I was wondering if this is an Inter-World Phenomenon or is this just isolated to the few I play in perhaps due to my tendency to take on rebuilds. I've spent the bulk of my time with poor recruiting vision. My question is: Is the overall perceived (by me) Ratings for DBs just low? Is it not normally like this and affected because of demand? Was just curious if this was everywhere or just in Yost/Leahy and Wilk and any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
2/10/2017 8:32 AM
My own perception is that every once in while there is a drop off of overall talent in 1 or more positions.
I realize this could be because I need that position at that time and just due to randomness so may a lot of other coaches.
So, for whatever the reason , it seems like it happens once in a while.
2/10/2017 9:14 AM
I have played in every world and it seems that QB's and DB's have the lowest role ratings for recruits than the other positions. DB's at the DIII level at the highest vision are 45 at the highest and that is maybe 1 or 2 guys. QB's rarely hit 40. Pretty sure all levels are the same way in that those 2 are the lowest starting role ratings.

2/10/2017 9:17 AM
If you look at them from a GUESS ratings perspective, they are generally lower rated than other positions. OL, DL, and RB are the highest. DB and QB are the lowest (QB by far is the lowest).
2/12/2017 9:09 PM
I under if a bump in DB starting cores would make defending the pass better? Or is the overall consensus that defending the pass you just need to game plan better?
2/13/2017 1:22 AM
Posted by truedevil33 on 2/13/2017 1:22:00 AM (view original):
I under if a bump in DB starting cores would make defending the pass better? Or is the overall consensus that defending the pass you just need to game plan better?
Are there hidden options I am not aware of?

1. Call Run or Pass
2. Set depth. Short, Medium or Long
3. Blitz, or not
4. Formation, which means very little at lower levels.

Other than good players, what else can you do with the Game Plan to stop the pass?
2/13/2017 8:19 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.