Anyone in Wilkinson D1AA Topic

Please read my post in the GD forum. It maybe in your best interest.
2/10/2017 11:33 AM
2/10/2017 1:25 PM (edited)
Posted by bkdries on 2/10/2017 11:33:00 AM (view original):
Please read my post in the GD forum. It maybe in your best interest.
Patiently waiting for a response from WIS on your ticket. If they don't take care of it I'll make sure a group of coaches uses the same fakes and breaks down the Wilkinson data to submit more tickets. It's extremely clear what is going on. All the facts are there.
2/10/2017 12:29 PM
Wareagle389 and Wareagle399 say "that's messed up man". Not that all people would voluntarily list aliases, but I am for a shared spreadsheet of coaches with aliases. It does nothing to keep this type of incident from happening though. Jacked up all the way around.
2/10/2017 12:48 PM
If everyone with aliases puts themselves on the list then we can assume everyone else is cheating.
2/10/2017 1:54 PM
It would be really hard to stop all forms of cheating in this game and different coaches have different ideas about what constitutes cheating. I have suspected in the past that there were coaches that were using similar methods to gain an advantage and I find the idea revolting. I have always rejected the idea that in real football it is not cheating unless you get caught, teaching someone how to get away with playing dirty, or how to remove a player from the game or limit his effectiveness through injury, or otherwise breaking rules in such a way that it is hidden from view to me are all forms of cheating. If a team or a person has to rely on cheating in order to win, then he has not in truth won anything. There are some coaches who would call any interaction between coaches playing in the same world as collusion. I personally do not, thus I give coaches in the same world playing and recruiting advice all of the time and I believe that this is consistent with what real world coaches do. But if this case proves to have merit as it appears to have, then it would be one of the largest, purest and most egregious cases of collusion ever! This is obviously a very hard thing for an individual coach to prove, and I can't imagine how much work and heartache BK has been through in order to compile all of this evidence. Perhaps WIS should supply a special button to report suspicious activity concerning a particular coach, the username reigny comes to mind. I could also suggest that they set up a program that runs deep searches across worlds that would flag inconsistencies or patterns that might be an indication of cheating.

This type of targeting and cheating by a coach, if true, can not be allowed to stand and it puts the entire game in jeopardy. Which of us wants to be cheated out of our investment of time and money in this way? Not to mention the emotional toll that it takes when all of your work and efforts are stolen out from under you by some low life coward and lying thief. I hope that the Staff at WIS takes a serious look at this and does a system-wide investigation into potential similar occurrences, it is doubtful to me that this would be an isolated case. If this is not completely cleared up it would definitely be a potential deal breaker for me, I don't think that I possess BK's amazing strength of character and resilience.

I have never had two teams in the same world, but I have co-coached a couple of teams that were in the same world for short periods of time. I don't think that I will even do that anymore, I wouldn't want to even invite the chance of arousing suspicion of something improper going on. Just reading this and thinking about the implications of this post has greatly saddened my day!
2/10/2017 4:18 PM
I honestly do not believe that cheating in this game is the norm. I believe most people play the game completely above-the-board and are not looking for opportunities to skirt the rules at every chance. Does it happen? Sure. I think BK's thread highlights a very-likely instance - perhaps the worst I've ever seen - of such behavior and should be investigated with the full force that WIS can bring to bear.

(Side note: IP addresses would be low-hanging fruit, but should not be the final determinant of any wrong-doing. One could easily circumvent this check by only logging into one account on their mobile device, while only logging into the other account on their computer from work, for instance.)

I have two IDs in Wilkinson (only world where this is the case) because I will eventually hand "vhoward415" back to Vince, who has returned to GD under "howarddv" and assume all coaching under this GT ID. I'm currently trying to decide how to manage that transition. In light of recent discussions and incidents, that may happen before I get GT up any higher, but I haven't decided. Regardless, it never even occurred to me to use one or the other to cheat. In fact, I was already planning on going out of my way to avoid even the appearance of impropriety by keeping huge distances between my teams, even at differing levels.

If you (generic, "you", not just Pete) are reading all of this discussion and getting discouraged, I hope you'll pause and consider my thoughts. I really don't believe it's rampant. I think the overwhelming majority of the game is on the up-and-up.
2/10/2017 5:33 PM (edited)

I honestly do not believe that cheating in this game is the norm. I believe most people play the game completely above-the-board and are not looking for opportunities to skirt the rules at every chance.

+1. Good post.

nitros

2/10/2017 5:44 PM
I happen to agree with GT. Cheating is not rampant in this game. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't spend my time or money here. I believe that you can't get any satisfaction from winning if you have to cheat.
2/10/2017 6:08 PM
Posted by nitros on 2/10/2017 5:44:00 PM (view original):

I honestly do not believe that cheating in this game is the norm. I believe most people play the game completely above-the-board and are not looking for opportunities to skirt the rules at every chance.

+1. Good post.

nitros

Thank you GT, Nitros and BK, I'm really bummed about this but I'm now confident that you are right and that cheating is isolated and infrequent in the game, at least on this level of deception.
2/10/2017 6:29 PM
I have seen single handily one "eliteA" team take all the top recruits from a different state and that other "eliteB" team located in that state settles for lesser recruits. It's either cheating or just very bad recruiting on one teams part. That puts my Norte Dame team in a bind against "eliteA" because "eliteB" lets them have all of their best in state recruits without battle, then "eliteA" and "eliteB" wants to team up and come after recruits I have had green until the morning of signings.
2/10/2017 7:34 PM
I thinking is infrequent but I also think some owners are a little naive about how often it happens.
2/10/2017 7:57 PM
Besides IP they could also look at all the scout visits akite logged on recruits at a higher vision level that tiger signed.

2/10/2017 9:42 PM
Great work BK and for anyone who cares I started a new ID Natidawg because i wanted to play in the lower divisions of Wilkinson. Dont worry same ol hack coach different name...
2/10/2017 9:56 PM
Posted by dukelegend on 2/10/2017 9:42:00 PM (view original):
Besides IP they could also look at all the scout visits akite logged on recruits at a higher vision level that tiger signed.

I wonder if that data still exists from old seasons. Great idea, though...
2/11/2017 12:20 AM
12 Next ▸
Anyone in Wilkinson D1AA Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.