Posted by therewas47 on 2/13/2017 10:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/13/2017 10:22:00 PM (view original):
Just tell me the real reason you don't want to remove projected levels. It's not to protect n00bs. There's another reason. Just say it.
I've long advocated for noobs and said that changes should be made more noob friendly. For years I've said that their should be a interactive guide for new players that can be toggled off like any other setting to help new guys get a feel. I want solid changes for this game so that it can be even more competitive. That's what makes it fun. Now if you want to tout some bs conspiracy go for it. I love conspiracies. B.O.B. Spouting that the world is flat...brilliant. Stevie Wonder is blind? Bullshit. Finland is a place? Iffy at best. Mike's of the world know that they suck at the game and want what's worst for the game bc that will drive people away. They do this because that's the only way they can win...Definitely.

edit: going to bed. It should be noted that Mike just changed the subject to some crazy crap when he yet again couldn't make points.
3 things of note:

1. You never did state your true objective.
2. You have D1 teams only.
3. One is 3-24 and I suck?

BTW, I have one active team. There are 12 users in that world. 10 were essentially recruited to that conference by me. So, yeah, I want to drive people away so I can play alone and win. Dumbass.

If you don't want projected levels removed, that's fine. There may be a legit reason. It's not going to happen(I already stated why). But it's not because you want to protect poor ol' n00bs. If you don't want people to reach too high, you could suggest restricting recruiting to actual level. Is that what you really want? Just say so.
2/14/2017 5:46 AM
Truth is, and I would hate it, restricting recruiting to current level does have it's upside. Most notably is that it will force D3 users to learn to battle for recruits thus preparing them for what lies ahead if they move up. The downside of that is there are many experienced users in D3 and they'll undoubtedly win those battles. Don't see how losing will help with retention but maybe you can explain seeing as you lost 24 of 27 times.
2/14/2017 5:52 AM
Not interested. Move along.
2/14/2017 6:55 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/14/2017 5:46:00 AM (view original):
Just tell me the real reason you don't want to remove projected levels. It's not to protect n00bs. There's another reason. Just say it.
I've long advocated for noobs and said that changes should be made more noob friendly. For years I've said that their should be a interactive guide for new players that can be toggled off like any other setting to help new guys get a feel. I want solid changes for this game so that it can be even more competitive. That's what makes it fun. Now if you want to tout some bs conspiracy go for it. I love conspiracies. B.O.B. Spouting that the world is flat...brilliant. Stevie Wonder is blind? Bullshit. Finland is a place? Iffy at best. Mike's of the world know that they suck at the game and want what's worst for the game bc that will drive people away. They do this because that's the only way they can win...Definitely.

edit: going to bed. It should be noted that Mike just changed the subject to some crazy crap when he yet again couldn't make points.
3 things of note:

BTW, I have one active team. There are 12 users in that world. 10 were essentially recruited to that conference by me. So, yeah, I want to drive people away so I can play alone and win. Dumbass.

If you don't want projected levels removed, that's fine. There may be a legit reason. It's not going to happen(I already stated why). But it's not because you want to protect poor ol' n00bs. If you don't want people to reach too high, you could suggest restricting recruiting to actual level. Is that what you really want? Just say so.
1. You don't understand sarcasm obviously.
2. I have way more d2 seasons under my belt than anything else. I'd still be playing d2 too if the new version of recruiting wasn't incredibly boring at the lower levels (I hate the sit there and wait for the second signing period game).
3. Dude you cherry picked my first year coaching job at my alma mater to say I suck. Huh let's ignore the other midmajor I have that's killing it. That's the definition of trolling.
4. My true objective is to make the game better for everyone (even for people like yourself). Believe whatever dumb alternative facts you want to believe but that doesn't make it true. Hell even your d1 conspiracy doesn't check out. I had a d+ midmajor rebuild the season we transitioned to 3.0 and still advocated against much of the dumb crap that seble flung in here as he left the building that would help low prestige schools. I'm not the greatest at this game but I'm good and whatever changes are made I'll still be good (kinda like how you'll still be worthless no matter whatever you accomplish in life). Your conspiracy theory nonsense is just a way to hide that you don't have a clue what you're talking about....ever.
5. You've made a crap ton of posts and have yet to ever make a decent point on the forums. Just kill this account. You just dont understand anything and posting tons of nonsense doesn't make it coherent.

edit: i see you had your post deleted by the staff because you lost your mind yet again. A lot of times when people can't make good arguments they result to anger because they know they don't have the capacity to make arguments. Seems like you've yet again done that. I hope you get banned. It's incredibly annoying to see your nonsense everywhere and stops others from wanting to participate in the forums.
2/14/2017 7:13 AM (edited)
Reported post?? and I missed it?
2/14/2017 7:19 AM
It's quoted by me benis. It's not that bad. Just yet again shows that he's on the brink of sanity.
2/14/2017 7:20 AM
+1 Therewas.

I'm the one that said I didn't like removing the projected levels because it helps noobs. No ulterior motive, I just believe it to be true. I remember when I first started playing, I didn't know anything about pull downs so I just went for D3 players since I'm a D3 coach. It's logical. It's common sense. It will HELP people have a more enjoyable experience when they first start playing and will increase new user retention.
2/14/2017 7:22 AM
I don't think restricting options at D3 helped GD
2/14/2017 7:31 AM
I didn't say restrict options to D3. You can still do projected divisions but it's basically a guide. If I'm a D3 coach, logically I'm going to look at D1 projected guys as off the table. Later on when I learn how to play the game and figure things out, I realize that I can go for those guys. But to start, I go for D3 or maybe reach a little higher for D2 and win sign some players. It's a guide.

Although I still would prefer to limit D3 to D3/D2 only. Basically like we had with 2.0 which worked just fine. Most people were happy with that.
2/14/2017 7:40 AM (edited)
Posted by therewas47 on 2/14/2017 7:20:00 AM (view original):
It's quoted by me benis. It's not that bad. Just yet again shows that he's on the brink of sanity.
No, it was cjmully throwing insults. He never posts anything on topic and he never posts anything of importance. Just not in the mood.
2/14/2017 7:45 AM
Posted by therewas47 on 2/14/2017 7:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/14/2017 5:46:00 AM (view original):

3 things of note:

1. You don't understand sarcasm obviously.
2. I have way more d2 seasons under my belt than anything else. I'd still be playing d2 too if the new version of recruiting wasn't incredibly boring at the lower levels (I hate the sit there and wait for the second signing period game).
3. Dude you cherry picked my first year coaching job at my alma mater to say I suck. Huh let's ignore the other midmajor I have that's killing it. That's the definition of trolling.
4. My true objective is to make the game better for everyone (even for people like yourself). Believe whatever dumb alternative facts you want to believe but that doesn't make it true. Hell even your d1 conspiracy doesn't check out. I had a d+ midmajor rebuild the season we transitioned to 3.0 and still advocated against much of the dumb crap that seble flung in here as he left the building that would help low prestige schools. I'm not the greatest at this game but I'm good and whatever changes are made I'll still be good (kinda like how you'll still be worthless no matter whatever you accomplish in life). Your conspiracy theory nonsense is just a way to hide that you don't have a clue what you're talking about....ever.
5. You've made a crap ton of posts and have yet to ever make a decent point on the forums. Just kill this account. You just dont understand anything and posting tons of nonsense doesn't make it coherent.

edit: i see you had your post deleted by the staff because you lost your mind yet again. A lot of times when people can't make good arguments they result to anger because they know they don't have the capacity to make arguments. Seems like you've yet again done that. I hope you get banned. It's incredibly annoying to see your nonsense everywhere and stops others from wanting to participate in the forums.
1. Nah, just noting that you didn't state your real reason for objecting.
2. Not really relevant.
3. I played in 2006. And have 2 completed seasons since I came back. Maybe you cherrypicked my level of success. I was just pointing out that first seasons aren't really relevant to understanding/success.
4. Oh, more insults. Are we measuring life-success on HD success? Seems like a pretty low standard. But congrats!!!
5. I beg to differ.

Edit: WTF? None of my posts have been deleted. Are you drinking this early? Block feature. Use it.
2/14/2017 7:48 AM
Posted by Benis on 2/14/2017 7:22:00 AM (view original):
+1 Therewas.

I'm the one that said I didn't like removing the projected levels because it helps noobs. No ulterior motive, I just believe it to be true. I remember when I first started playing, I didn't know anything about pull downs so I just went for D3 players since I'm a D3 coach. It's logical. It's common sense. It will HELP people have a more enjoyable experience when they first start playing and will increase new user retention.
Don't +1 when you don't know what you're +1ing.

If experienced users didn't plant themselves in D3, you'd have a point. Experience beats n00bs every time. Restricting access to recruits will create more recruit battles between D3 users. Who is going to win those battles? TommyTwoseasons or the user with 88 seasons in D3?
2/14/2017 7:51 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/14/2017 7:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 2/14/2017 7:22:00 AM (view original):
+1 Therewas.

Don't +1 when you don't know what you're +1ing.

If experienced users didn't plant themselves in D3, you'd have a point. Experience beats n00bs every time. Restricting access to recruits will create more recruit battles between D3 users. Who is going to win those battles? TommyTwoseasons or the user with 88 seasons in D3?
See my most recent post where I said that I don't want to restrict to only D3.

And yeah I know what I'm +1ing. I agree with him, he's a smart guy.
2/14/2017 7:54 AM
And I didn't say you suggested restricting to only D3. Quote me if I did.

He's a long-winded guy. Using a lot of words doesn't make you smart. Addressing #4. My objective was to make the game better for everyone also. We could have discussed that but he chose insults and dick-measuring. Is that smart in your book?
2/14/2017 7:57 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/14/2017 7:57:00 AM (view original):
And I didn't say you suggested restricting to only D3. Quote me if I did.

He's a long-winded guy. Using a lot of words doesn't make you smart. Addressing #4. My objective was to make the game better for everyone also. We could have discussed that but he chose insults and dick-measuring. Is that smart in your book?
No. You made a point and he made a counterpoint. Then you said "that's relatively stupid".

What did you expect in response?
2/14/2017 8:01 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.