Knight vs Allen.
2/13/2017 11:10 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Ever heard of SimMatchup? You can play the 1982 Mets against the 1907 Cubs. I think this site has something like that. If I'm right and they do, I bet it's not impossible.
2/13/2017 11:28 AM
Posted by reinsel on 2/13/2017 11:10:00 AM (view original):
1) 1 EE per team limit solves EE problem for me (and I'm a big complainer about it)
2) not a big deal for me...seems like the whole recruit pool might get huge
3) meh
The whole recruit pool wouldn't change. One drawback would be scouting money. If you scout Texas, you're getting all of them. D1 users would hate to see a 387 guard.

Good thing it's just a wish that will never happen. Otherwise, they'd have to tweak scouting or just give out more scouting money.
2/13/2017 11:30 AM
Like someone stated before, a better idea would be the availability of exhibition games with other coaches in the world during down times, or even during the season. The games would mean nothing and neither team benefits, just to tinker with different lineups or having something extra to look at. This is already included in FC Dynasty, so it's definitely doable.
2/13/2017 11:36 AM
Not sure about the rest of you but I haven't lived with my parents for many years now. Helping them with chores really isn't an option for me.
2/13/2017 12:10 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 2/13/2017 12:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/13/2017 11:28:00 AM (view original):
Ever heard of SimMatchup? You can play the 1982 Mets against the 1907 Cubs. I think this site has something like that. If I'm right and they do, I bet it's not impossible.
There is no 1982 Mets World or 1907 Cubs World that I am aware of. Actual Worlds are separate. Correct me if I am wrong on that.
I can correct you in that a team on a sim site is a team on a sim site. If you don't think it would be possible to have them sim against one another, I'm not sure what else I can say. Do you think it would take magic to make it happen?
2/13/2017 12:42 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 2/13/2017 12:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/12/2017 3:23:00 PM (view original):
Once elected King of HD, here are the three things I'm gonna do:

1. Limit EE to one per team. Nothing more, nothing less to solve the EE whining, errr, problem.
2. Remove projected levels. The market will sort it out. I would have the top 50% as "late" signees.
3. Allow anyone with 2 or more teams to sim games against oneself. There is too much downtime and this would help. It would also allow users to experiment with their teams AND encourage users to have more than one team.

1. EE is not a problem with the game. There is a small vocal minority who want things easier for teams at the top of D1, and their whining is a problem. The best solution to the actual problem that I have seen is for WIS to come out and say, "It stays like it is," thereby removing the carrot that causes so much whining as you put it. By far the worst solution that I have seen is non-signing cycles at the start of period 2; that does little to help anyone but the top D1 teams while having by far the worst downside for a big proportion of D3 and almost all D2 teams. Capping EE's at one per team helps only the top D1 teams. Limiting EE's to those on the board wouldn't be a bad idea.

2. Either removing or fixing projected levels is a good idea. It needs something; currently there is a lot of mixed up stuff there. Having the top 100 tend greatly toward late signings isn't a bad idea, and I think they have already done that. Having fully 50% of all recruits wait until Late is a bad idea, extremely disruptive of recruiting for all levels with little or no upside.

3. Worlds are separate, period (I believe in all WIS games). Having more than one team in a world should be prohibited for reasons long discussed ad nauseum. A limited opportunity to sim a team against itself would help with some of the boredom a few guys are complaining about (so would walking the dog or helping mom with the dishes or washing the car for dad). It would also be an opportunity to develop some game plans.
1. If you say so. There are too many complaints for it to not be a real issue for some.

2. 50% early, 50% late. Not sure why that's crazy talk.

3. As mentioned, you can sim games in FC Dynasty. I created a 2nd team to do just that when I was goofing around with FC. Seems crazy that you think it would be just this side of impossible to match up two teams. They're just sim teams not complex astrophysic problems.
2/13/2017 12:46 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 2/13/2017 12:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 2/13/2017 12:10:00 PM (view original):
Not sure about the rest of you but I haven't lived with my parents for many years now. Helping them with chores really isn't an option for me.
Hey hey everyone. How 'bout a big cheer for the background noise guy. He evidently still hasn't gotten over getting the boot from his folks, so maybe a cheer here will make his day. Let's be kind to the little feller.
Damn man. Why'd you have to bring that up. That's just mean :(

spicy little potato
2/13/2017 12:48 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/13/2017 12:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 2/13/2017 12:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/13/2017 11:28:00 AM (view original):
There is no 1982 Mets World or 1907 Cubs World that I am aware of. Actual Worlds are separate. Correct me if I am wrong on that.
I can correct you in that a team on a sim site is a team on a sim site. If you don't think it would be possible to have them sim against one another, I'm not sure what else I can say. Do you think it would take magic to make it happen?
Since you didn't like SimMatchup, have you ever heard of Tournament of Champions?

I'll explain. Teams who won SLB WS play one another. Different leagues/worlds. Man, I bet implementing something similar in HD would be damn near impossible.
2/13/2017 1:04 PM
Do you imagine, with all the actual problems facing WIS programmers, all the problems with actual game play, etc., that it would be a judicious use of programmer time and resources to program meaningless exhibitions into HD because a few guys find a few days between seasons to be intolerable idleness? Riiiight.

BTW, when you have to make up arguments for someone else, something that they didn't say, and then knock what you made up to pretend you won an argument, it suggests either your position lacks merit or you need to defend it more honestly. As an example, "Seems crazy that you think it would be just this side of impossible to match up two teams." Bogus.

BTW also, note that I analyzed your three suggestions on their merits and partially agreed on the merits. That you found only things to argue about suggests disingenuous and incomplete consideration of what I wrote.

But carry on.
2/13/2017 3:45 PM (edited)
Improving the game seems like a solid use of time. Have you seen any posts about time between seasons? Using programming already in place seems pretty simple. No?
2/13/2017 3:41 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.