Setting a Pinch Runner Topic

I usually draft a low salary (< 300K) player with high speed a good stolen base %. The intention here is to have him pinch run for either my pitcher, a pinch hitter, or a slow player if anyone gets on base in the last inning or two of a game.

What I've noticed, though, is that the sim doesn't recognize his use case and instead tries to use him as a pinch hitter (normally these guys are not ALSO great hitters given their salary), which not only makes him largely useless, but also can kill rallies and force me to miss out on potential scoring opportunities.

How can I communicate to Sparky that I'd like a player to be used ONLY as a pinch runner, and NOT a pinch hitter?
2/10/2017 2:35 PM
Many years ago that strategy worked like a charm. But I long ago abandoned that idea.
2/10/2017 3:16 PM
All I can think of is going to the hierarchy and taking that scrub out the rotation/order/whatever you call it
2/10/2017 6:11 PM
That's the only way I've been able to prevent them being used as a PHer too, Simmy still doesn't use him (as often/correctly) like you or I would. Also you can up your frequency of pinch running in the "Team Managerial Style" section. Just another reason why I prefer live leagues, I don't understand why they're not more popular, total team control.
2/11/2017 1:23 AM
Posted by duece_duece on 2/11/2017 1:23:00 AM (view original):
That's the only way I've been able to prevent them being used as a PHer too, Simmy still doesn't use him (as often/correctly) like you or I would. Also you can up your frequency of pinch running in the "Team Managerial Style" section. Just another reason why I prefer live leagues, I don't understand why they're not more popular, total team control.
In short, the Java app is a pain to work with and doesn't work well with all computers. Plus it takes a lot more time to play a game LIVE than it does to just check teams. Not everyone has that kind of time.
2/11/2017 9:48 AM
Setting a Pinch Runner Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.