Open dialogue with Tigerpark Topic

I think the other thing I keep thinking about is that even if we believe that Akite is completely run by his son, why on earth would an adult son be focused on helping his dad. Every father/son I know are competitive with their dads. Nothing better as a son to beat your dad at anything.

And even if Akite didn't care about this game at all and just wanted to screw around with Tigerpark's opponents, it's impossible the two wouldn't talk about it, and have a few laughs about what Akite was doing. Just the fact that if Tigerpark knew what was going on and did nothing to stop it or come clean that it was happening, that's no different than running the account yourself.
2/12/2017 9:45 AM
Posted by chetty1963 on 2/12/2017 9:45:00 AM (view original):
I think the other thing I keep thinking about is that even if we believe that Akite is completely run by his son, why on earth would an adult son be focused on helping his dad. Every father/son I know are competitive with their dads. Nothing better as a son to beat your dad at anything.

And even if Akite didn't care about this game at all and just wanted to screw around with Tigerpark's opponents, it's impossible the two wouldn't talk about it, and have a few laughs about what Akite was doing. Just the fact that if Tigerpark knew what was going on and did nothing to stop it or come clean that it was happening, that's no different than running the account yourself.
The entire thing is indeed underhanded whether his "adult son" plays the game or not. And in reading his comments on the Big 10 chat in Leahy he is very cavalier about getting away with this.
Since WIS refuses to properly address this then the coaches where he plays will need to. First off no human should schedule him. With a sim non-con he will never see a glimpse of an NC game again.
2/12/2017 10:26 AM
Posted by jibe717 on 2/12/2017 10:26:00 AM (view original):

The entire thing is indeed underhanded whether his "adult son" plays the game or not. And in reading his comments on the Big 10 chat in Leahy he is very cavalier about getting away with this.
Since WIS refuses to properly address this then the coaches where he plays will need to. First off no human should schedule him. With a sim non-con he will never see a glimpse of an NC game again.
Agreed. If WIS won't handle this, then the coaches of Leahy and Wilkinson must police this ourselves.
2/12/2017 11:44 AM
+1 to Chetty.
2/12/2017 11:59 AM
I currently have one team which is in wilkinson. I'm at the point where it's time to put more money into my account. I was planning on doing so on Wednesday and rejoining leahy as well as possibly making a second Id for a d2 team in wilkinson. With this "scandal" and the punishment, or lack there of, by wis I will not be putting any more money into this site. Tiger park/akite is a crappy way to go about playing a game but that isn't why I have come to this decision. I've been waiting for some kind of communication from wis. an update, developers chat, just someone showing something approaching a level of customer service. I've seen nothing and I don't anticipate there being any kind of meaningful dialogue in the near future. Heck I have a ticket that was time sensitive from a yeah and a half ago that was never responded to. When you add in the "punishment " for a clear breaking of the rules that is simply, you must follow the rules, I'm done. I have no desire to pay for something where my opinion, and that of my peers, counts for less than any old joe coming in off the street.

When this season ends in wilkinson my st Mary's team will be available and I will no longer be around. Good luck to the rest of you who stay and may the powers that be at wis treat you better than how they've been treating us now.
2/12/2017 1:52 PM (edited)
This now has me wondering about a couple coaches that never recruit players and season after season have nothing but SIMs. I wonder if they are just scouting for other teams.
2/12/2017 2:36 PM
Posted by FlaRounder on 2/12/2017 2:36:00 PM (view original):
This now has me wondering about a couple coaches that never recruit players and season after season have nothing but SIMs. I wonder if they are just scouting for other teams.
I have wondered about that before any of this. I am actually more surprised by how surprised some coaches are by this, than by the cheating itself, or the punishment (or lack of it). I mean there are coaches with 10-20 years of losing records. Why else would they resubscribe unless they are there to help an established coach? I never connected the dots about how it would be done exactly, but all of this discussion certainly clarifies things.

Every game has cheaters. Most have some sort of system to catch them though. Whether using bots or multiaccounting, if there is no penalty, or even effort to screen it out, it will exist. I wonder if more people will do it now. I mean these threads are a manual on how to improve the talent on your team! Most of us are faceless strangers. Nobody is watching. Think of things people get up to when nobody is watching. I might make an AKitepart2 when the world flips.
2/12/2017 4:02 PM (edited)
Posted by samson75 on 2/12/2017 3:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by FlaRounder on 2/12/2017 2:36:00 PM (view original):
I have wondered about that before any of this. I am actually more surprised by how surprised some coaches are by this, than by the cheating itself, or the punishment (or lack of it). I mean there are coaches with 10-20 years of losing records. Why else would they resubscribe unless they are there to help an established coach? I never connected the dots about how it would be done exactly, but all of this discussion certainly clarifies things.

Every game has cheaters. Most have some sort of system to catch them though. Whether using bots or multiaccounting, if there is no penalty, or even effort to screen it out, it will exist. I wonder if more people will do it now. I mean these threads are is a manual on how to improve the talent on your team! Most of us are faceless strangers. Nobody is watching. Think of things people get up to when nobody is watching. I might make an AKitepart2 when the world flips.
The coach I am talking about has played for 64 seasons and has a 157-663 record. Does that make any sense? I am not the best coach, but I have a winning record.
2/12/2017 3:46 PM
personally today i had WIS CS remove me from my 3 HBD teams & replace me. I understand that same process is apparently not available for GD, so those 4 teams i have (between esf0242 & jmcgarry) will just have to play out. i am done on this site.
2/12/2017 3:59 PM
Posted by chetty1963 on 2/12/2017 11:44:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jibe717 on 2/12/2017 10:26:00 AM (view original):

Agreed. If WIS won't handle this, then the coaches of Leahy and Wilkinson must police this ourselves.
Wouldn't that constitute colluding? A group of teams in a joint effort to hurt another coach? I mean collusion isn't just about recruiting, right?
2/12/2017 4:05 PM
Eric,

Thank you for the reply. There is no concrete evidence that tigerpark135 and akite30 were working together to recruit. They know each other outside of the game, but based on the information available to us, we do not believe that they are the same person, nor do we see any evidence, at this point, of recruiting violations.

Their accounts have been noted and we will be monitoring them in the future.

Thank you.

WIS CS
2/12/2017 4:21 PM
Posted by esf0242 on 2/12/2017 4:00:00 PM (view original):
personally today i had WIS CS remove me from my 3 HBD teams & replace me. I understand that same process is apparently not available for GD, so those 4 teams i have (between esf0242 & jmcgarry) will just have to play out. i am done on this site.
That sucks.
2/12/2017 4:21 PM
I got this reply on my ticket earlier today, so maybe the investigation continues.

We are aware of this and are working with bkdries.

Thank you.
2/12/2017 11:17 PM
mine was 2/12/2017 4:12 PM & thats when i officially pulled out of all my HBD teams
2/12/2017 11:26 PM
This sounds like the ebel331 fiasco of 6 years ago, he was finally banned for 5 years.
2/13/2017 5:44 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Open dialogue with Tigerpark Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.