Open dialogue with Tigerpark (cont) Topic

The part that worries me is that they seem to know thats its happening and they allude to it happening in more then 1 conference/world
2/14/2017 5:42 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 2/14/2017 5:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by esf0242 on 2/14/2017 5:10:00 PM (view original):
2/14/2017 7:59 AM Customer Support
Hi Eric,

Thanks for sending in the ticket, we will respond to this after we are done reviewing the whole situation.

Unfortunately, we cannot review old Site Mails, but we can say that these agreements seem to be accepted in some worlds/conferences in a few DI worlds. Each world is different. This is not something that we see as a severe violation, though, by definition, it could be considered a violation, but as long as there is no direct attempt to sabotage or collude against a specific owner, we don't typically see any issues with this practice.

Again, we'll reply again after we review some additional information. Thank you.
We've been told for YEARS that "list sharing" or agreements to "divide up" recruits was SPECIFICALLY a violation of collusion rules. Now, it's not that big a deal? No issues with the practice?

THIS makes me angry enough to walk away.
Me too. Very disappointed by this CS rep's response. This is promoting violating their own rules.
2/14/2017 5:42 PM
"but as long as there is no direct attempt to sabotage or collude against a specific owner, we don't typically see any issues with this practice"

In other words, don't anyone dare use tigerpark's tactics against him in retaliation or we will bring the hammer down on them. What a bunch of bull ****.

I'm not going to abandon teams that I have paid for. I will use up my credits but unless this crapola is addressed rightly that discover card is staying in my wallet.
2/14/2017 5:47 PM
From what I read, it is more likely than not that Tigerpark/adite were/was colluding against a specific owner. I was briefly thinking about returning. If WIS allows collusion, I would be dumber than Kyle Shanahan's Super Bowl play calling. I also remember seeing a msg quoting a WIS response in which they said adite was paying $ instead of using reward points.

I read that as saying "who needs integrity when we have $9.95 per season"?
2/14/2017 6:15 PM
WIS is really missing their opportunity to squish this. I'm not sure if there is some chain they have to go through since in this day and age its not like we communicate directly with the game owner.. but I feel like the low level customer support that we normally deal with just doesnt have the answer. Many of their replies are very poorly thought out and they also are doing some backtracking.

What I think was the original intent was to just "sweep this under the rug" and continue on.. but its turned into something much bigger and again they just dont have the answer.
2/14/2017 6:21 PM
Posted by esf0242 on 2/14/2017 5:10:00 PM (view original):
Hi Eric,

Thanks for sending in the ticket, we will respond to this after we are done reviewing the whole situation.

Unfortunately, we cannot review old Site Mails, but we can say that these agreements seem to be accepted in some worlds/conferences in a few DI worlds. Each world is different. This is not something that we see as a severe violation, though, by definition, it could be considered a violation, but as long as there is no direct attempt to sabotage or collude against a specific owner, we don't typically see any issues with this practice.

Again, we'll reply again after we review some additional information. Thank you.
What complete and utter bullshit. We've been told, in no uncertain terms and for quite some time now (many years of real time), that dividing up recruits is against the Fair Play Guidelines. If you've sent in a ticket, I encourage you to seek escalation beyond the first line that seems to be answering these tickets. It's simply not acceptable.
2/14/2017 6:21 PM
I just submitted the following ticket:

Recently you responded to a ticket from esf0242 as follows:

=========================================
Hi Eric,

========================================

"list sharing" or "dividing up" players has always been SPECIFICALLY CITED as a violation of the Fair Play Guidelines. Since, however, the above post provides tacit approval from WIS concerning this tacktic, please let me know which other rules you don't consider serious enough to enforce.
2/14/2017 7:12 PM
That will likely be one of those tickets they just decide not to answer.
2/14/2017 7:21 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 2/14/2017 4:30:00 PM (view original):
Let me just add a little reminder to all.

It is NEVER, NEVER, NEVER ok to discuss recruiting during recruiting periods. It is NEVER, NEVER, NEVER ok to create any agreements or plans to divide recruits. Its just not OK.

It is simple. If you keep it that simple...you will never be in a spot that you might regret later.
Apparently it is ok
2/14/2017 8:07 PM
I'm sure WIS isn't a fan of owners talking about different recruits. The problem is they know they can't enforce it. They don't have the resources

An unenforceable rule isn't a rule.
2/14/2017 8:10 PM
If elites sitting around dividing up recruits is going to be the norm then I'm out.
2/15/2017 12:08 AM
Posted by 2000champou on 2/15/2017 12:08:00 AM (view original):
If elites sitting around dividing up recruits is going to be the norm then I'm out.
I've been playing since about 15 years ago. I've been approached to collude on recruits a total of one time. despite the current press situation, it's far from the norm
2/15/2017 12:18 AM
Posted by ebel331 on 2/15/2017 12:18:00 AM (view original):
I've been playing since about 15 years ago. I've been approached to collude on recruits a total of one time. despite the current press situation, it's far from the norm
Same here. The last time someone in DIA even inquired about it was in the early days of Dobie (did not participate). The last time at any level was about a year ago in DII. Don't even remember the coach, because I didn't respond.
2/15/2017 12:38 AM
Posted by gt_deuce on 2/15/2017 12:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ebel331 on 2/15/2017 12:18:00 AM (view original):
Same here. The last time someone in DIA even inquired about it was in the early days of Dobie (did not participate). The last time at any level was about a year ago in DII. Don't even remember the coach, because I didn't respond.
This for me as well. I have been approached once when I was at Alabama. Said no thanks. That is the only time I have ever been approached. Far from the norm and not sure why tigerpark seems to think it is necessary to win.
2/15/2017 4:08 AM
2/17/2017 8:46 AM Customer Support
Hi Eric,

After complete review of all of the accounts and their recruiting history, we cannot find enough evidence to penalize them by removing them from the game. Their accounts have been noted to watch for collusive efforts and they have been warned that if they attempt to collude, they will be removed. They have also been advised that they may want to move further apart so that any possible attempt at colluding would be futile.

We understand that this is not the outcome that many other owners are hoping for, but we need more hard, solid evidence on our side to take such an aggressive action as to remove an owner from a game that they paid to play like everyone else.

Thank you.
2/17/2017 10:02 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Open dialogue with Tigerpark (cont) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.