DH52 Commentary Topic

Posted by jhsukow on 2/22/2017 5:17:00 PM (view original):
I think the point of removing him from the lotto is he likes picking 24, which is fine, but we are making the lotto for just the top two spots.

Am I saying that clearly/correctly?
correct....no sense in having him in the lottery for the top 3 picks if hes going to be picking 24...might as well give someone else a chance at wilt/lebron/curry
2/22/2017 5:37 PM
Posted by dh555 on 2/22/2017 5:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jhsukow on 2/22/2017 5:17:00 PM (view original):
I think the point of removing him from the lotto is he likes picking 24, which is fine, but we are making the lotto for just the top two spots.

Am I saying that clearly/correctly?
correct....no sense in having him in the lottery for the top 3 picks if hes going to be picking 24...might as well give someone else a chance at wilt/lebron/curry
that's a good point. i think i should do the same in the ODL
2/22/2017 5:38 PM
That's assuming the winners of the top 3 spots all choose 'closer to 1'... which is probably a good assumption, but not 100%
2/22/2017 6:25 PM
Posted by amerk1180 on 2/21/2017 8:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dh555 on 2/16/2017 6:47:00 PM (view original):
oh and speaking of banditone...

im going to remove him from the lottery starting next season...no sense in him being in it if hes gonna pick closer to 24 every time

i think he might have used wilt before back in the day...but i cant say for sure...dude definitely marches to the beat of his own drum haha
Why does everyone pick on bandit so much? He pays his $10 bucks and puts a team in. Isn't part of the fun of doing this to use who you want to use and see how they do? It's one thing if he really wants to compete and do well and just doesn't understand the sim. In that case, you guys could offer him help and suggestions on how to put together a better team. However, if he just likes to use his favorite players or whatever and knows his team will probably not compete for a title, hey, as long as he pays his fee to get in the league, I don'[ see any harm in it, and he shouldn't get ripped and dissed on publicly. Just my two pennies.
If he wants to use his favorite players, why is he in a draft league? My top 5 favorite players (to watch) in no real order are

Chauncey Billups
Larry Bird
Ben Wallace
Magic Johnson
Dennis Rodman
and Bill Laimbeer as an honorable mention

4 of those players generally go in the first round. Another goes early in the second. Another is usually undrafted. If I wanted to build a team using my faves, I wouldn't be here. I'm here for the joy of competition. It sucks that there are people in here that don't have that competitive fire, since that's the sole reason to be in draft leagues in my opinion: to complete against the best owners in the game, and establish oneself among them
2/22/2017 6:28 PM
Posted by hoopsdude on 2/22/2017 6:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by amerk1180 on 2/21/2017 8:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dh555 on 2/16/2017 6:47:00 PM (view original):
oh and speaking of banditone...

im going to remove him from the lottery starting next season...no sense in him being in it if hes gonna pick closer to 24 every time

i think he might have used wilt before back in the day...but i cant say for sure...dude definitely marches to the beat of his own drum haha
Why does everyone pick on bandit so much? He pays his $10 bucks and puts a team in. Isn't part of the fun of doing this to use who you want to use and see how they do? It's one thing if he really wants to compete and do well and just doesn't understand the sim. In that case, you guys could offer him help and suggestions on how to put together a better team. However, if he just likes to use his favorite players or whatever and knows his team will probably not compete for a title, hey, as long as he pays his fee to get in the league, I don'[ see any harm in it, and he shouldn't get ripped and dissed on publicly. Just my two pennies.
If he wants to use his favorite players, why is he in a draft league? My top 5 favorite players (to watch) in no real order are

Chauncey Billups
Larry Bird
Ben Wallace
Magic Johnson
Dennis Rodman
and Bill Laimbeer as an honorable mention

4 of those players generally go in the first round. Another goes early in the second. Another is usually undrafted. If I wanted to build a team using my faves, I wouldn't be here. I'm here for the joy of competition. It sucks that there are people in here that don't have that competitive fire, since that's the sole reason to be in draft leagues in my opinion: to complete against the best owners in the game, and establish oneself among them
Pistons fan? Young Rodman is by far my favorite player of all time. I was 8 or 9 years old during his 2nd season... I fell in love with the NBA right around that time and watched every game that aired on TBS & TNT. The aired a lot of hawks games, so I kinda liked them and I liked the Celtics bc my dad and all.of his friends liked them... then I saw the Pistons... To my rookie eyes, they seemed to play harder and want to win more than any other team & Rodman seemed to play harder and want to win more than any other player. He played with unbelievable passion and gave all the effort that anyone could possibly give. I loved watching him play. I loved Laimbeer, Isiah, Dumars, Mahorn, Dantley then Aguirre, Salley, Edwards and Vinny... I never saw a team that stretched the rules or anything like that. The Celtics and sixers and every other good team played physical ball, but the Pistons just played harder- they had to win. Nothing else was acceptable. I felt like I was one of them. Watching them and listening to Dr Jack & Hubie Brown shaped my playing and coaching career. They sucked for a long time after that run... Then Grant Hill gave hope - but they still sucked... I still loved to watch the NBA and I was still a pistons fan, but I became more of an 'NBA fan' than a 'pistons fan'... then Ben Wallace came along and it felt like Christmas. Dennis Rodman 2.0 was in the league and he was on the pistons. And the rest of the team- Billups, Prince, etc fell in line with what I thought basketball was supposed to be.... sorry for the ramble... I just came from a wine tasting and we tasted quite a few... lol... I agree with your point. My favorite players are Rodman, Ben Wallace, Dumars, & Olajuwon.. pinning down the 5th & 6th guys would almost be impossible - but the candidates would include Stockton, David Robinson, Bird, Magic & a lot of role players, like rebounders and defenders.... But, I'm not here to use those guys... I'm here to win.
2/22/2017 9:59 PM
i loved those mid 00s pistons teams....no superstars..just a perfect starting 5...may never see that again
2/22/2017 10:08 PM
Posted by dh555 on 2/22/2017 10:08:00 PM (view original):
i loved those mid 00s pistons teams....no superstars..just a perfect starting 5...may never see that again
Definitely an unselfish team and all the pieces fit in to that puzzle. May also never see defense like that again lol
2/22/2017 10:15 PM
As a Bulls fan, I was happy as hell to sweep those Pistons out of the playoffs and gone for good in '91. Ahhh, good times ahead for a REAL dynasty.
2/22/2017 10:39 PM
Posted by milest on 2/22/2017 11:03:00 AM (view original):
Amerk, a few of us simply stated that the Wilt you used wasn't the best Wilt to use.... And explained why in a rational and reasonable manner. You took it personally.... it appeared obvious to me that you just can't handle a negative critique and that was all there was to it.
Not going to get into it again dude, but I STILL maintain that that 50 PPG season Wilt had is the single, most dominant season any player in NBA history ever had, WIS sim be damned. It may not be the "best" Wilt season to take in WIS, but it WAS his best season IRL. And I am pretty sure most NBA gistorians would agree. What he did that season was akin to Babe Ruth hitting more home runs himself than the rest of the American League combined.

The whole argument isn't that I took the wrong Wilt, but that WIS is wrong that that season ISN'T the best one to take. We obviously agree to disagree. You are too young to even remember Wilt playing, so all you have to go by is numbers, percentages and sabremetrics. I look at things a lil differently. That season will NEVER be duplicated again, and even if it does, anyone scoring 50 PPG again won't shoot anywhere NEAR 50% from the floor.
2/22/2017 10:57 PM
My biggest sports win was the Pistons Lakers finals. Had $250 on the Pistons to win in 4, 5, and 6 games. 5 game odds were 43:1.

I'll never forget it.
2/22/2017 11:07 PM
Posted by mikee1 on 2/22/2017 11:07:00 PM (view original):
My biggest sports win was the Pistons Lakers finals. Had $250 on the Pistons to win in 4, 5, and 6 games. 5 game odds were 43:1.

I'll never forget it.
I was in Ireland during that series. I won't forget that, but yours is probably better.
2/22/2017 11:17 PM

I'll never forget it.
NIce! I had the Cavs to win games 6 & 7 at 7:1 last year.. Not sure what Vegas odds were- but that's the best I could get out of my buddy. lol
2/22/2017 11:49 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 2/22/2017 11:17:00 PM (view original):

I'll never forget it.
I was in Ireland during that series. I won't forget that, but yours is probably better.
I was in 4th grade that year.. I won a $5 bet with my school janitor..I saw him at the beginning of the series wearing that 6pak Lakers cartoon caricature t-shirt, I bet made the bet with him. I was a little **** talker back then. LOL!
2/22/2017 11:53 PM
I grew up in Michigan and started paying attention to sports right around the time the Pistons got Billups and Sheed (another player I loved seeing play), and fell in love with the "going to work" Pistons. Then I heard about the Bad Boys and the "Jordan Rules"... my playing style for every sport throughout middle school and high school emulated Laimbeer, which was not always a good thing.
2/23/2017 1:01 AM
Posted by hoopsdude on 2/23/2017 1:01:00 AM (view original):
I grew up in Michigan and started paying attention to sports right around the time the Pistons got Billups and Sheed (another player I loved seeing play), and fell in love with the "going to work" Pistons. Then I heard about the Bad Boys and the "Jordan Rules"... my playing style for every sport throughout middle school and high school emulated Laimbeer, which was not always a good thing.
Haha! Hoops, I remember Laimbeer, and Barkley, and all the fights they had!
What a blast!
2/23/2017 1:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11|12 Next ▸
DH52 Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.