looks a little light but this team should score. you are going to shoot a ton of threes. your t.o. and fouls are good. team should score a lot I think. good luck.

CJOK1051-Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Manu Ginobili, Rudy Gobert, Ray Allen, Andre Iguodala, Marvin Williams, Samuel Dalembert.
efg is a strength kareem taking most shots. reb looks good also. def is good. t.o. and fouls look good but your assist are low. I'm not sure manu and iggy will pass enough. I think you will need some undrafted help. I think this team should be really good but the assist are really low. good luck

DH555-Michael Jordan, Mookie Blaylock, Shawn Kemp, Gerald Wallace, Tree Rollins, Rodrigue Beaubois, Bismack Biyombo.
efg looks good Jordan and kemp taking most of the shots. def will be a huge strength wont have to hide anyone. def reb should be fine. off reb will be little light. ast will also be a light. usage will be fine Jordan is a ball hog. t.o. look to be low but you will probably have some undrafted t.o. fouls will be high. teams seams to fit together. good luck

COPERNICUS-Karl Malone, Elton Brand, Clyde Drexler, Rajon Rondo, Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol, Kenny Smith. efg looks really good. have your best shooters shoot the most is a good idea. your def looks good you have your worst def players covered up good. your assits and def reb looks good seems like everyone does both. off reb is low but your team should shoot really good probable wont need it. you t.o. and fouls look good. this team seems to fit good together. I have been in some leagues with you and I think the sim hates you so good luck.

ELEIBOWITZ-Chris Paul, Alonzo Mourning, Joakim Noah, Paul Pierce, Enes Kanter, Chuck Hayes, Eric Bledsoe.
your efg looks good. your def look good inside very good could have matchup issues outside on def. assist look good Noah and Bledsoe will cover when paul is out. your reb looks low could have some games where you get beat up on boards. t.o. look good. plenty of usage. good luck.

UPTOWNGBV-Draymond Green, Deron Williams, Andre Drummond, Tracy McGrady, Serge Ibaka, Willis Reed, Jon Barry.
your efg is good except mcgrady he will take shots from better shooters. your def is good could have guard matchup issues when Williams is out. if reed and mcgrady are out at the same time you could have some usage issues. you should be ok on assist when Williams is out with green mcgrady and barry. you should reb ok. I think green will be a do it all second best assist and third best rebounding. good luck.

VANCEM-Moses Malone, Kevin McHale, Marques Johnson, Kyle Lowry, J. R Smith, Charlie Edge, Larry Sanders.
efg looks ok lowry going to take shots away from better shooters. Edge Sanders Moses will get all of lowry's misses. McHale and Moses should play together well. your def looks like a strength should match up well. I think you need some undrafted assits lowry needs some help. good luck

BDS9992-Dennis Rodman, Dwight Howard, Goran Dragic, Russell Westbrook, Jeff Hornacek, Dave Cowans, Nikola Vucevic
efg is good beside westbrook he will take some shots from howard but you do have insane number of rebounds to get all of wetsbrooks misses. def looks ok could have some guard match up problems. fouls and to look a little high. dragic should handle assits when westbrook is on the bench. this team has plenty of usage. good luck.

MIKEE1-David Robinson, Chauncey Billups, Klay Thompson, Jerry Lucas, Anthony Mason, George Hill, Jonas Valanciunas.
efg looks very good you have a very flexible lineup depending on what seasons you use Billups and hill should give you enough passing with help from mason and lucas. klay and david should cover your usage. def should handle most teams. your reb looks low to me but most of my eval could be way off because your players have different seasons you could use. good luck

THOMCAT-Larry Bird, Oscar Robertson, Dikembe Mutombo, Horace Grant, Nicholas Batum, Cole Aldrich, David Lee.
efg looks very good I'm guessing you will have bird play a little guard and grant play sf that should help your rebounding which should be very good. your def looks to be good. your fouls and to are decent aside from Oscar. your assits look a little low batum and bird should help Oscar with assits. your usage is ok with bird and Oscar. good luck

JCRED-Kevin Durant, Ben Wallace, Brent Barry, Carlos Boozer, Kenneth Faried, Alvin Robertson, Chris Gatling.
your efg looks very good. your reb looks very good, your def looks a little light could have match up problems. I think this team will score but could use some more assits. durant and boozer have your usage covered. good luck

JKAYE24-Dwayne Wade, Anthony Davis, Tyson Chandler, Kevin Love, Ryan Anderson, Anderson Varejao, Rodney McCray.
your efg is low. your def should be good you will need to hide love and Anderson. you should reb good. I think all your players could play sf if you needed them to. I think your going to need some undrafted assist help. to and fouls look good. good luck.

JHSUKOW-Artis Gilmore, Julius Erving, Jerry West, Charlie Ward, Grant Hill, Troy Murphy, Cedric Maxwell.
efg looks good depending on what seasons you use the dr and hill will take some shots away from better shooters. your t.o. are high and your oreb is kinda low which could lower possesions. your def looks good will need to hide murphy, you matchup good on the outside. you have plenty of usage. your assist and def rebounding look good. good luck.

MILEST-John Stockton, Kawhi Leonard, Patrick Ewing, Kris Humphries, Buck Williams, Charles Oakley, Boban Marjanovic
your efg looks very good you didn't screw yourself like I did your best shooters also have your highest usage. your team should reb and defend good. it looks like your a little light on off reb. your t.o. look good but I'm guessing most of your undrafted players will add t.o. because Stockton cant play 48min and you will need some assits when he is out. good luck

YSW128-Charles Barkley, Jason Kidd, Bobby Jones, Tom Boerwinkle, Maurice Cheeks, Demarcus Cousins, Jeff Teague.
Teams efg is low teague and boogie taking shots from Barkley. Fouls and t.o. are little high. My inside def sucks, outside def should be ok. My team should reb and pass decent. My usage should be good sometimes wrong guys shooting the ball got stuck and end of draft needed usage kind of screwed myself. Well doing Evals sucked. Good luck to all teams hope I have to do them again but probably not this season but really don't have much of a clue what I am doing.

BIGTHIRSTY-Magic Johnson, Scottie Pippen, Mel Daniels, Karl Anthony-Towns, Roy Tarpley, Micheal Ray Richardson, Dennis Scott.
your efg is ok your def is fair no great. your team should rebound. your usage looks a little low. your to and foulsl are little high other teams will most likely shoot more free throws than you. your assits look good. I Have had teams like this. tarpley and daniels will drive you crazy fouling out. good luck

SCUDMISSLE-Hassan Whiteside, Hakeem Olajuwan, Larry Nance, Chris Webber, Kevin Johnson, Paul Pressey, Jose Calderon.
your efg is very good your def is sick you might have a little match up trouble with a team that has two good guards but the rest is insane. your rebounding and assits are pretty solid. your usage looks good Webber and Johnson should cover when hakeem isn't on the floor. The only thing is hakeem is kind of a hacker in the sim but team looks good. good luck.

SIXERNUGGETS-DeAndre Jordan, Bob McAdoo, Mark Price, Sidney Moncrief, Rudy Tomjanovich, Mo Williams, Chris Andersen.
your efg looks good your def is ok little light. your team will reb okay not great wont pass very good. when price isn't on the court passing will be light. Jordan and Andersen should reb ok. your usage is a little light. depending on what season you use, you could draft enough usage.

LONGTALLBRAD-Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Walt Frazier, Derek Harper, Arvydas Sabonis Emeka Okafur, Jamaal Tinsley.
your efg is very good, your def should be a strength, most of your players pass and rebound, Duncan, Garnett and Sabonis should cover your usage. it looks like your a little light on off rebounding. good luck.

PENNSYLVANIA-Bill Russell, Steve Nash, Kyle Korver, Mike Dunleavy, Peja Stojakovic, Jameer Nelson, Walt Bellamy.
efg is good, your def is junk. this team wont make much past half court before they shot the ball. Russell and Bellamy will rebound on def but not much on off side. Nash is your only ast man when he is not on the court ball will come to a screeching halt. I think you need some undrafted assist help and a lot of def good luck.

BANDITONE-Anfernee Hardaway, Shawn Marion, Eddie Jones, Al Horford, Spencer Haywood, Louis Williams, Happy Hairston.
your efg is low,your def is okay,your a little light on usage, you have plenty of threes but your ast reb are really lacking. when hardaway is off the court you will have no one to pass the ball. marion, horford and haywood will rebound a little but that's about it good luck.
2/23/2017 7:22 AM (edited)
Moses & McHale has that duo ever teamed up in this league before? I kind of like it so far.
2/10/2017 8:28 PM
I was just gonna say the same thing... good thing I have two 100 defenders to belly-up against them
2/10/2017 8:52 PM
duncan and garnett... nice
rodman and Dwight... whoo-boy
moses and McHale... good lord
wade and davis... bar the door
magic and pippen... 2 table-setters
hassan and hakeem... come and get some
Gilmore and erving... greatest goatee & fro duo

the rest don't scare me... haha
2/10/2017 9:00 PM (edited)
Thirty spots until my next selection. My draft board is twenty-nine players long. Woe unto me.
2/10/2017 9:28 PM
1|2|3...12 Next ▸
DH52 Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.