Open dialogue with Tigerpark Topic

Posted by SNIX on 2/13/2017 5:44:00 AM (view original):
This sounds like the ebel331 fiasco of 6 years ago, he was finally banned for 5 years.
it was actually a lifetime ban for posting those pics of your mom here instead of the pit
2/13/2017 9:15 AM
Reminder that I offered to make another donation to Bob's charity if SNIX would come out the closet.

It's not like he couldn't still troll from his 'real' anonymous WIS id. That's cowardly even by internet forum standards.
2/13/2017 9:51 AM
i got a couple sitemails asking if i really got banned. i'll just post here it's easier...

i got banned from the forums, not the game.

UCF in Camp was on its way to a 5th straight title when WIS changed the game engine overnight without warning. they apparently weren't happy with me breaking the game and taking over a world with a lowly CUSA team. i put a lot of effort into that team and i was not happy with he situation. i went a little ballistic in the forums and eventually they had enough of my rants and turned me off.

2/13/2017 11:05 AM
Who knew ebel had a switch! :)
2/13/2017 11:08 AM
Many of you have played in conferences with me over the years and many recruiting battles have taken place over that time. I can think of only a handful of times that something has happened on the recruiting trail that was not consistent with my analysis of my chances to sign the recruit. I usually make a note of the coach and season and move on. I have had people target my recruits before and I have targeted other coaches recruits as well, payback if you will, gamesmanship to keep that coach from coming back again. But this sort of thing with the two ids is different. Son or not, relative, workmate, college roommate or whatever, it is collusion. I know that many people are frustrated and feel the integrity of the game is compromised by apparently no action by the WIS people. I would tell everyone to take a breath and let this all play out. Please don't cancel your accounts and denounce WIS just yet. I really don't think they understand how this type of behavior undermines the fairness of the game. I hope that they will listen to their customers and do the right thing. They need time to do a complete investigation into the accusations and hopefully they will do just that. What they have done so far I think we all can agree is not acceptable. However, if we as a gaming community take matters into our own hands and do some ole fashioned vigilante justice, the game will become unplayable because at that point who decides when the line has been crossed. As players, that is certainly not our responsibility, it falls on the WIS customer service staff to do that. So I ask for a state of calm, let the dust settle, and then reevaluate the situation. I would also ask that everyone keep in mind that this is just a fun little hobby internet college football simulation and that people attacking other people with strong language and vulgar talk really accomplishes nothing. I hope that the coaches involved in this situation will do the right thing and anyone else using second id's and aliases will do so responsibly with total disclosure to the community. I myself have one id 2000champou and I have one team in 9 worlds. I div2, 2 div1AA, and 6 div1A teams.
2/13/2017 12:03 PM
If a newbie may ask a dumb question, if the "son" isn't interested in the game any more, why not just let that account expire, (tiger park), or why not close it (WIS)?

I like this game and have a team geographically near tiger park, but if cheating isn't patrolled I have better things to do with my money and time.

Edit: ... or move it to another world?
2/13/2017 1:33 PM (edited)
Posted by l80r20 on 2/13/2017 1:22:00 PM (view original):
If a newbie may ask a dumb question, if the "son" isn't interested in the game any more, why not just let that account expire, (tiger park), or why not close it (WIS)?

I like this game and have a team geographically near tiger park, but if cheating isn't patrolled I have better things to do with my money and time.
He isn't in every world so if you are worried about him you can go to a world he isn't in. Cheating isnt rampant especially at the level he is doing it at. Guys may talk about recruits here and there but this was for sure an extreme one off.
2/13/2017 1:33 PM
Posted by 2000champou on 2/13/2017 12:03:00 PM (view original):
Many of you have played in conferences with me over the years and many recruiting battles have taken place over that time. I can think of only a handful of times that something has happened on the recruiting trail that was not consistent with my analysis of my chances to sign the recruit. I usually make a note of the coach and season and move on. I have had people target my recruits before and I have targeted other coaches recruits as well, payback if you will, gamesmanship to keep that coach from coming back again. But this sort of thing with the two ids is different. Son or not, relative, workmate, college roommate or whatever, it is collusion. I know that many people are frustrated and feel the integrity of the game is compromised by apparently no action by the WIS people. I would tell everyone to take a breath and let this all play out. Please don't cancel your accounts and denounce WIS just yet. I really don't think they understand how this type of behavior undermines the fairness of the game. I hope that they will listen to their customers and do the right thing. They need time to do a complete investigation into the accusations and hopefully they will do just that. What they have done so far I think we all can agree is not acceptable. However, if we as a gaming community take matters into our own hands and do some ole fashioned vigilante justice, the game will become unplayable because at that point who decides when the line has been crossed. As players, that is certainly not our responsibility, it falls on the WIS customer service staff to do that. So I ask for a state of calm, let the dust settle, and then reevaluate the situation. I would also ask that everyone keep in mind that this is just a fun little hobby internet college football simulation and that people attacking other people with strong language and vulgar talk really accomplishes nothing. I hope that the coaches involved in this situation will do the right thing and anyone else using second id's and aliases will do so responsibly with total disclosure to the community. I myself have one id 2000champou and I have one team in 9 worlds. I div2, 2 div1AA, and 6 div1A teams.
Great post champ!
2/13/2017 1:42 PM
Very well said. Furthermore, if someone were to quit at this point, I would surmise that said person was just looking for an excuse to get out.
2/13/2017 2:18 PM
no one is looking for an excuse, this is egregious on managements part to let it go AGAIN..Since October 2005 i have been here with multiple teams in multiple sports. already paid for renewals i wont get back & credits, free seasons etc in the bank. i was commish in a HBD team i held for 20 seasons since its inception & the draft is next week & i have 3 1st rd picks...you think i wanted an excuse to bolt that?
2/13/2017 4:08 PM (edited)
Posted by strieffman on 2/13/2017 2:18:00 PM (view original):
Very well said. Furthermore, if someone were to quit at this point, I would surmise that said person was just looking for an excuse to get out.
I'm not looking for an excuse. I'm done because I'm tired of the way wis treats their "customers". If you add in the fact that someone was caught cheating and he still tries to deny it, while someone was completely transparent and recieved and he same "penalty" it all adds up to I'm done. I have no desire to pay for below average service.
2/13/2017 3:04 PM
I think this site has been on autopilot for a while and the last engine update was more fluff than substance. That being said, I also think the game is fun and engaging and I have interacted with some real quality people over the years that I would otherwise not have met. I do think that WIS cannot be done with this issue. If what they have done so far stands and that is all that comes of this, then I do think the games integrity is ruined. I would suggest that WIS pull the necessary information (like what bhazlewood is doing in another post) and root out the accounts that have suspicious user behavior and the community needs to speak out when they feel something doesn't add up. Also, people using multiple user names need to come forward and identify themselves and the fair play guidelines need to be enforced. I think the wareagle multiple id thing was mishandled and this tigerpark/bk dust up is off to a bad start, but again I would just ask that everyone cool down and take some time before they close up shop for good.
2/13/2017 5:43 PM
full disclosure; i came into Leahy ND in season 98, my first elite with 7 active worlds between esf0242 & jmcgarry, i was approached by tigerpark in site mails about "friendly" recruiting practice among elites. he explained we should agree beforehand upon which 5 & 4 stars in our common 180 we would "claim" in order to save money vs. OSU, PSU & Tenn who were also close...no need to butt heads w/ each other with these other guys right there too right? plus he had an agreement w/ them already so i didnt want to be the guy to upset the order of things. he had been at UM for 3 seasons already & i fell for it. after 2 seasons of site mailing back n forth a list of guys we would divvy up I asked the coaches in our ...conference if indeed this was the case. the two owners i approached both were aghast at my suggestion. I knew i was a sucker at that point. i backed out of the agreement. i started winning big(ger) at that point & heres where BK's timeline of akites moving up begins to progress. i was wrong, i admit it. and i have kept this 2-3 season agreement silent for not wanting to incriminate myself, well that is no longer paramount here. I know in my heart the other account does not involve anyone but TP himself. I am leaving WIS & keeping thta initial relationship private no longer matters. i apologize to all. its for real the only world/time anything like that has occurred in my 377 seasons of GD. my belief is TP thought id never bring it up & is always taunting me in responses for that reason, b/c he knows i had a moment of guilt as well. well...there it is. what does this mean here that there is established collusion, i being the person involved. i am sorry i am leaving and my rep will take a hit, but i wanted to come clean.
2/13/2017 10:10 PM (edited)
if WIS has the ability to go back in time on sitemails between us they can verify what i say is true & if i am not mistaken one of those owners i approached about the supposed agreement is still here in the big 10. i wonder if they recall my sitemail, he even followed me on twitter since we were such "friends" which i am sure is why the "not my president" quip earlier on was put out there
2/13/2017 10:00 PM
Posted by ebel331 on 2/13/2017 11:05:00 AM (view original):
i got a couple sitemails asking if i really got banned. i'll just post here it's easier...

i got banned from the forums, not the game.

UCF in Camp was on its way to a 5th straight title when WIS changed the game engine overnight without warning. they apparently weren't happy with me breaking the game and taking over a world with a lowly CUSA team. i put a lot of effort into that team and i was not happy with he situation. i went a little ballistic in the forums and eventually they had enough of my rants and turned me off.

How about you leaving an elite in Tennessee Camp for Central Florida when you were running Playboy33 account at Florida. to get away from the charges you go after a popular coach with lies to deflect your cheating. At least tigerpark has balls, ohm how did your last stint at central Florida work out since you couldn't control two teams? BTW, at least my mother has two legs and not four a-hole.
2/14/2017 11:12 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Open dialogue with Tigerpark Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.