Posted by bagchucker on 2/23/2017 12:25:00 PM (view original):
cruiserweight fight. Jimmy Ellis
http://youtu.be/i2HmmBWaUd4
Best fight I ever saw - 2 skilled champions refusing to take a step back with an Amazing Surprise ending !! Whole fight FREE on Youtube.
One fighter actually says to his cornerman in between a round:"Only way he is gonna beat me is to kill me" . Amazingly close and brutal !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHkX6v6L8kM
(fast forward aprox 15 minutes to skip the Pre Fight B.S. and go directly to the fisticuffs)
2/23/2017 1:45 PM (edited)
get to the fight
2/23/2017 12:45 PM
ten seem like thirty minutes of prefight

whereas i take you straight to the fisticuffs
2/23/2017 12:56 PM
ok, i'm watching now. making it big screen
2/23/2017 12:59 PM
Hagler-Hearns. While not heavyweights, they both let it all hang out for 3 rounds. I can't think of a better example of going toe to toe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUOoSLW7TS4
2/23/2017 1:11 PM (edited)
heh, the one dude's cornerman said "Don't let him hit you"
2/23/2017 1:12 PM
that was a great fight. you know how it is when you yell at the TV
2/23/2017 1:40 PM
now we're on to hagler hearns. leonard was the pacquiau mayweather of the crew
2/23/2017 1:46 PM
Lol. Yup. I was screaming at he tv when I saw it live. And the amazing 10th round. Wow !
Samson, Hagler Hearns "Was" a superb battle. Corrales vs Castillo 1 was all that for 10 rounds with an Amazing Surprise Ending !
2/23/2017 1:50 PM
Back to on topic...

No matter how much I look at these stats I cant find any correlation. I love running the ball- I run it a lot. Not 100%. I will never do a 100% of anything.. theres no flexibility there.

FSU had 5 fumbles this season. 2 inside runs and 3 outside runs. Only 1 fumble was lost. RB stamina was above 92 on all the fumbles. 3 of the fumbles were done by the #1 RB in Wilkinson so its not a talent thing. The fumbles came against Cal, Duke and NC State. 1 of those is a garbage sim so its not a defensive talent thing. The number of carries doesnt seem to matter because he averages over 30 per game and it was the same in these games. Really does just seem to be a random roll every so often.

However, how often that roll occurs probably is connected to the talent of the player. This season my RB had 3 fumbles, last season (I think) it was closer to 5-6.

Lets switch gears and talk about why I dont like 100% passing and even if I wanted to I couldnt force myself to do it. Its really hard to find a way to do a comparison of these things.. but I think I have a good opportunity.

This season in Wilkinson vhoward had the #1 QB which fits perfectly in his 100% passing offense that everyone drools over. I had the #1 RB, perfect for my more balanced/heavy run offense that nobody pays attention to.

Lets compare some basic stats that everyone likes to point out when talking about passing. A good QB has no interceptions, blah blah blah...
Stanley King – QB – Rutgers - #1 Rank by Position
Yds Attempts Yds per Attempt Ints
4628 602 7.687707641 0

Donald Key – RB – Florida State - #1 Rank by Position
Yds Attempts Yds per Attempt Fumbles Fumbles Lost
2200 377 5.835544 3 1

Now I'm sure you are thinking, "Well theres your proof.. your RB had 1 turnover and his QB had 0. On top of that look at his yards per attempt compared to your RB.. obviously his QB throwing the ball is better then your guy running it."

Well theres something I hate almost as much as turnovers.. maybe more. 3-and-outs. Theres no point in having the ball if your QB just throws it into the dirt 3 times and then you punt.

The definition of a 3-and-out - "A term that is used to describe when an offensive team is required to punt on the fourth down because they failed to secure a first down during the first three plays of the drive."

So I went through most of the human competition me and vhoward played against this season (sims I cant count.. cause they dont count) and I counted how many times he had a 3-and-out and had to punt. Then I went through my games and counted every time I had at least 1 running play in a drive and also went 3-and-out.

Through 8 games vhoward had an average of 5.3 three-and-outs. Thats at least 5 possessions a game where he got absolutely nothing and gave the ball back.
3 and outs Opp
5 vs miami
6 vs ohio state
3 vs USF
6 vs louisville
8 vs pitt
5 vs west virginia
4 vs Temple
6 vs Syracuse

On the other hand, I averaged only 1.5 through 8 games.
3 and outs Opp
0 vs TCU
2 vs Cal
3 vs oklahoma
4 vs Florida
2 vs Duke
1 vs UNC
0 vs BC
0 vs Maryland

Can you guess which games I lost? What about vhoward? and does this data really mean anything?

Probably not much to anyone but me. I left out a few other variables that you might want to make a true analysis but my main point was.. I like running. It makes me feel like my offense is more efficient instead of wasting possession because I only can complete 58% of my passes even with the best QB.
2/23/2017 5:07 PM (edited)
hmmm
2/24/2017 11:01 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.