Does anyone want to hear my story? Topic

I find myself the target of akite’s recruiting.
Season 127. I am in the middle of 2 battles with the Rutgers coach (caesari). I have been around a long time and thought I had a decent shot. To save money for the battles, I locked onto a high rated, low potential RB named Steven Miles from Virginia Beach, VA. 414 miles to PSU, 1050 from Wisconsin. On the last day of signings, Wisconsin jumped on him. The rest of Wisconsin’s class was garbage, no one rated above 60 in guess except for a QB. He must have saved up a bunch of money because I spent over 67K on Miles and he beat me for him. From Wisconsin. It would have had to cost him over 90K. There were much better options available closer to him. It also caused me to lose my battles with Rutgers. A setback, but nothing earth shattering, I could rebuild the OL next season and my RBs were deep and talented.
2/10/2017 9:41 AM
Season 128. Akite moves to Pitt, but has no bowl money. I decide to keep an eye on him, but don’t worry too much. I am in the middle of all out recruiting war with huskerfan26 at Temple. 7 battles. I still need a RB, but with so many battles I can’t afford to go after a really good one. I settle on a potential fullback named John Hines out of Downington, PA. 163 miles to PSU, 277 miles to Pitt. Pitt is busy recruiting garbage. Guess ranked 75 class. On the last day before signings, who pops up on John Hines? Pitt. A garbage RB … just depth for me. Here comes akite again. I had a feeling he would be coming for him. I did not even fight for him. (I also lost a battle with Syracuse for a LB) I focused everything I had left on the battles with Temple. I was able to pull them out, but now I am really short at the RB position. On the coaches chat, akite teased huskerfan about losing 7 battles to the same coach. I sent huskerfan (a coach I have a great deal of respect for) a site mail telling him to avoid conflict with akite if possible so that he doesn’t become a target.
2/10/2017 9:42 AM
Season 129. Now I am really watching akite. I know he is going to jump on my RB recruit. I avoid battles even though I really want to go after OL McRae who is only 114 miles away. I save my money and wait. I turn Jason Haynes 18 ranked RB green the first day. Later I flip Aaron Plummer 21 ranked RB green when he is only pursued by sims. I also turn Capps 68 RB green as a fall back. On purpose I chose RBs which are good, but not great. That way there are better options for akite to pursue. That way akite can’t use the excuse that he only wanted the best possible RB and sacrificed the rest of his class for him. Day 1 goes by, Pitt shows up on no recruits. Day 2, Pitt starts to show up on D1AA recruits. I know he is saving his money to hit me. Here is the list of his recruits:
DB Harper, unranked only shows up on D1AA searches
DB Aldrich, unranked only shows up on D1AA searches
DL White, unranked only shows up on D1AA searches
LB Schwartz, unranked only shows up on D1AA searches
LB Walker, ranked 107
OL Mills, unranked only shows up on D1AA searches
OL Jones, unranked only shows up on D1AA searches
WR Dawson, ranked 113
QB Cody, ranked 192

Final night before signings, he shows up on Haynes. Last cycle before signings, he shows up on Plummer. I sent in a ticket about targeting other coaches as soon as I saw him on Haynes. It is now 2 days after signings started and I appear to be ahead on both RBs. But it has cost me 120K of my recruiting budget.
2/10/2017 9:42 AM
The Wilkinson connection
This is really interesting. Tigerpark joined Wilkinson in season 124. Nothing strange there, a successful coach who want to test himself against a well populated world of good coaches. Akite also joined Wilk in season 124 and the two of them have been practically inseparable since. Check it out.
Season 124
D3 – tigerpark- S. Sewanee in Sewanee, TN, akite is 164 miles away at Maryville.
Seasons 125 – 128
D2 – tigerpark – Truman State in Kirksville, MO, akite is 77 miles away at Quincy
Season 129
D1AA – tigerpark – Penn in Philadelphia, PA, akite is 56 miles away at Delaware
2/10/2017 9:43 AM
Conclusion
I can’t prove akite30 and tigerpark135 are the same user.
Then again I can’t prove a lot of things. I can’t prove a negative. I can’t prove that God exists. I can’t prove that crosswalk push buttons do nothing. But maybe customer service can. I have an open ticket asking them to check IP addresses and billing information for the two accounts. I know they can do the first, but it is a pain in the butt. The second, they probably can’t do. I will let everyone know the outcome.

Thank you for letting me get this off my chest.
BK

2/10/2017 9:43 AM
I hate cheaters. You're the best bk and good luck. WIS should be able to put a lot less effort into this than you did to resolve it.
2/10/2017 9:50 AM
Even if the "relatives / roommates sharing computer" card is played here, that would be a staggering amount of coincidence to write off. And true coincidences are very rare.

I'd be interested to hear tigerpark's side of the story.
2/10/2017 10:49 AM (edited)
Posted by kcsundevil on 2/10/2017 10:49:00 AM (view original):
Even if the "relatives / roommates sharing computer" card is played here, that would be a staggering amount of coincidence to write off. And true coincidences are very rare.

Even if it is 2 different people using the same computer its still very clearly collusion and targeting. Needs to be proven and then taken care of. I feel like there is enough proof already but IP addresses will be the final nail in the coffin.
2/10/2017 11:06 AM
bk lays out a compelling timeline and details...I will be interested to see what the outcome is.
2/10/2017 11:33 AM
Posted by truedevil33 on 2/10/2017 11:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 2/10/2017 10:49:00 AM (view original):

Even if it is 2 different people using the same computer its still very clearly collusion and targeting. Needs to be proven and then taken care of. I feel like there is enough proof already but IP addresses will be the final nail in the coffin.
I don't think you need the IP addresses, the collusion argument is clear regardless of which computers / mobile devices were used. All I'm saying is it would be nice to hear from the accused.
2/10/2017 11:34 AM
bk I don't know what you do in real life, but if you are not a detective, you have missed your calling!
2/10/2017 11:37 AM
Bagged and Tagged. Thanks for the info bk.
2/10/2017 12:48 PM
Cheaters BLOW!!! Go get em BK!!!
2/10/2017 12:52 PM
Great work Bk! Unbelievable that someone can actually look at themselves in the mirror and feel good about any of their accomplishments when they're cheating to get there.

2/10/2017 12:55 PM
Props to you BK for doing such a thorough investigation! That's a ton of evidence for sure.

lol @ Tigerpark having to cheat to succeed at this game
2/10/2017 12:57 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Does anyone want to hear my story? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.