Non-con scheduling Topic

Posted by rsvphr on 2/14/2017 7:08:00 PM (view original):
You also want to lean a little towards road games. Road wins get you more credit than comparable home wins. Road games have a little higher risk, all things being equal, but they are good for RPI
Ah yeah, to be clear, mine is for D3. There is very little homecourt advantage at D3 so that's why you never do them at home. You get something like a 1.4x bonus to road wins so it's worth it.
2/14/2017 7:10 PM
You can try to schedule sims on the road that have a low home court advantage but that have 5 or more juniors this year. They should be strong next year because of their IQs. You should be able to beat them on the road since they do not have a great home court advantage. I often try to schedule all 10 non conference on the road, unless I have a home and home series with someone.
2/14/2017 11:52 PM
Posted by KVegas on 2/14/2017 1:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/14/2017 12:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by KVegas on 2/14/2017 12:32:00 PM (view original):
Still in a rebuild, your team really isn't that good and would get destroyed by most Top 25 teams.

I tend to schedule early. You want to schedule teams you can hopefully beat, but good enough that they will be competitive too the rest of their schedule. You can go 25-1 but means nothing if your SOS is 300.

I like to schedule all road games to help the RPI. Not as bad of a loss if it's on the road.
Not looking to debate the quality of my team but I played the current #6 in an exhibition and lost by 14. I don't think that's destroyed. He played similarly to how he's playing his guys now. Maybe not much gameplanning. And, with one senior, 4 freshmen I think I'll be better next season. You're coming up on my schedule. Will I be destroyed?

All that said, I scheduled early last season and my non-con looks like crap. Started scrounging around yesterday/this morning and, with the 3 I scheduled, I think I'm getting crap again. I'm not overly concerned with this season's schedule, I don't expect to be in the running for a NT spot but I don't want to screw myself next season.
Didn't mean any disrespect, destroyed probably wasn't the right word. Just don't think your defense is quite there yet but might be okay for zone. Saw after that we play in a couple days so probably eat my words lol.

Pick 'em. Which I don't see. But I do see why you think my D is subpar. It's pretty obvious how you were recruiting. Hope to keep it in single digits.
2/15/2017 8:44 AM
depending on the strength of my team and conference, i generally pick a few challenging games and then follow the same principles as benis to fill out the schedule. scheduling is very important is and can make or break your whole season, getting you in or out of the NT and/or helping your NT seed substantially.
2/15/2017 9:05 AM
Good back to this, I've taken to scheduling three very beatable sims in my first 3. Apparently it takes me longer to figure out rotations and minutes. I sort of use these three as extra exhibition games. I then wait for challenges until around game 20. Then I submit challenges. I schedule softer with my D3(full) and more difficult with my D2(5 users).
11/24/2017 9:37 AM
Schedule me.
11/24/2017 9:56 AM
Moving up in Rupp, you're not in Smith. But I don't turn down challenges.
11/24/2017 10:10 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/24/2017 9:37:00 AM (view original):
Good back to this, I've taken to scheduling three very beatable sims in my first 3. Apparently it takes me longer to figure out rotations and minutes. I sort of use these three as extra exhibition games. I then wait for challenges until around game 20. Then I submit challenges. I schedule softer with my D3(full) and more difficult with my D2(5 users).
I'm with you on taking long to figure out my rotations and minutes. I'm not sure if this is good or bad, but in my exhibition games, i set my 3pt frequency per player, but I leave my distro at 0 for all players, both games and i see what the game itself does with my team. I also would assume i would get better info out of that by scheduling SIM teams in exhibition. Cuz if humans double team someone or play a +5 (example) then that would affect my players shot selection a lot more in those games.
11/24/2017 11:07 AM
When scheduling SIMs, I wait until the last possible minute. Here's why.

Everyone knows to schedule beatable SIMs that have a lot of returning players. The problem is that if everyone schedules that SIM, they aren't a good choice to play anymore. For example, if the #102 RPI is a SIM that is returning 10 players in a SIM-heavy conference, everyone in the top 50 that is looking for an easy win will schedule them. So that team will go 0-10 or 1-9 in nonconference play. defeating the purpose of scheduling that SIM.

There might be another SIM in that same conference that is returning 9 guys and the team isn't as good, but no other human has scheduled them and they will go 7-3 in nonconference play.

If a SIM team is scheduled to play more than 3 humans next season, I will usually pass on scheduling them.
11/24/2017 3:18 PM
Posted by grimacedance on 11/24/2017 3:18:00 PM (view original):
When scheduling SIMs, I wait until the last possible minute. Here's why.

Everyone knows to schedule beatable SIMs that have a lot of returning players. The problem is that if everyone schedules that SIM, they aren't a good choice to play anymore. For example, if the #102 RPI is a SIM that is returning 10 players in a SIM-heavy conference, everyone in the top 50 that is looking for an easy win will schedule them. So that team will go 0-10 or 1-9 in nonconference play. defeating the purpose of scheduling that SIM.

There might be another SIM in that same conference that is returning 9 guys and the team isn't as good, but no other human has scheduled them and they will go 7-3 in nonconference play.

If a SIM team is scheduled to play more than 3 humans next season, I will usually pass on scheduling them.
Same. I don’t start scheduling sims to fill non-con until CT time. Preferably the day of the championship game. I sort by RPI, and starting about 75 or so (lower, if I think my team is fairly weak) I start looking at sims. I give equal weight to players returning as I do to how many humans they already have on their schedule. If they’ve already got 4 or more humans on the non-con schedule, I move on. Likewise, if they play in a conference with more than 3 human opponents, I move on.

The downside is that I occasionally forget altogether.
11/24/2017 6:11 PM
Lol, well said kpoopman
11/25/2017 1:01 AM
◂ Prev 12
Non-con scheduling Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.