Team W-L / CC / NC Totals across all world Topic

Thanks to yatzr for the tool to grab all this data. Only Completed Seasons are counted.

Note : NC and CC numbers only include human-coached teams.

Best Winning Percentage Overall Humboldt State .841 (16956-3200)
Worst Winning Percentage Overall Indiana .256 (4258-12368)

Best Winning Percentage D-1A USC .815 (15055-3421)
Worst Winning Percentage D-1A Indiana .256 (4258-12368)
Most Conference Championships D-1A USC 526
Most National Championships D-1A Penn State 160

Best Winning Percentage D1-AA Flordia A&M .689 (12854-5799)
Worst Winning Percentage D1-AA VMI .402 (6764-10067)
Most Conference Championships D-1AA Northern Iowa* 379 Florida A&M 340
Most National Championships D-1AA Northern Iowa* 54 Princeton 54

*This number may be artificially inflated. Former developer Joe Conte ran the Northern Iowa team, and some code was discovered in the game that gave him an edge in recruiting.

Best Winning Percentage D-2 Humboldt State .841 (16956-3200)
Worst Winning Percentage D-2 North Dakota .401 (6683-9994)
Most Conference Championships D-2 Humboldt State 709
Most National Championships D-2 West Georgia 53

Best Winning Percentage D-3 Huntingdon .800 (15599-3903)
Worst Winning Percentage D-3 Mount Ida .406 (6713-9830)
Most Conference Championships D-3 Huntingdon 636
Most National Championships D-3 Huntingdon 49

Air Force and Mississippi State are the only two schools to have never won a Conference Championship.
Ohio has won the most Conference Championships without having won a National Championship (143)
(Army has 376 Conference Championships to go with its singe NC)
2/12/2017 3:39 PM
Following is the list of schools to have never won a human-coached National Championship, broken down by division.

Division 1-A
============
Air Force
Akron
Alabama Birmingham
Arkansas State
Ball State
Boise State
California State , Fresno
DePaul
East Carolina
Eastern Michigan
Georgia Tech
Hawaii
Idaho
Indiana
Iowa State
Kent State
Kentucky
Louisiana
Louisiana Tech
Marshall
Miami (Ohio)
Michigan State
Mississippi State
Montana
Nevada
New Mexico
New Mexico State
North Carolina State
Northwestern
Ohio
Oklahoma State
Oregon State
Purdue
Rice
San Jose State
Southern Mississippi
Texas Christian
Texas El Paso
Texas Tech
Toledo
Troy State
Tulane
Utah
Utah State
Wisconsin
Wyoming
Division 1-AA
=============
Marist College
Murray State
Tennessee State
Western Kentucky
Division 2
==========
Augustana
Central Arkansas
Chadron State
Henderson State
Johnson C. Smith
Minnesota State
North Dakota
New Mexico Highlands
Ouachita Baptist
Quincy
Saginaw Valley State
Southern Connecticut State
Southwestern Oklahoma State Weatherford
St. Cloud State
West Alabama
West Virginia State
Wingate
2/12/2017 3:40 PM
Division 3
==========
Bethel
Carthage
Coe
Colby
Concordia (Illinois)
Cornell
DePauw
Dubuque
Earlham
Elmhurst
Fitchburg State
Franklin
Hanover
Hartwick
Hobart and William Smith
Husson
Johns Hopkins
Juniata
Kean
Lawrence
Macalester
Maranatha Baptist
Massachusetts
Massachusetts Maritime Academy
McMurry
Mount Ida
Norwich
Ohio Northern
Pacific Lutheran
Principia
Puget Sound
Springfield
St. John Fisher
Wesley
Westminster(Pennsylvania)
Wittenberg
2/12/2017 3:40 PM
can you pull.... most conference titles for Big Ten or SEC by a non elite? ... or across worlds the coach with most bcs titles? or maybe rank elites by win% combined all worlds? stuff like that
2/12/2017 5:29 PM
Great stuff Bob. Thanks for putting it together (and thanks to yatzr too).
2/12/2017 5:31 PM
Posted by ebel331 on 2/12/2017 5:29:00 PM (view original):
can you pull.... most conference titles for Big Ten or SEC by a non elite? ... or across worlds the coach with most bcs titles? or maybe rank elites by win% combined all worlds? stuff like that
Well, the data is all there. Some of it is easier to mine that others. I'll see what I can do.
2/12/2017 7:33 PM
Great stuff, Bob. Now I feel more compelled than ever to coach for my Alma Mater (Iowa State), and try to lead them to a NC.
2/12/2017 7:39 PM
Interesting, a couple of the BCS schools who have never won an NC surprises me and to offset that a couple of the mid-majors that have won one.
2/12/2017 7:50 PM
It might....(might) motivate me to get up to D1A again and take my Air Force Academy to a conference championship.
2/12/2017 8:48 PM
I've said it before, I'll say it again...without Bob and yatzr, I would not be playing this game. Their data/tools make the game playable for me.
2/12/2017 8:49 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 2/12/2017 7:33:00 PM (view original):
Well, the data is all there. Some of it is easier to mine that others. I'll see what I can do.
Not a big deal... was just wondering more along the lines of who has had the best runs at non-elite BCS teams. And some conferences obviously easier than others

Big East is definitely easiest... no elites in conference and east division is best recruiting area in the game.
Pac10 only has USC and is separated by distance from everyone else
ACC has two of the worst elites in FSU and Miami and you can take a team like BC in prime recruiting away from them

Big12 would be a tough one, 3 elites and not prime recruiting. Cravedogg tried forever to get a title for Kansas
SEC also tough with 4 elites but they aren't the most powerful teams and still good recruiting are

I'd bet the Big10 is the toughest place to have success as a non-elite.
2/12/2017 8:49 PM
Posted by ebel331 on 2/12/2017 8:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bhazlewood on 2/12/2017 7:33:00 PM (view original):
Not a big deal... was just wondering more along the lines of who has had the best runs at non-elite BCS teams. And some conferences obviously easier than others

Big East is definitely easiest... no elites in conference and east division is best recruiting area in the game.
Pac10 only has USC and is separated by distance from everyone else
ACC has two of the worst elites in FSU and Miami and you can take a team like BC in prime recruiting away from them

Big12 would be a tough one, 3 elites and not prime recruiting. Cravedogg tried forever to get a title for Kansas
SEC also tough with 4 elites but they aren't the most powerful teams and still good recruiting are

I'd bet the Big10 is the toughest place to have success as a non-elite.
Unless you coach at Minnesota.
2/12/2017 9:02 PM
Yah I could see the recruiting distance helping Minnesota. Just glanced through a few worlds though and only see a couple good runs for Coach Hayden Fox
2/12/2017 10:02 PM
123 Next ▸
Team W-L / CC / NC Totals across all world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.