DH52 Commentary Topic

Well I'll tell you one thing about banditone. The man drives a hard bargin. We almost had a deal to trade all of my picks for all of his picks this season. I was going to trade down as he would only let me do the deal if he went closer to 24. But he wouldn't trade even one of his 6th rounders. I love the high 6th round picks so the deal didn't happen. I'm glad that it didn't as I was able to snag Moses at # 10.

I wish that banditone would be more competitive but with good owners in the division draft it isn't that unfair or bad. Look the man drafted one of my all time favorite players one season . . . Jack Sikma so the guy can't be that bad. Still waiting for him to draft Bill Hanzlik in the 6th round.
2/21/2017 9:00 PM
I loved Bill Hanzlik! When he played with the Nuggets - team of my childhood, to be clear - Kareem just did what he wanted with defenders in the post and all around the key. Along comes Hanzlik, backup small forward who weighed as much as a wed wad of tissues, and offered to guard the great man. Bill didn't slow him down by much, but pestered and irritated the heck out of him.
2/21/2017 9:33 PM
Didn't Bill Willoughby actually block a Kareem Skyhook once? That dude was a 6'8" small forward. I know Hanzlik never blocked a Skyhook ha ha.
2/22/2017 12:35 AM
I know it may seem all in fun, but many of you guys are so pompous about how well you understand the sim and so on that it seems like a major diss to talk about bandit like that. I sure as hell know after trying to use the Wilt's 50 PPG season in the ODL, and half the owners in the league (pretty much the same as here) ripped me like I was the biggest moron who ever looked at a basketball box score. I had just never had the chance to use ANY Wilt season and wanted to see how that season would do. Turned out that all you geniuses were right, but that's not my point. I just wanted to see how that season would do in the first chance I had to use it. I paid my $10 bucks and found out, and won't do it again. Didn't help to hear everyone say how stupid I was to try it. Maybe banditone has a thicker skin than I do, but it can't feel good to hear his choices get ripped by his "peers" all the time.
2/22/2017 6:05 AM
Alright, we're getting a little overdone now. I agree the banditone critiques can get old, but I don't think people are going (or should) to "lie" and call an inefficient season an efficient one just to honor feelings. Bandit gets to play every year and we get to do evals and division drafts every year! Again, maybe the random digs can be parsed down but overall, a spade is going to be called a spade. Perhaps we need to add the sequitor, "I know this person paid their $10 and has a right to do it, and it's possible in real life this player season was actually amazing compared to outcomes generated by the SIM...but that pick was not very good.
2/22/2017 6:55 AM
Amerk, a few of us simply stated that the Wilt you used wasn't the best Wilt to use.... And explained why in a rational and reasonable manner. You took it personally.... it appeared obvious to me that you just can't handle a negative critique and that was all there was to it.
2/22/2017 11:03 AM
It's not being 'pompous' or anything similar to point out that using players with high usage & low efg isn't a good idea. It's being honest and actually being helpful. Instead of crying when someone reasonable critiques your pick- learn from it.
2/22/2017 11:10 AM
As far as bandit goes- I don't think he should be eliminated from the lottery. I think he should be treated as everyone else... which mean people doing the evals should be honest with him as they are with everyone else. I've never been too harsh on him- I've just stated that what he is doing isn't working and that I think he should pick Wilt, Lebron, or even Steph- and go from there. Picking one of those guys gives you an advantage from the jump, and IF he wants to win, then that's what he should do... I've also simply suggested that he should build teams that rebound better- is that being mean? If it is, then I apologize.
2/22/2017 11:17 AM
Anyone ever consider the possibility that banditone perceives himself as the most efficient owner in the league? With ongoing back to back picks he can spend way less time monitoring/putting a team together than any other "efficient" owner. Maybe his competition is among his teams- more about his version of the game within the game. Has he ever even responded to commentary about his approach?
2/22/2017 11:57 AM
Posted by longtallbrad on 2/21/2017 9:33:00 PM (view original):
I loved Bill Hanzlik! When he played with the Nuggets - team of my childhood, to be clear - Kareem just did what he wanted with defenders in the post and all around the key. Along comes Hanzlik, backup small forward who weighed as much as a wed wad of tissues, and offered to guard the great man. Bill didn't slow him down by much, but pestered and irritated the heck out of him.
Haha! Brad Hanzlik ruled my world as did the Doug Mo Nuggets back in the 80's.
He was everything you said. Had almost no offensive talent. On a team that was
VERY OFFENSIVE! Loved that he had the gut's to defensively pester the big guys.
He actually got into a fight with Ralph Sampson! LOL! That's not a joke either.
I think there was a clip of it on You Tube. Not sure if it's still up. Can't forget about
T.R. Dunn either. Couldn't shoot to save his life, but man could he play D and rebound
like nobody's business. Loved those guy's.
2/22/2017 3:11 PM
Posted by thomcat on 2/22/2017 11:57:00 AM (view original):
Anyone ever consider the possibility that banditone perceives himself as the most efficient owner in the league? With ongoing back to back picks he can spend way less time monitoring/putting a team together than any other "efficient" owner. Maybe his competition is among his teams- more about his version of the game within the game. Has he ever even responded to commentary about his approach?
Thom I don't know if he has. But here is another question for everyone
about Bandit. Or should I say the guy's that have been in this league
the longest. Has he ever made the playoffs? I've been in this league,
since Jan 2011. I haven't really payed attention to what he has been doing,
so I would be interested to know that please? Thank you.
2/22/2017 3:16 PM
Posted by thomcat on 2/22/2017 11:57:00 AM (view original):
You get back to back picks selecting 1st.. and no- he's never respond as far as I know. I think we're all cool with him 'doing whatever he wants with his money'.. I don't think anyone thinks otherwise.... But if anyone finishes in last place as many times in a row as he has in 2 leagues, shouldn't be surprised or offended if he becomes a topic of conversation. It's kind of ridiculous to think there's something inherently wrong about us discussing his draft strategy. I've given him advice, he seems to ignore it. I'm OK with that. Who cares, but you lose that much for that many seasons in a row- you expect us to just not acknowledge it so that we might not hurt his feelings? Why do you guys assume he can't handle truthful commentary? Maybe he likes it. Maybe he's into S&M. Who knows?
2/22/2017 3:35 PM
Posted by sixernuggets on 2/22/2017 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by longtallbrad on 2/21/2017 9:33:00 PM (view original):
Haha! Brad Hanzlik ruled my world as did the Doug Mo Nuggets back in the 80's.
He was everything you said. Had almost no offensive talent. On a team that was
VERY OFFENSIVE! Loved that he had the gut's to defensively pester the big guys.
He actually got into a fight with Ralph Sampson! LOL! That's not a joke either.
I think there was a clip of it on You Tube. Not sure if it's still up. Can't forget about
T.R. Dunn either. Couldn't shoot to save his life, but man could he play D and rebound
like nobody's business. Loved those guy's.
I remember that fight with Sampson. Hanzlik was kinda the ultimate floor burn hustle guy.

T.R. Dunn - man, those Nuggets teams basically played 4 on 5 when they had the ball. Analysts talked about his exceptionally low number of turnovers, but it seems like he rarely had the ball in his hands.
2/22/2017 3:48 PM
Posted by amerk1180 on 2/22/2017 6:05:00 AM (view original):
I know it may seem all in fun, but many of you guys are so pompous about how well you understand the sim and so on that it seems like a major diss to talk about bandit like that. I sure as hell know after trying to use the Wilt's 50 PPG season in the ODL, and half the owners in the league (pretty much the same as here) ripped me like I was the biggest moron who ever looked at a basketball box score. I had just never had the chance to use ANY Wilt season and wanted to see how that season would do. Turned out that all you geniuses were right, but that's not my point. I just wanted to see how that season would do in the first chance I had to use it. I paid my $10 bucks and found out, and won't do it again. Didn't help to hear everyone say how stupid I was to try it. Maybe banditone has a thicker skin than I do, but it can't feel good to hear his choices get ripped by his "peers" all the time.
youre being overly sensitive here amerk....its all in good fun when we rip banditone and im almost positive he could care less...ive been ripping him in evals for years and hes never complained...the only response i can recall is when he beats me and lets me know about it in the league chat haha

2/22/2017 5:03 PM
I think the point of removing him from the lotto is he likes picking 24, which is fine, but we are making the lotto for just the top two spots.

Am I saying that clearly/correctly?
2/22/2017 5:17 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...12 Next ▸
DH52 Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.