DII vs DIAA players Topic

When recruiting which do you take? Both players having average growth. Your AC reports state one will be a fantastic DII player. The second player will play for a DI-AA school.
2/12/2017 9:32 AM
I honestly don't pay much attention to "where" the AC thinks he will end up. If they have the same potential just go with the player that you like the numbers of better.
2/12/2017 9:50 AM
Take neither. Find a lesser player with a high growth potential and a good WE that will end up a player starting with better numbers but with Ave potential.
2/12/2017 10:46 AM
Posted by mojolad on 2/12/2017 10:46:00 AM (view original):
Take neither. Find a lesser player with a high growth potential and a good WE that will end up a player starting with better numbers but with Ave potential.
Is WE the only thing to look for when trying to find potential? It seems I have had players with high WE have only average potential.
2/12/2017 10:58 AM
WE helps a player reach his potential quicker or more efficiently. A player with higher WE will develop quicker than a player with equal potential but lower WE.
2/12/2017 11:05 AM
Think of Potential as How many ounces the glass can be filled. The bigger the glass(higher potential) the better the player can become.
WE can be thought of as How Fast it can be filled.
As far as potential , you find that when you send assistant coach scout trip to player. The message will tell you the potential. You have to be able to interpret the messages though.
Can someone put a link here to the post with the assistant coach scout trip Messages ?
2/12/2017 5:10 PM
Posted by mojolad on 2/12/2017 5:10:00 PM (view original):
Think of Potential as How many ounces the glass can be filled. The bigger the glass(higher potential) the better the player can become.
WE can be thought of as How Fast it can be filled.
As far as potential , you find that when you send assistant coach scout trip to player. The message will tell you the potential. You have to be able to interpret the messages though.
Can someone put a link here to the post with the assistant coach scout trip Messages ?
Thank you mojolad. I already have that link. I was just wondering if there was something to look before sending out an AC visit. What I am taking from this thread is that to find an STL player or a lot of room to grow player is a crap shoot. Nothing in the ratings will give you an indication.
2/12/2017 5:56 PM
Yes. It's a crap shoot. But there are lots of lot of room to grow players. STL are Very Rare.
2/12/2017 9:35 PM
Only way to find potential is to send a scout visit. And a crap shoot it is.
2/13/2017 12:34 AM
DII vs DIAA players Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.