Open dialogue with Tigerpark Topic

Before we start, you mentioned you were unaware of any accusations of cheating.

As you warned your accusers, I am buckled up and ready for a rough ride.

Please review the following thread:
https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=499715

2/11/2017 3:38 PM
Please review what coach jeffc7823 has to say about fraud. It may not apply to you, but I think it is excellent reading. PS - jeffc7823 is a new hero of mine.

It's just not possible that your son would follow you so closely geographically at every stop. Also not reasonable that he was would choose to target BK and esf. I'm a financial statement auditor by profession. Part of my job is to identify fraud. Reading BK's story, tigerpark appears guilty from the evidence given and the psychology of a fraudster.

Let me explain further...Fraudsters almost never start out with an intention of being egregiously fraudulent. They start out stealing $20 and then escalate as they don't get caught and face additional pressure. Then there is the psychological concept known as the fraud triangle. This says that in fraud there is first opportunity, then pressure to to commit fraud and finally rationalization for that fraud. So here's my version of what I think happened...

Tigerpark has a D3 job in Leahy and his son wants to play as well. So he allows his son to play and his son takes a school close to him. Tigerpark realizes his son isn't keeping up with his team appropriately (pretty common thing when you let kids play this game). Maybe he logs in with the intention of helping, but when he does he notes his opportunity to cheat. Maybe he uses it once or twice during this period, but my guess is that he doesn't need to that often during this period. As we know, Tigerpark is a good coach with or without help and he probably doesn't need that much help at DIII.

So we move down the line and Tigerpark needs a little additional help scouting when he gets to 1A. So he keeps the akite account close and takes advantage gradually and builds a name for himself as an incredible recruiter. Then he runs up against esf at Notre Dame which causes pressure. He has gotten away with fraud before and now he is under pressure from ND. This is the sitaution where fraud is escalated. As we know from BK's narrative, that's exactly what Tigerpark did. Fraud typically gets noticed when it escalates and esf noticed, but he couldn't prove it and the masses backed up Tigerpark. He got away with it again and then in a surprise move his pressure went away.

Without the pressure of an elite coach to challenge him, Tigerpark can put akite back in his pocket for the time being, but then esf showed up. At this point Tigerpark has gotten away with egregious fraud, so the escalation when the next pressure was felt met no bounds as he absolutely unleashed on BK with the akite account. This is the picture of the psychology of a fraudster or a cheater.

I'm not a good or accomplished coach, but you don't have to be to recognize dishonest behavior. Tigerpark, I respected what I thought you were, but I have zero respect what you are and that is a fraud. If you want to target me then so be it, I don't define my life by simulation football games.
2/11/2017 3:47 PM
I hope you had a good weekend and the tournament went well. Now that you are home, lets get this over with.

If I seem angry and hostile, I am. I am trying to keep an open mind. Please explain to me and the rest of the WIS community why we should not be angry and hostile. You and/or your son can start by answering the following questions:
2/11/2017 3:51 PM
Questions for Tigerpark/akite

1) When you had the run in with esf in 2015, at no point did you mention that you knew akite30 outside of the game. Don't you think it was pertinant information that he was your son and you pay for his account?

2) Between Leahy and Wilkinson, I count 9 times when akite switched coaching positions to stay close (within 250 miles) to the tigerpark account. This includes 6 times when you both moved during the same season and kept in close proximity to each other. If you are not using one account to scout for the other, why is akite following you around? I did not count the 2 times akite moved into nearby Big Ten teams (Illinois and Wisconsin).

3) If you are not directing your son/son's account, why is he targeting your chief rivals at the expense of his own team?

4) Why did akite move from Wisconsin to Pittsburgh? The only advantage I can see is to be closer to Penn State to disrupt my program. Please give me a different reason.

5) You said in your statement "For the record: I never told him anything. I never even told him my playbook secrets." Yet in esf's thread you offered up the fact that you mentored akite on recruiting, asked him what esf had told him and told him where esf was wrong and told him how to beat elites. It seems like you told him quite abit. Do you want to remove that statement from the record?
2/11/2017 3:56 PM (edited)
Questions aimed directly at akite30 only
1) Akite do you admit that you were recruiting solely to save money so that you could target Penn State RB recruits late in recruiting (last 12 hours before signings) for the last 3 seasons? If the answer to this is yes, you can skip answering the next 4 questions.

2) Season 127, if you were not specifically targeting me at PSU, why jump on Steven Miles a back who is only considering an elite program and more than 1000 miles away from you the last day before signings? I know you could have spent that 90K better on players closer to home.

3) Season 127, why pursue Steven Miles after it became apparent that I still had plenty of money left? If you scouted him at all, you had to know he was a low potential player. Again, there were much better options closer to home.

4) Season 128, Hines was the RB that really drove it home that I was being targeted by akite. He is garbage at D1A. I only considered him because he was cheap, it was late in recruiting and I was tied up in other battles. I believe he was undecided when I started recruiting him. If you coveted him, why not put some effort into him before he was considering me? Unless of course you admit that you were specifficly targeting me at the expense of your own team.

5) Season 129, I watched you very closely. Studied everything you did in recruiting. I was laying in wait. You had to see I wasn't involved in any large battles. You had to know I was sitting on a ton of cash. If you were not specifically targeting me at PSU, why jump on Haynes and then Plummer? If you were sitting on over 140K (conservative estimate, I have invested 120K in those 2 RBs and they still aren't signed), why not pursue Robert Jackson in KY. He is much better and only 323 miles from Pittsburgh. If you are to be believed, you already traveled farther for a much lesser player 2 seasons before.
2/11/2017 3:55 PM
I am sure I will have more questions once I hear your responses. I eagerly await your answers. I am trying to keep this civilized and mature. I hope you will do the same.
2/11/2017 3:58 PM
+1
2/11/2017 4:14 PM
Posted by bkdries on 2/11/2017 3:47:00 PM (view original):
Please review what coach jeffc7823 has to say about fraud. It may not apply to you, but I think it is excellent reading. PS - jeffc7823 is a new hero of mine.

It's just not possible that your son would follow you so closely geographically at every stop. Also not reasonable that he was would choose to target BK and esf. I'm a financial statement auditor by profession. Part of my job is to identify fraud. Reading BK's story, tigerpark appears guilty from the evidence given and the psychology of a fraudster.

Let me explain further...Fraudsters almost never start out with an intention of being egregiously fraudulent. They start out stealing $20 and then escalate as they don't get caught and face additional pressure. Then there is the psychological concept known as the fraud triangle. This says that in fraud there is first opportunity, then pressure to to commit fraud and finally rationalization for that fraud. So here's my version of what I think happened...

Tigerpark has a D3 job in Leahy and his son wants to play as well. So he allows his son to play and his son takes a school close to him. Tigerpark realizes his son isn't keeping up with his team appropriately (pretty common thing when you let kids play this game). Maybe he logs in with the intention of helping, but when he does he notes his opportunity to cheat. Maybe he uses it once or twice during this period, but my guess is that he doesn't need to that often during this period. As we know, Tigerpark is a good coach with or without help and he probably doesn't need that much help at DIII.

So we move down the line and Tigerpark needs a little additional help scouting when he gets to 1A. So he keeps the akite account close and takes advantage gradually and builds a name for himself as an incredible recruiter. Then he runs up against esf at Notre Dame which causes pressure. He has gotten away with fraud before and now he is under pressure from ND. This is the sitaution where fraud is escalated. As we know from BK's narrative, that's exactly what Tigerpark did. Fraud typically gets noticed when it escalates and esf noticed, but he couldn't prove it and the masses backed up Tigerpark. He got away with it again and then in a surprise move his pressure went away.

Without the pressure of an elite coach to challenge him, Tigerpark can put akite back in his pocket for the time being, but then esf showed up. At this point Tigerpark has gotten away with egregious fraud, so the escalation when the next pressure was felt met no bounds as he absolutely unleashed on BK with the akite account. This is the picture of the psychology of a fraudster or a cheater.

I'm not a good or accomplished coach, but you don't have to be to recognize dishonest behavior. Tigerpark, I respected what I thought you were, but I have zero respect what you are and that is a fraud. If you want to target me then so be it, I don't define my life by simulation football games.
I am honored BK!! You are a hero of mine for doing the detective work it took to gather all of the pertinent clues to the extent tp can't explain it away. Imagine if you hadn't...

Also, I apologize for all the typos. I saw a bunch just now reading it back. Didn't review it at all.
2/11/2017 4:49 PM
Posted by bkdries on 2/11/2017 3:56:00 PM (view original):
Questions for Tigerpark/akite

1) When you had the run in with esf in 2015, at no point did you mention that you knew akite30 outside of the game. Don't you think it was pertinant information that he was your son and you pay for his account?

2) Between Leahy and Wilkinson, I count 9 times when akite switched coaching positions to stay close (within 250 miles) to the tigerpark account. This includes 6 times when you both moved during the same season and kept in close proximity to each other. If you are not using one account to scout for the other, why is akite following you around? I did not count the 2 times akite moved into nearby Big Ten teams (Illinois and Wisconsin).

3) If you are not directing your son/son's account, why is he targeting your chief rivals at the expense of his own team?

4) Why did akite move from Wisconsin to Pittsburgh? The only advantage I can see is to be closer to Penn State to disrupt my program. Please give me a different reason.

5) You said in your statement "For the record: I never told him anything. I never even told him my playbook secrets." Yet in esf's thread you offered up the fact that you mentored akite on recruiting, asked him what esf had told him and told him where esf was wrong and told him how to beat elites. It seems like you told him quite abit. Do you want to remove that statement from the record?
1. He was a minor at the time and any good father would lie to protect his son. At the time I didn't think it was anyone's business.
2. We made our world changes at the same time and indeed spoke to each other to do so, yes. Moving up divisions was unspoken. I can attest that Z32 and I moved up at the same time in three different divisions as well. Perhaps we can ask him questions as well.
3. I don't consider Penn State my chief rival. Ohio State and Notre Dame are my primary recruiting rivals. Perhaps you perceived my son targeting you because he was trying to get a RB that was 23 miles away from his school(Pitt) and you happened to be on the same recruit. I am not sure though because I don't read minds. What other one of my "chief rivals" did he target? Did he Target Notre Dame or OSU, or even Iowa when I was locked into an intense battle with him for my QB?
4. Are we in Communist China? Why did you move from LSU to PSU. Although I am glad you did because Scottso was a much better recruiter.
5. This is all correct. I never said anything in terms of anything that could be considered collusion. As for the mentoring, he to this day still does not know my playbooks. He did tell me everything ESF told him a few years ago but I can't remember all that.

Keep the questions coming.

2/11/2017 7:26 PM
Here's a question. Why did you threaten your persecutors in an earlier post and what were you threatening us with?
2/11/2017 7:47 PM
I was threatening you with an invitation to good healthy competition and an understanding that I will NOT be intimidated by the lynch mob.
2/11/2017 8:10 PM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 2/11/2017 8:10:00 PM (view original):
I was threatening you with an invitation to good healthy competition and an understanding that I will NOT be intimidated by the lynch mob.
I read this and pictured you in a Shrek costume running around. Entertaining for sure.
2/11/2017 8:13 PM
I've been reading and keeping up with this with interest because AKite was in my conference the last couple of seasons. AKite in Wilkinson struck me as weird because he never recruited until the very end of the recruiting. I can't say what the intentions were but it came off real weird. So I guess the questions that needs to be asked and answered are:
  1. Did you and your son ever discuss specific recruits?
  2. Did you and your son ever discuss him scouting recruits with no intention of signing them so you can gauge their potential?
  3. Did you and your son ever target the same recruits and then made a deal to back off to save the other money?
I'm sure it will come out either way, but I'm sure this all could've been avoided if you were more forthcoming with the information when originally called out two years ago. I have children too and I understand protecting them. But you had to know that:
At best, it would look like you were trying to hide that you and your son were colluding.
At worst, it would look like you have two accounts, and you were just outright cheating.
2/11/2017 8:13 PM
1. No and I swear on all five of my childrens lives.
2. No and I swear on all of my kids lives.
3. No and I swear on all my kids lives. But I have done this with other coaches years ago in D3.
2/11/2017 8:19 PM
and d1 once or twice with other coaches
2/11/2017 8:20 PM
123456 Next ▸
Open dialogue with Tigerpark Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.