Zone positioning Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 2/13/2017 6:06:00 PM (view original):
Doesn't matter. I'm declaring this the most informative thread of the day. Change the titl, turtl.

Two good things happened:
1. A vet that would be answering questions learned something.
2. Because he learned something, he won't be giving misinformation in the future.
3. I laughed several times.
2/13/2017 6:14 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/13/2017 5:07:00 PM (view original):
Mikes from Connecticut or Long Island or one of those places that thinks it's New York but isn't. They don't do Philly cheesesteaks there.
I thought Mike was in Idaho? Why do I care and why would I remember that useless nugget?
2/13/2017 6:20 PM
You've been crushing on me since we first crossed paths?
2/13/2017 6:24 PM
Posted by Benis on 2/13/2017 6:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/13/2017 6:06:00 PM (view original):
Doesn't matter. I'm declaring this the most informative thread of the day. Change the titl, turtl.

Two good things happened:
1. A vet that would be answering questions learned something.
2. Because he learned something, he won't be giving misinformation in the future.
3. I laughed several times.
"To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special. "

Jim Valvano, March 3, 1993.
2/13/2017 6:42 PM
Yup, pretty sure Jimmy V was thinking about these forums when he made that speech.
2/13/2017 6:51 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/13/2017 6:24:00 PM (view original):
You've been crushing on me since we first crossed paths?
Maybe. But is that true? If so, the MikeT/CoachSpud connection has been blown wide open.
2/13/2017 7:22 PM
Maybe. There are maybe a half dozen here who know for sure.
2/13/2017 7:34 PM
Mike, I did not ask you to tell me that a 2-3 zone is 2-2-1, I don't understand how you go from my question about what people do to position in zone to I have no idea about anything in the zone. I had a specific question about 1 aspect of zone, you brought the conversation to something else, now stop spamming my thread please. Also, you didn't correct Wizard, in real life a 2-3 zone is a 2-1-2 with the 1 being the C, that is how they line up, watch basketball, when Syracuse runs a 2-3 zone the C is not behind the forwards in the base formation before shifting, he is usually up higher closer to the 3-point line. It doesn't matter how you prefer to think about it as long as the C is the 1 which I am pretty sure Wizard is clear on that.

Thank you Pkoopman and TJ for being helpful, I appreciate it. Based on the two responses there have been it appears to me that what I was doing with the 3-2 zone was more or less correct, my 2-3 was different than what Pkoopman does, I will take that into account.
2/13/2017 8:38 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Mikes from Connecticut or Long Island or one of those places that thinks it's New York but isn't. They don't do Philly cheesesteaks there.
Hey now--here in Connecticut we most definitely do not think we are New York--frankly its the second to last thing we would want to be (the last thing is Rhode Island). We don't do cheese steaks, we do grinders. Glorious, glorious grinders. Now I need to go to Nardeli's!
2/14/2017 8:12 AM
does Connecticut do shakes, malts or frappes?
2/14/2017 8:39 AM
Frappes.
2/14/2017 9:14 AM
Posted by snafu4u on 2/14/2017 8:12:00 AM (view original):
Hey now--here in Connecticut we most definitely do not think we are New York--frankly its the second to last thing we would want to be (the last thing is Rhode Island). We don't do cheese steaks, we do grinders. Glorious, glorious grinders. Now I need to go to Nardeli's!
This is what I know about Connecticut:

1. The beaches suck.
2. They burn the crap out of their pizza.
3. New Haven is a dump.
4. It takes entirely to long to drive through.
5. The McDonalds occasionally have lobster rolls.
6. Everyone I have ever met who went to Choate is odd.
2/14/2017 9:16 AM
Would you eat a lobster roll from McDonald's?
2/14/2017 9:21 AM
Didn't read through everything, but I envision a 2/3 as a -1 by default, with player spacing. I say this, because a 2/3 is usually designed to give up the wing three. Make them shoot. So, your guards are "packed in" normally starting at the free throw line. A "0" setting would move the guards up to the three point line. A + 1 moves the guards up outside the three point line and the three in the back up to the next FT hash above the blocks.

With the 3/2, I envision what would be a +1 setting by default, with player spacing. All three perimeter players lined up across the top of the three point line with the two backside players just above the hash above the blocks. A zero would place the top perimeter player under the three point line with the other two FT line extended outside the arc. A -1 would place all three inside the three point line.

It is sort of hard to say without drawing a diagram. Coaching in real life gives me a different aspect ratio as well, so I may be way off from what I envision from real life to hoops dynasty. Of course, one thing that is not mentioned is player rotation in the zone. Are guys effectively on help side with a higher defensive rating and IQ? I assume so, but this is partly why I do not play zone defense with any of my teams.
2/14/2017 1:21 PM
◂ Prev 123
Zone positioning Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.