Some of you veterans that have major success , do you look for certain IQ when recruiting? Most freshman i have seen has been anywhere from 10-25, is that normal?
2/13/2017 4:02 PM
Well, I certainly don't have major success, but I feel if you are concerned about formation IQ it is a good idea to recruit players with higher GPA's. This is why the player's GPA is given to us. It seems like the highest IQ a recruit will have is in the high 20's.
2/13/2017 4:52 PM
pardon my ignorance. IQs range from 40 to 160 and GPAs range from 0 to 4

what are you all referring to
2/13/2017 4:57 PM
GPA'S don't figure into anything. FIQ only increases with practice time. If you don't practice the formation, it won't increase period.
2/13/2017 5:29 PM
Posted by vikesrule69 on 2/13/2017 5:29:00 PM (view original):
GPA'S don't figure into anything. FIQ only increases with practice time. If you don't practice the formation, it won't increase period.
True, you do need to practice a formation to increase it's IQ. However, I can assure you a higher GPA player's formation IQ will increase at a greater rate than a lower GPA player's does.
2/13/2017 5:31 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 2/13/2017 4:57:00 PM (view original):
pardon my ignorance. IQs range from 40 to 160 and GPAs range from 0 to 4

what are you all referring to
Every player has a "formation IQ" that affects how they perform in a given formation. The values are listed on the "Formations" tab of each player.

2/13/2017 5:39 PM
I caught your sarcasm bagchucker. Well done.
2/13/2017 5:53 PM
Posted by strieffman on 2/13/2017 5:31:00 PM (view original):
True, you do need to practice a formation to increase it's IQ. However, I can assure you a higher GPA player's formation IQ will increase at a greater rate than a lower GPA player's does.
Not true strieffman. I've played 3 games in Dobie and have several freshman with GPA's of 3 or less with 9+ FIQ added. I also have several seniors with the same GPA range with 6+ FIQ added. This shows GPA has no value and FIQ is solely based on practice time.
2/13/2017 6:13 PM
Posted by vikesrule69 on 2/13/2017 6:13:00 PM (view original):
Not true strieffman. I've played 3 games in Dobie and have several freshman with GPA's of 3 or less with 9+ FIQ added. I also have several seniors with the same GPA range with 6+ FIQ added. This shows GPA has no value and FIQ is solely based on practice time.
GPA matters. The explanation given above shows no understanding of the interactions of GPA, WE, practice time, and EXISTING formation IQ when determining the player's growth in FIQ.
2/13/2017 6:31 PM
Posted by vikesrule69 on 2/13/2017 6:13:00 PM (view original):
I disagree vikes. I believe the form iq follows the same pattern as attributes where the closer a player gets to their max number the slower they progress. If for example you had Sr players with the same gpa as the fr, then compared them to the sr player with higher gpa, and both sets of players had the same potential, then the lower gpa players would not improve as much.

Again in this is my opinion and other than my own observations I have no proof this is accurate.
2/13/2017 6:35 PM
ok I get it

individual formation IQ has it's own tab, which I knew but lamely forgot, I was looking for it in the other thing, the attributes or whatever

one thing that makes this sim balanced is freshmen improve faster than seniors all else being equal

makes playing time interesting

to me anyway
2/13/2017 7:13 PM
The development of formation IQ is influenced by GPA. True, it only rises with practice time, just like skill ratings. But GPA relates to formation IQ just like WE relates to skill development.
2/13/2017 10:02 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.