2 formations or 3? Topic

Hey all wondering what the conventional wisdom is on how many formations to run on offense? I've seen around the forums people saying that they only run 2, currently at MTU I'm running 3 and practicing them each at 10 mins. Is this smart? Stupid? Somewhere in the middle? Let me know! Moving up to DII was also a bigger change than I anticipated so if a successful DII would like to sitemail me a decent way to set up my practice plan that would also be a HUGE help.

Thanks so much all, as overwhelming as this game gets it sure is a lot of fun.
2/14/2017 3:06 PM
i would use 1 or 2. 3 probably excessive
2/14/2017 3:09 PM
I use one on o, one on d. I can put a lot of time into formation practice this way and also add a little to individual practice.
2/14/2017 3:18 PM
I've done a lot better in big games since I went with just one offensive formation. I've found that putting 15 minutes on a formation vs 7 or 8 minutes makes the difference of 3 to 4 points in formation IQ per season. Might not sound like a lot, but that's about 10 to 15 points over the course of a career, which might make the difference in games vs quality opponents.
2/14/2017 3:34 PM
I'm on the one and one plan. FIQ means a lot.

Keep in mind that you can still use other formations on an as needed basis. You can use a Dime if you need to..even though you only practice a 4-4. You can use shotgun even if you only practice Pro Set.
2/14/2017 4:18 PM
I'm a one on O, two on D. You can have a lot of different variations of each formation. So you can run the Pro-Set for example and have like 5-6 variations (Like have RBs block and TE go out for passes, TE & one FB/RB stay in to block, everyone go out to catch, or max protection where only WRs go out, etc) making it like 6 formations. So you can practice 15-20 minutes on the Pro-Set.
2/14/2017 8:05 PM
Wow. I still have a lot to learn in this game! Thanks a lot all
2/15/2017 5:03 PM
Posted by AdamBG on 2/15/2017 5:03:00 PM (view original):
Wow. I still have a lot to learn in this game! Thanks a lot all
If you click on a username you can access all their current teams. See what formations they run, players they recruit. etc. Is a good way to learn
2/15/2017 6:09 PM
yes, especially if you click on the Better Teams. learn from the best. you can see formations, the makeup of their squad for those formations, and if you click on their games against other better teams you can learn about gameplans.
2/15/2017 6:47 PM
2 formations or 3? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.