Walk on maximum Topic

What happened to the 3 walkon maximum? Last season, teams were assigned players if they had more than 3 walkons.
2/12/2017 1:34 PM
AUTO SIGNING:
Human coached teams will now auto-sign players after recruiting ends to get to 3 openings or less. So, if a team has 5 openings, they would auto-sign 2 players. The auto-sign logic at the end of recruiting will only sign guys to teams at their projected level. That means teams won't get lucky with a leftover from a higher division, and also won't get stuck with a guy from a lower division.
2/12/2017 1:36 PM
That is what they say...but it's not true. I just had 5 openings this past season left on my UK team and the system gave me 1 guy plus 4 walk-ons. I've seen situations like that on other teams as well with more than 3 walk-ons.
2/12/2017 2:11 PM
It seems to be completely random, I've seen some teams assigned several auto signs, and some none, it's almost like the admins don't understand how their own game works
2/12/2017 3:40 PM
In the face of rapidly declining coach population, giving every indication that the game might be on auto pilot is not good. There are glitches in the player improvement tables where the numbers don't match or add up. I sent a ticket in early the season before last and nothing has changed.
2/12/2017 4:42 PM
The sky is undoubtedly falling. End of days.
2/12/2017 4:58 PM
The sky isn't falling. I just pointed out some glitches that need fixing. Need to add the fact that apparently, the recruiting dollars for walk ons is not reflected in the new recruiting budgets.
2/12/2017 5:12 PM
What was WIS's answer to your ticket?
2/12/2017 5:22 PM
Posted by rsvphr on 2/12/2017 5:12:00 PM (view original):
The sky isn't falling. I just pointed out some glitches that need fixing. Need to add the fact that apparently, the recruiting dollars for walk ons is not reflected in the new recruiting budgets.
Really? What were the first two sentences?
2/12/2017 5:24 PM
Observations. When a vendor has turmoil among its customers, it is unwise to skimp on customer service. Losing players who don't like change is unfortunate but unavoidable. Losing players because you have been deficient in taking care of the mechanics of the game is shortsighted and derelict. I like the new game globally. With all software developments, I would expect tweaks down the road based on careful evaluation, if needed. If they are fumbling the basics, how do you expect them to maximize the program over time?
Don't be snide, be constructive. Dissuade me of the validity of my concerns. I want to be wrong.
2/12/2017 8:49 PM
Why do you think the game is on auto pilot? Is it because they don't jump when someone posts a "problem"?
2/12/2017 10:12 PM
No. Because the problems I cited indicate a lack of diligence. I would suggest that two full seasons with a glitch in the improvement data is a hair short of jumping. I would suggest that a major programming issue like the walk on issue should be jumped on. I would suggest the EE response they promised could close the chapter on that ongoing soap opera versus allowing the civil war over it to continue to rage.
My point is it behooves them to make the process smooth sailing. The debates over EE's, jobs, VH vs H, D3 recruiting D1, etc will have two sides for a long time. I think most will accept the ultimate outcomes and some will bolt, but the devil is in the details.

2/12/2017 11:03 PM
Addendum: I sent tickets in on the improvement numbers and walk on issues this evening and just received responses on both. That is all I expect.
Now if we can get the forums back to an information exchange venue versus a Twitterverse-like s**t storm, we might enlighten one another like we used to.

2/12/2017 11:11 PM
I've never had a problem getting a response to a ticket. Forum griping is another story.

With that said, every perceived problem doesn't necessarily need addressing. I understand that a concern to any individual seems like the worst problem on earth but it isn't always that way.
2/13/2017 6:41 AM
I think his point is that there are obvious bugs that exist and should be fixed. And the fact that they are seemingly being ignored is not a good sign.
2/13/2017 6:58 AM
12 Next ▸
Walk on maximum Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.