Eliminating New Coach Sign Up period Topic

Posted by bathtubhippo on 2/12/2017 8:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 2/11/2017 11:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by chapelhillne on 2/11/2017 10:12:00 AM (view original):
I just sent this ticket to WIS - what do you guys think?

I have a suggestion. It will help your revenues, and just makes sense. Why not combine the new coach signups with the job change periods? Basically do away with the new coach sign up period. It is a pause in the game for a lot of players that are ready for the next season. But the biggest advantage to the change would be that it would allow new coaches to recruit in the second session to start building their team, instead of having to rely on the sim to finish recruiting. It gives them "some" ownership of their new team. By deleting the two day new coach sign up period from the calendar, you turn the worlds over two days faster, which would increase revenues by about 4% to 7%, since people will be paying for a shorter time period, while still getting the full value of what they are paying for. It would also be nice, once a coach signs up for a team, if they could at least see the team for the rest of the year, even if they could not do anything with it.
"But the biggest advantage to the change would be that it would allow new coaches to recruit in the second session..."

One of the biggest whines in the forums is how difficult it is for experienced coaches to learn how to recruit in the second period. (Well, that's a sanitized version -- they don't own their own failure, they blame the game). Either way, you now propose throwing newbies into the deep end? Bwahahahahaha. That doesn't seem to be doing them any favors, does it?
ultimately, do you think there is much difference between flailing at the second recruiting session vs letting the sim recruit junk you'll have to cut anyway? worst case you don't know what you're doing and you end up with players that are still no worse than what the sim hands you, really, right?
Look, I don't actually care if they throw newbies into the deep end or not. I have no investment in the success of HD. If it fails, life goes on. But throwing newbies into recruiting the week they start the game is a sure-fire bad experience for them. Giving them a season or even a half season to learn makes a lot more sense.
2/12/2017 11:34 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 2/12/2017 11:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bathtubhippo on 2/12/2017 8:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 2/11/2017 11:56:00 PM (view original):

I have a suggestion. It will help your revenues, and just makes sense. Why not combine the new coach signups with the job change periods? Basically do away with the new coach sign up period. It is a pause in the game for a lot of players that are ready for the next season. But the biggest advantage to the change would be that it would allow new coaches to recruit in the second session to start building their team, instead of having to rely on the sim to finish recruiting. It gives them "some" ownership of their new team. By deleting the two day new coach sign up period from the calendar, you turn the worlds over two days faster, which would increase revenues by about 4% to 7%, since people will be paying for a shorter time period, while still getting the full value of what they are paying for. It would also be nice, once a coach signs up for a team, if they could at least see the team for the rest of the year, even if they could not do anything with it.
"But the biggest advantage to the change would be that it would allow new coaches to recruit in the second session..."

One of the biggest whines in the forums is how difficult it is for experienced coaches to learn how to recruit in the second period. (Well, that's a sanitized version -- they don't own their own failure, they blame the game). Either way, you now propose throwing newbies into the deep end? Bwahahahahaha. That doesn't seem to be doing them any favors, does it?
ultimately, do you think there is much difference between flailing at the second recruiting session vs letting the sim recruit junk you'll have to cut anyway? worst case you don't know what you're doing and you end up with players that are still no worse than what the sim hands you, really, right?
Look, I don't actually care if they throw newbies into the deep end or not. I have no investment in the success of HD. If it fails, life goes on. But throwing newbies into recruiting the week they start the game is a sure-fire bad experience for them. Giving them a season or even a half season to learn makes a lot more sense.
Disagree. Getting into the game right at the start got me staying. Nothing like getting your player. I remembered paying 3k on a bad center the first season. Great fun!
2/12/2017 11:37 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 2/12/2017 11:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 2/12/2017 8:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by snafu4u on 2/11/2017 8:59:00 PM (view original):
Great idea!

Now cue coachspud to come in and explain how this change would be welfare for DI elites in 3.....2.....1......
Nailed it!
No, not actually. You both missed the point entirely, but that is exactly as expected from you trolling me. BTW, if you have nothing to say, you could always try not posting instead of posting another stupid cartoon. Those stupid cartoons make you look, well, stupid.
I want more cartoons! Keep 'em coming!
2/12/2017 11:42 AM

I asked them about period 2 recruiting and something similar. They said that was by design that new coaches were not allowed to recruit period 2.
2/12/2017 11:59 AM
Posted by Derek_Koenig on 2/12/2017 1:32:00 AM (view original):
I think this would be a great idea.

However, would you have new coach signups and the job changes start at the same time? Or would you give job changes like a day headstart?
I think they could start at the same time, because new coaches can sign up all during the season anyway. That's what seems so silly about the current system. Right now, you could sign up in any world you wanted to. Why have a whole period devoted to that. It just does not make any sense.
2/12/2017 10:19 PM
I sent in the same ticket. They are let's say....Dumb burroughs...
2/12/2017 10:34 PM
If hoops dynasty wants to make money lower the cost to play. It's a joke. People like the idea of this game but 13 $ to play when you could buy other things for your family is a bad trade off. They don't care it's like free money for a lack of programmer on their part. 13 bucks....Why? Ya good business plan.... It's called optimize your revenue WIS
2/12/2017 10:40 PM
Especially when it cost 2 seasons just to recruit your own players. Ya people want to spend 26 dollars to waste two months to get their own players. Not only do their own players are freshman that can't win right away. So that turns into 4 years. So approximately 50 dollars to see some sort of improvement in this game. So that turns into a 4 month commitment just to have your team lose in a second round and have a 5 dollar credit. Yay for WIS. Even if you keep a coach for 4 seasons they are still not committing long term.
2/12/2017 10:45 PM
◂ Prev 12
Eliminating New Coach Sign Up period Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.