Seeing Potential Topic

Would you consider it a competitive advantage to see your opponents potential? Or would you consider your opponents seeing your teams potential as a disadvantage?

For entertainment purposes, I would like to see all teams color potential. I don't think strategically I would change anything if I saw their Freshman SG at 50 and green in perimeter.

So why do you think they want to keep that hidden?
2/14/2017 3:56 PM (edited)
All it would do for me is verify who was a good recruiter and who wasn't. Otherwise I don't see what I'd gain from it.
2/14/2017 1:14 PM
Within your conference, I think it might. Assuming, of course, you intend to stay in that conference. Could change the way you recruit. Of course, since you can see development, you might have a real good idea what's green/blue if your opponent's C increases 23 in LP, BLK, D over the course of a season.

Not showing the colors makes the process a little harder.
2/14/2017 1:16 PM
I know the potential of a couple of Mike's players in our conference. It changes my recruiting strategy knowing what they'll look like in 2 seasons. Not sure I'd be as concerned about them if I wasn't aware of their potentials.

edit: Although I'd be aware of their potential anyway by mid season just by seeing their growth in those ratings. Assuming, of course he put his practice minutes where they should be for guards.
2/14/2017 1:19 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I know about your big men. In part because I scouted some but also because you and I couldn't stop yammering on about how our specific players will be destroying the other guys' in a couple of seasons.

As I said, not showing the potential just makes it a little more difficult to know what the other guy will have for the next 3 seasons.
2/14/2017 1:31 PM
Posted by skinndogg on 2/14/2017 1:09:00 PM (view original):
Would you consider it a competitive advantage to see your opponents potential? Or would you consider your opponents seeing your teams potential as a disadvantage?

For entertainment purposes, I would like to see all teams color potential. I don't think strategically I would change anything if I saw their Freshman SG at 50 and green in perimeter. So why do you think they want to keep that hidden?
I don't think it'll change anything!
2/14/2017 2:47 PM
I don't think one really has anything to gain from seeing another team's potential. That being said, I think it would be a nice feature to check out the potential of other teams.
2/14/2017 3:27 PM

Another thought. When your taking over a SIM team. It would be nice to what kind of potential the team has your taking over.

2/14/2017 4:00 PM
If you want it just capture it all when you recruit?... I mean most of it's readily there...
2/14/2017 4:20 PM
It would be nice to see this on teams that you are considering taking a job with.
2/14/2017 11:53 PM
Seeing Potential Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.