Recruiting Battle Advice Topic

Posted by chapelhillne on 2/13/2017 9:47:00 PM (view original):
You should try to look and see if the D3 player is moderate and leading or in a battle on several other players. If so, he has probably split his resources. If not, he may be going all in on the guy. However if the D3 guy is very far from the player, he may not be able to go all in with 20 HVs and a CV. A D3 team only gets $1,000 plus $1,000 per opening. So he has a maximum of $4,000 to spend if he has not spent any on another player.

Home Visits are $200 + 30¢ per mile and a CV is $400 + 50¢ per mile

If the recruit is 300 miles away from him and he does a CV for $550, he has $3450 left meaning he could only do 11 HVs
If the recruit is 200 miles away from him and he does a CV for$500, he has $3500 left meaning he could do 13 HVs
If the recruit is 100 miles away from him and he does a CV for $450, he has $3550 left and could do 15 HVs.

My belief would be that you should be able to beat the D3 team if you go all in with 20 HVs and a CV. You may not be able to either, but you should be able to do 3-4 more HVs than he can. That would be my play. Plus, if you just took over the team, it's probably not that good and you could perhaps promise a start.

That would be the way to test out how committed either team is - promising a start to both players and see what affect that has on how much they are considering you. I would also promise 10-15 minutes as well.
Very valuable information you have spoken in computer sense chapel. I would like to say thanks for your generous message.
2/13/2017 9:52 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 2/13/2017 9:47:00 PM (view original):
You should try to look and see if the D3 player is moderate and leading or in a battle on several other players. If so, he has probably split his resources. If not, he may be going all in on the guy. However if the D3 guy is very far from the player, he may not be able to go all in with 20 HVs and a CV. A D3 team only gets $1,000 plus $1,000 per opening. So he has a maximum of $4,000 to spend if he has not spent any on another player.

Home Visits are $200 + 30¢ per mile and a CV is $400 + 50¢ per mile

If the recruit is 300 miles away from him and he does a CV for $550, he has $3450 left meaning he could only do 11 HVs
If the recruit is 200 miles away from him and he does a CV for$500, he has $3500 left meaning he could do 13 HVs
If the recruit is 100 miles away from him and he does a CV for $450, he has $3550 left and could do 15 HVs.

My belief would be that you should be able to beat the D3 team if you go all in with 20 HVs and a CV. You may not be able to either, but you should be able to do 3-4 more HVs than he can. That would be my play. Plus, if you just took over the team, it's probably not that good and you could perhaps promise a start.

That would be the way to test out how committed either team is - promising a start to both players and see what affect that has on how much they are considering you. I would also promise 10-15 minutes as well.
Yeah great advice here, I'll be going for the guy with a D3 offer and hope to get a commit before the last 24 hours, and if not I should still be able to win the battle. Luckily my team is decent but will only have two big men so I'll be able to promise him solid minutes.

Thanks to everyone who posted!!! I learned a lot from this!! :)
2/13/2017 10:08 PM
Yes - if you can just push the other guy to moderate at D3 and keep him there before the last cycle, you should get him.
2/13/2017 11:43 PM
◂ Prev 12
Recruiting Battle Advice Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.