where are fumbles in the stats

they got INTs they aint got Fs

my RBs got plenty of fumbles when I read the PBP but statwise they never show up

ghost hands
2/10/2017 2:27 AM
You can see the team stats against where it shows Forced Fumbles, but I don't see an individual stat.<br /> <br /> I hear you, though, my RB has 9 fumbles in 7 games, 164 touches. &nbsp;<br /> <br /> What characteristics of a player leads to this? &nbsp;Hands? &nbsp;Technique?
2/21/2017 3:34 PM
They only happen on running plays, which is why most people prefer to pass if they have an experienced QB. Even the best RB's will fumble a decent amount.
2/21/2017 4:54 PM
Posted by chewbaluba on 2/21/2017 3:34:00 PM (view original):
You can see the team stats against where it shows Forced Fumbles, but I don't see an individual stat.<br /> <br /> I hear you, though, my RB has 9 fumbles in 7 games, 164 touches. &nbsp;<br /> <br /> What characteristics of a player leads to this? &nbsp;Hands? &nbsp;Technique?
where do you find this

do you keep track of it yourself?
2/22/2017 9:18 AM
I think they only fumble on outside runs also.. at least I don't remember any of my guys fumbling when they run inside.

but I'm pretty sure its not tracked
2/22/2017 2:52 PM
I mostly run inside and my RB's fumble a ton. I can make no correlation as to why (e.g. hands and so forth).

nitros
2/22/2017 3:05 PM
Yea looks like you are right nitros.. was just looking at my last season stats so it must have just been an oddity that I never fumbled on inside runs.
2/22/2017 3:08 PM
The fact is, if you are playing a Sr or at least a Jr Qb where the formation IQ is pretty high, then you will probably lose more turnovers running than passing ; because of the fumbles.
In the scenario I give above you will almost never throw a pick.
Which is one major reason that some coaches throw on almost all downs.
2/23/2017 6:18 AM

The fact is, if you are playing a Sr or at least a Jr Qb where the formation IQ is pretty high, then you will probably lose more turnovers running than passing ; because of the fumbles.
In the scenario I give above you will almost never throw a pick.
Which is one major reason that some coaches throw on almost all downs.

True from my experience. It is a headscratcher (at least for me) why I can't find a correlation between fumbles and some attribute of the player(s). My only explanation is that fumbles are tied to FIQ which spits out a % and then after x runs you fumble.

nitros

2/23/2017 9:16 AM
To me, fumbles just seem random. It's almost like the random number generator says "on this play your team will fumble".
My personal belief is that it is which team gets the fumble recovery that is determined by either attributes, formation iq , or combo of both. This is just a theory of mine. Like Nitros said , there is nothing we can look to and say "Aha. "That" is why we lost that fumble".
2/23/2017 9:56 AM
i'm gonna try to run the ball anyway. i got a thing for Earl Campbell Bo Jackson Jim Brown types. they say three yards and a cloud. i see knees breakin noggins
2/23/2017 10:07 AM
remember Barry Word and Christian Okoye? we probably won't throw much
2/23/2017 10:11 AM
Yeah, I am not knocking running as it is very effective. It is just frustrating to me that (as mojo said) you can basically eliminate turnovers if you all pass because you know the attributes in play for that analysis. If you do run the majority of the time, you will have some headscratcher turnovers that will make you chew on your keyboard....at least in my experience.

nitros
2/23/2017 10:47 AM
Don't get me wrong, I think you can run the ball effectively. You just have to factor in a fumble in here or there where you probably would not get an interception if your qb has high formation iq.
I used to run an almost all pass offense. Now I try to mix in as much running as I think I can get away with against the D I am facing.
Maybe I would win all passing or heavy running ; who knows ? But as long as I keep winning with the running game I will keep it up depending on the defense we face.
And like Bagchucker, I have fond memories of all 3 of those guys. Campbell was my favorite rb I have ever watched. Some rb's use speed, moves, and elusiveness. Campbell was a heckuva lot of sheer brutality. The defenders often took as much punishment as he did. He would run over them and through them. Awesome. Like watching a boxing match. Watch 2 great Boxer types and you may witness artistry and athleticism.
But there is nothing like watching 2 pure punchers that refuse to take a step back . There is something hypnotising about the sheer brutality.
Early Campbell was like that.
2/23/2017 11:47 AM
cruiserweight fight. Jimmy Ellis
http://youtu.be/i2HmmBWaUd4
2/23/2017 12:25 PM (edited)
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.