Open dialogue with Tigerpark (cont) Topic

In the criminal justice system, recruiting based offenses are considered especially heinous. In Gridiron Dynasty, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as Bkdries & Company. These are there stories.

BUM BUM

2/13/2017 11:37 PM
Posted by AdamBG on 2/13/2017 11:37:00 PM (view original):
In the criminal justice system, recruiting based offenses are considered especially heinous. In Gridiron Dynasty, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as Bkdries & Company. These are there stories.

BUM BUM

Lol that my friend is true art!
2/13/2017 11:41 PM

"tigerpark should be banned for life and they should never take his money on a credit card from another user name. ."

He could use a different card and start two new accounts and do it all over again. But smarter, less obvious this time.

I started playing in more than one world recently and being below D-IAA for the first time in a long time I am noticing new ways that people might be targeting recruits with multiple accounts.

One thing that I just thought of : if you wanted to win a championship at D-IAA you could keep a dummy account at D-IA and go after rival D-IAA recruits.

Someone asked in our conference chats "how often do teams drop down and take your recruits?".

Got me to thinking...
2/14/2017 1:04 AM
This whole conversation has gotten a little out of hand.

Now on top of what seemed like an obvious problem we have started generating additional ideas on how to cheat.

I would hope most of us have a little bit of integrity when we play this game and we play it because we enjoy recruiting or setting gameplans or whatever little thing you enjoy.

Most of us should not be here to pay 2x the price in order to gain a small advantage that will maybe result in a championship.. even after that what did you really accomplish?

We also dont need to go on a witch hunt and start attributing losing seasons to cheating. I paid for plenty of seasons when I first started, I didn't learn what I needed to to win, I didn't really care I was just here to enjoy a football sim with some people. Doesn't mean this was a dummy account I just didn't put any effort into it.

There are cases like reigny. As strange as it is I am sure he is not cheating. Like it was previously suggested he is probably a dev or something who just has an account to monitor the game.

Really from this point on we should just accept it for what it is. WIS customer support doesn't think he is cheating as much as it appears that it is. We don't need to continue to talk about it or suggest that others do it or suggest that we find more ways to cheat.

You are not going to win cheating, not really, and when you get a championship, if you ever do, you will not receive that pat on the back from your peers. That's really the only thing you can earn here. Respect from the guys you play with. Tigerpark lost that and in a way he has lost all of his championships because from now on nobody will congratulate him and no one will acknowledge it.
2/14/2017 2:35 AM
Posted by chetty1963 on 2/13/2017 10:41:00 PM (view original):
How can anyone feel good about anything they accomplish with their teams, knowing they cheated to get there?

And I doubt any coach at Michigan across any world gives a rat about what Central Michigan is up to, lol.
Holy sh!tballs this. Talk about letting his cheating take over his thought process. What a loser.
2/14/2017 6:32 AM
Posted by genuvar on 2/14/2017 2:35:00 AM (view original):

Now on top of what seemed like an obvious problem we have started generating additional ideas on how to cheat.

I would hope most of us have a little bit of integrity when we play this game and we play it because we enjoy recruiting or setting gameplans or whatever little thing you enjoy.

Most of us should not be here to pay 2x the price in order to gain a small advantage that will maybe result in a championship.. even after that what did you really accomplish?

We also dont need to go on a witch hunt and start attributing losing seasons to cheating. I paid for plenty of seasons when I first started, I didn't learn what I needed to to win, I didn't really care I was just here to enjoy a football sim with some people. Doesn't mean this was a dummy account I just didn't put any effort into it.

There are cases like reigny. As strange as it is I am sure he is not cheating. Like it was previously suggested he is probably a dev or something who just has an account to monitor the game.

Really from this point on we should just accept it for what it is. WIS customer support doesn't think he is cheating as much as it appears that it is. We don't need to continue to talk about it or suggest that others do it or suggest that we find more ways to cheat.

You are not going to win cheating, not really, and when you get a championship, if you ever do, you will not receive that pat on the back from your peers. That's really the only thing you can earn here. Respect from the guys you play with. Tigerpark lost that and in a way he has lost all of his championships because from now on nobody will congratulate him and no one will acknowledge it.
Please reread this. Everyone.
2/14/2017 9:12 AM
Posted by genuvar on 2/14/2017 2:35:00 AM (view original):

Amen!
2/14/2017 10:25 AM
I couldn't agree more with Genuvar, that Tigerpark has lost more than any advantage or NC he gained.

But, I do think it's completely fair to question the decisions that GD makes. Certainly, if we were on the other end of Tigerpark's targeting, we would want justice, and we would want it now. The reality that I'm coming to is that GD is not a governing body, as much as we would like them to be, and unfortunately, we must ultimately accept whatever they decide. What's unfortunate is that we probably give them too much credit for the resources they have to investigate this - and I'm not really referring to technical resources. While those might exist, GD support is probably running on fumes and likely just doesn't have the time and bodies to commit to doing a thorough investigation.
2/14/2017 11:21 AM
Posted by chetty1963 on 2/14/2017 11:21:00 AM (view original):
I couldn't agree more with Genuvar, that Tigerpark has lost more than any advantage or NC he gained.

But, I do think it's completely fair to question the decisions that GD makes. Certainly, if we were on the other end of Tigerpark's targeting, we would want justice, and we would want it now. The reality that I'm coming to is that GD is not a governing body, as much as we would like them to be, and unfortunately, we must ultimately accept whatever they decide. What's unfortunate is that we probably give them too much credit for the resources they have to investigate this - and I'm not really referring to technical resources. While those might exist, GD support is probably running on fumes and likely just doesn't have the time and bodies to commit to doing a thorough investigation.
I'm guessing justice is coming.
2/14/2017 11:43 AM
"WIS customer support doesn't think he is cheating as much as it appears that it is."

Basically, you just accused all of WIS CS of being so stupid they cannot tie their own shoelaces. I doubt that. Be real. They have first party testimony, they have corroborating first party testimony, and they have corroboration in their own records. That is not only more than enough to close the offending accounts, it is more than enough to protect themselves subsequently from a vindictive cheater, which I suspect is the only thing they care about.
2/14/2017 1:38 PM
Let me just add a little reminder to all.

It is NEVER, NEVER, NEVER ok to discuss recruiting during recruiting periods. It is NEVER, NEVER, NEVER ok to create any agreements or plans to divide recruits. Its just not OK.

It is simple. If you keep it that simple...you will never be in a spot that you might regret later.
2/14/2017 4:30 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 2/14/2017 4:30:00 PM (view original):
Let me just add a little reminder to all.

It is NEVER, NEVER, NEVER ok to discuss recruiting during recruiting periods. It is NEVER, NEVER, NEVER ok to create any agreements or plans to divide recruits. Its just not OK.

It is simple. If you keep it that simple...you will never be in a spot that you might regret later.
Holy sh!tballs, this too. Always surprised when I read about users doing this so casually.
2/14/2017 4:35 PM
2/14/2017 7:59 AM Customer Support
Hi Eric,

Thanks for sending in the ticket, we will respond to this after we are done reviewing the whole situation.

Unfortunately, we cannot review old Site Mails, but we can say that these agreements seem to be accepted in some worlds/conferences in a few DI worlds. Each world is different. This is not something that we see as a severe violation, though, by definition, it could be considered a violation, but as long as there is no direct attempt to sabotage or collude against a specific owner, we don't typically see any issues with this practice.

Again, we'll reply again after we review some additional information. Thank you.
2/14/2017 5:10 PM
Posted by esf0242 on 2/14/2017 5:10:00 PM (view original):
Hi Eric,

Thanks for sending in the ticket, we will respond to this after we are done reviewing the whole situation.

Unfortunately, we cannot review old Site Mails, but we can say that these agreements seem to be accepted in some worlds/conferences in a few DI worlds. Each world is different. This is not something that we see as a severe violation, though, by definition, it could be considered a violation, but as long as there is no direct attempt to sabotage or collude against a specific owner, we don't typically see any issues with this practice.

Again, we'll reply again after we review some additional information. Thank you.
I am fine with agreements. If that's how WIS chooses to rule, that's fine. That part seemed up for debate to begin with.

However, of the accusations leveled against tigerpark, that's the least concerning matter.

Stay focused on the akite account and how that account was used in conjunction with the tigerpark account, AND that it was used to directly impact bkdries' recruiting. If all of it is true (only adding the qualifier because I'm not in Leahy and therefor do not have the resources to verify), then tigerpark/akite are guilty of targeting and cheating; regardless of the claimed father/son relationship.
2/14/2017 5:19 PM
Posted by esf0242 on 2/14/2017 5:10:00 PM (view original):
Hi Eric,

We've been told for YEARS that "list sharing" or agreements to "divide up" recruits was SPECIFICALLY a violation of collusion rules. Now, it's not that big a deal? No issues with the practice?

THIS makes me angry enough to walk away.
2/14/2017 5:28 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Open dialogue with Tigerpark (cont) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.