Transport yourself back to the sixth grade. It's time for recess and everyone's favorite game, Dodgeball. We have a few rules tweaks this season. These are bolded.

Overview & Alignment: This will be a 20 team league. 5 owners will be randomly selected to be captains and will each be given $100 fictitious dollars that they can use in an auction of the 15 other owners. Each captain will have 3 other owners on their team, and will place one member in each division at the time they are drafted. Captains will place themselves first.

How to win: Each regular season win for each team member counts as one point. Every team that makes the playoffs adds five bonus points to their team's total. LCS winners get an additional 5 points, with the winner of the world series getting a final 5 points. The most points, as a team, wins the prize. More on the prize later.

Throwing the dodgeball: Once the season starts, we begin to throw the dodgeball. After the 3rd game of the season, the person with the worst record in the league (tie breaker is team with worst expected winning percentage) gets to throw the dodgeball. They will select someone, anyone, on another team and in another division, and they will tell that person that they must waive a specific player on his roster. The person who was hit, after waiving the player, may replace him with anyone he likes on the waiver wire and will then "throw the dodgeball" and hit someone else.

At the beginning of the season, the person who is hit has 24 hours from the time he is told to waive the player and throw the ball (note that these do not need to be done simultaneously). Also note that the player hit must be waived, but not necessarily replaced.

As the season progresses, the amount of time you have to throw the dodgeball will decrease. At the All Star Break and then every 10 games, the amount of time will decrease by 1 hour. Game 81 = 23 hours, 91 = 22 hours, 101 = 21 hours, 111 = 20 hours, 121 = 19 hours, 131 = 18 hours, 141 = 17 hours, 151 = 16 hours.

When it is your turn to throw the ball you need to do two things, first, sitemail your victim and myself so I can start the clock. You also need to post it in the league forum for all to celebrate. You need not wait the full allowed time to make the waiver move. It actually makes things much more fun for everyone if you don't wait.

Catching the dodgeball: When you have been hit for the the fourth time, you may declare you have “caught the dodgeball.” This declaration must be made within six hours of being hit. This will result in the person who threw the ball at you losing a player of your choice. That person will then have the allowed time to make the change. The person who caught the ball will then throw the ball at someone else within one hour of the catch.

Every four times you are hit, you gain another catch. You can accumulate multiple catches and use them at your discretion. If you end up losing a player because someone has caught a ball you have thrown and you consequently lose a player, that loss will count towards your hits.

Penalties: If the player who has been hit has not been released and/or the ball has not been thrown after the time is up, one point will be immediately deducted from the team's total. An additional point will be deducted every eight hours until the change is made and the ball is thrown. Note, games are not forfeit. Wins are not turned into losses and losses are not turned into wins. A point is deducted every eight hours while in violation, even if the player in question does not actually “play” in the game.

Roster Restrictions: This league plays pretty much like a 120M TOC Advantage League, except that by the end of it your salary will be closer to 110M, or perhaps even lower.

Cap: 120M
Clones: Yes
DH: No
Trades: No
AAA: No
Injuries: On
Stadium: Any
Year Restriction: None

The Prize: To play in this league you will need to buy a $10 gift certificate. Once I set the league number I will give everyone instructions on how and where to send the Gift certificate. Just don't send it to me. The winning team will split the $200 collected, with each owner on the winning team earning a $50 GC.

In the event we need a tiebreaker: Total regular season wins followed by total regular season run differential followed by World Series Winner.
2/13/2017 11:17 AM
The DodgeWALL of Champions
League # Captain Members WS Champ
---------------------- ------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------
cholatse skunk206, tridentric, batandball
dlchow Donburgh, ezcash, spoonfed, skunk206, twfan
MLB98597 tridentric SpotSell, mensu1954, twfan, grayfoxx, calcutta mensu1954
MLB99747 jose can u c (?) ejstockman, dahsdebater, dippedncrack, blackmink18, calcutta dougpalm
Missing season?
MLB103609 pfattkatt bigfatjew, SpotSell, tridentric, sgsmith pfattkatt
MLB107930 pinotfan rickysdad44, bastanredsox, dorkster, Donburgh, cholatse pinotfan
MLB110538 SpotSell DaBallCoach, razorclams, hersheybear, dcmatcheck, skunk206 dcmatcheck
MLB111476 sjh0825 rickysdad44, twfan, hersheybear, dippedncrack, SpotSell dippedncrack
MLB113299 yanks250125 ozomatli, odalisgagne, sjh0825 ozomatli
MLB114775 charliembg ozomatli, grayfoxx, brucenydaysp ozomatli
Owner Championships
SpotSell 4
twfan 3
tridentric 3
skunk206 3
ozomatli 2
hersheybear 2
dippedncrack 2
grayfoxx 2
rickysdad44 2
cholatse 2
calcutta 2
Donburgh 2
25 with 1
2/13/2017 5:56 PM (edited)
Owner List

1. ozomatli
2. yanks250125
3. rickysdad44
4. spoonfed
5. cholatse
6. hersheybear
7. chuckinrlp
8. GuerillaZen1
9. clk0619
10. skunk206
11. charliembg
12. moses_k
13. reddtrain

Sitemail List
charliembg; cholatse; chuckinrlp; clk0619; GuerillaZen1; hersheybear; moses_k; ozomatli; reddtrain; rickysdad44; spoonfed; skunk206; yanks250125
3/26/2017 10:14 PM (edited)
I will play
2/13/2017 12:23 PM
ill come back again
2/13/2017 3:46 PM
I haven't played Dodgeball in a long time. Count me in for this round.
2/13/2017 7:39 PM (edited)
I'm back!
2/14/2017 12:13 AM
Welcome!

We are over half full in just one day.
2/14/2017 1:15 AM
We will give this a try.
2/15/2017 10:09 PM
I look forward to being Mr. Irrelevant again.
2/16/2017 11:25 AM
Welcome. 13 in already
2/16/2017 3:19 PM
Actually, I need to back out. I'm going to be in the middle of the Caribbean for a while during the league, and getting hit while without a computer (let alone Internet access) would suck.
2/17/2017 5:32 PM
I'll take reddtrains spot
2/18/2017 2:58 PM
Great.

So we've got 7 open spots
2/18/2017 6:28 PM
slow stuff
2/26/2017 12:21 AM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.