Posted by CoachSpud on 2/13/2017 3:45:00 PM (view original):
Do you imagine, with all the actual problems facing WIS programmers, all the problems with actual game play, etc., that it would be a judicious use of programmer time and resources to program meaningless exhibitions into HD because a few guys find a few days between seasons to be intolerable idleness? Riiiight.

BTW, when you have to make up arguments for someone else, something that they didn't say, and then knock what you made up to pretend you won an argument, it suggests either your position lacks merit or you need to defend it more honestly. As an example, "Seems crazy that you think it would be just this side of impossible to match up two teams." Bogus.

BTW also, note that I analyzed your three suggestions on their merits and partially agreed on the merits. That you found only things to argue about suggests disingenuous and incomplete consideration of what I wrote.

But carry on.
For all we know, the programming involved to allow "meaningless exhibitions" be added to the dead time between end of season and recruiting session 2 might be 2 hours. The specs are there, the code to schedule and play exhibitions at the beginning of the season is already in place, etc. It might be just a "drag and drop" of already existing code into another part of the schedule.

You're being a bit over dramatic by making it sound like a huge shift of time and resources away from everything else. Somebody at WIS may be able to do it over their lunch hour tomorrow and Wednesday as a diversion from whatever else they're working on.
2/13/2017 5:10 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I can't imagine anyone saying "Awww, ****. Now I can schedule exhibitions when nothing else is happening? Seems like a lot of work to me!!!"
2/13/2017 5:13 PM
Although not perfect, Mike's three things are a pretty darn good and rather doable improvement to the game. helps different stakeholders - if WIS did this, it would encourage a lot of customers, I think. nice thinking Mike.
2/13/2017 5:49 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/12/2017 3:23:00 PM (view original):
Once elected King of HD, here are the three things I'm gonna do:

1. Limit EE to one per team. Nothing more, nothing less to solve the EE whining, errr, problem.
2. Remove projected levels. The market will sort it out. I would have the top 50% as "late" signees.
3. Allow anyone with 2 or more teams to sim games against oneself. There is too much downtime and this would help. It would also allow users to experiment with their teams AND encourage users to have more than one team.

I suppose I'll go.

1. While not necessarily a bad idea, I think it's a band aid. I still prefer the idea of just having players declare the day before recruiting starts. Simple and effective.

2. I personally don't like this. We had something similar in the first 2 seasons of Beta and D3 teams were signing top 100 players in the first session and the teams were insane at D3. Granted, there were many other differences but that's basically what happened. Seble then created Spud's Red Light and it balanced it out quite a bit and most thought it was a good and necessary change. The 50% would help there for sure though. I think the hardest thing is any sort of guidance of how good of a player a player should you go for. Right now, you have some sort of guidance system that says "these players are better than these other players, in general" but also "these players are logically harder to get than these other players". I think that's helpful information to a newbie who may not read the forums. Yeah, they'll learn, if they stick around. I would MUCH rather have them just fix recruit generation so we don't have guys with 1 ath and 5 defense. That'd probably fix lots of issues right there.

3. Sure. I also always thought it'd be awesome if champions of one world could challenge the champs of another world. Getting the timing down would be hard but if there's downtime and worlds are synced up, that'd be a cool thing to see.
2/13/2017 6:03 PM
I generally look at the good teams to figure out where I need to be. I don't care if their players were projected D1-D3. I just want to find and sign guys like them.
2/13/2017 7:13 PM
Removing projected levels is a great way to make it more difficult for newbies. I already have seen some jumping on d1 players that they have no business going after.
2/13/2017 7:27 PM
And, if they're already jumping on ones labeled D1, why do you think it would make it more difficult? They're already doing it.
2/13/2017 7:32 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/13/2017 7:32:00 PM (view original):
And, if they're already jumping on ones labeled D1, why do you think it would make it more difficult? They're already doing it.
"People are already falling off cliffs. How could removing the sign hurt"
2/13/2017 7:42 PM (edited)
Posted by therewas47 on 2/13/2017 7:42:00 PM (view original):
That's relatively stupid.

Users are already trying to get players they shouldn't by your account. Why would removing labels make it worse?
2/13/2017 7:56 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/13/2017 7:56:00 PM (view original):

Users are already trying to get players they shouldn't by your account. Why would removing labels make it worse?
SOME users are already trying to do it. MORE users would do it without indicators.
2/13/2017 8:06 PM
Posted by Benis on 2/13/2017 8:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/13/2017 7:56:00 PM (view original):

SOME users are already trying to do it. MORE users would do it without indicators.
And what sort of data can you present to prove that would happen?
2/13/2017 8:58 PM
Any time a spud post disappears, it's a blessing. A gift from God. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
2/13/2017 9:07 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.