Posted by bagchucker on 3/9/2017 8:30:00 AM (view original):
some people's biggest thrill is being sneaky and getting over on someone

True story
When I was a lot younger I was friendly with this older guy..
Back then he payed some cable installer for something they called the Black Box. It got EVERY channel out there including all Premium stations and Every On Demand station where you usually have to pay for the current new movies.
Now, he wasn't rich but was better off than the average guy and I told him he was an idiot because if he really had to have all the channels he could afford to pay for them and that he was risking potential jail for Theft of Services and or a Huge Fine.
But as Bagchucker said , he got off the thrill that he could get away with it. Luckily he was never caught.
But I bet today with the newer technology they would nail him cold.
3/9/2017 9:02 PM
Firecast? (firecast is not technically stealing, but it is really stealing). Today it seems like everyone is doing it. Stealing media is that crime nobody feels badly about. If there is no chance of really getting caught, people will break the rules. I have more friends stealing media than don't even though most have respectable jobs. They justify it by the high costs of cable being unreasonable (this is because everyone is stealing!!!!) and that everyone is doing it. Look at the numbers for how much pirating of GoTs episodes for instance. HBO acquiesced early on and even came to semi-embrace having their product stolen because they felt word of mouth and "buzz" was worth more than trying to enforce payment.

Still amazed at the surprise coaches here have that people cheated at this game. Most games (and not just video games) are constantly dealing with players finding new and different ways to cheat. I agree that it is ridiculous but it is so common it shouldn't be much of a surprise.
3/9/2017 9:53 PM
Very good read. Vhoward/GT_deuce. Perhaps your current multi-account information could have been told a month ago to help me in my situation after it was proven that I didn't cheat and everyone involved agreed to this fact. In stead you give every one a lesson in ethics whilst not being forthcoming yourself. Real classy!
3/15/2017 6:49 PM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 3/15/2017 6:49:00 PM (view original):
Very good read. Vhoward/GT_deuce. Perhaps your current multi-account information could have been told a month ago to help me in my situation after it was proven that I didn't cheat and everyone involved agreed to this fact. In stead you give every one a lesson in ethics whilst not being forthcoming yourself. Real classy!
You forgot Coach_G72
3/15/2017 7:37 PM
His multi-account information has been available and known ever since he joined Wilkinson. He was merely re-addressing it. If there is some proof that you didn't cheat I must have missed that. Just because WIS hasn't punished you it doesn't mean you didn't cheat. It just means they are either too busy or dim witted to mess with it.
3/15/2017 8:00 PM
How was it available and known? I did provide the proof to BK and WIS. I didn't provide it to you or anyone else because the details of mine and my sons life are none of your business. I have received numerous apologies and immense support on the whole ordeal. BK did provide a lot of damming data but he also left some out. eg..Akite's LONG history of the exact same recruiting patterns that had nothing to do with Big 10 action or anyone I played. Bottom line: My son ended up telling me that he never really even enjoyed the game and wanted to quit for a while. BK asked me to stop doing the Big 10 recruiting strategy with conference mates and I have. And yes someone has come to Michigan State to try and make life miserable. Fine. Basicly, BK got the entire Akite timeline information from start to finish which ultimately satisfied BK and told me he was sorry about the whole forum mess. I told him that I would have thought the same thing If I was him.
3/15/2017 8:36 PM
Apologies to you for not personally sitemailing you to announce the situation. In the future, you'll get text updates on all my coaching activity. (You must opt OUT if you do not wish to receive these updates.)

Next time someone gives me their account and I use it, I'll take out a front-page add on WIS's site.

As awags stated, I've been 100% upfront since the very first season in Wilkinson. The only world where it has ever applied, btw. And on numerous occasions, I've been clear on this point in the main GD forum. I welcome scrutiny and have no long, documented history of abuse.

But yeah, no... totally. I'm the a-hole.
3/15/2017 11:20 PM
Yeah well, I didn't cheat and yet you wrote a book about how I did. Chapter 1 covers multiple accounts, something you are guilty of and I have never done. Personal attacks are strictly forbidden and can be banned from the forum. So, you take your attacks to your own domain. You follow the letter of the law but not the spirit of the law. I remember a few people saying that my recruiting system was guilty of that(which was NOT list sharing). Now that it is out in the open, and I have been upfront about it, I guess it is ok? Look, my only problem with you is how hard you were on me for something I didn't even freggin do but yet YOU did! I know you are an awesome coach and I respect you as such. I know you weren't cheating with the other account. You are just being hypocritical. I too know what I am doing in this game. I am extremely dedicated to it. And because of all the publicity, Michigan State is the most popular job in Leahy. It is going to be interesting! Horvie just came out of a 35 season slumber passing up some pretty darn good teams to rebuild the pile of crap Spartans. And would you guess that he decided he wanted to recruit the same QB as me. I would be willing to bet that next season he will want the same QB as me too. Just like what your book accused my son of doing to BK. It's ok though, a little spice is good.
3/16/2017 12:46 AM
Let's be clear... at no point did I ever come down on anyone for having two IDs. But I'll re-read my own piece just to be certain.

It's the usage of two accounts for nefarious purposes that I do not respect. It's the coordinated, collusive actions of two accounts that I take issue with. In this, you've been well-documented.

And I could not care less what WIS has to say on your account. These are the same people who will tell us the sky is chartreuse when we can go look up and see, very plainly, that is is not. The same people that repeatedly tell coaches that it takes multiple seasons of sustained success to move up from D-III to D-II when we know that is demonstrably false (true and first-hand story). If they can't be trusted to correctly account for the workings of their own game, how can they be expected to issue clear-eyed judgement over a case with some admitted ambiguity?

Coincidences are a funny thing. They can only stack on one another for so long before they cease to be coincidence.
3/16/2017 1:41 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NyEE0qpfeig

Before you guys start throwing your claws around, have you looked into that? You'll see things differently.
3/16/2017 4:00 AM
Lol. Don't think it would make me see anything differently(exept the beer :), but thoroughly enjoyed the show .
3/16/2017 4:16 AM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 3/16/2017 12:46:00 AM (view original):
Yeah well, I didn't cheat and yet you wrote a book about how I did. Chapter 1 covers multiple accounts, something you are guilty of and I have never done. Personal attacks are strictly forbidden and can be banned from the forum. So, you take your attacks to your own domain. You follow the letter of the law but not the spirit of the law. I remember a few people saying that my recruiting system was guilty of that(which was NOT list sharing). Now that it is out in the open, and I have been upfront about it, I guess it is ok? Look, my only problem with you is how hard you were on me for something I didn't even freggin do but yet YOU did! I know you are an awesome coach and I respect you as such. I know you weren't cheating with the other account. You are just being hypocritical. I too know what I am doing in this game. I am extremely dedicated to it. And because of all the publicity, Michigan State is the most popular job in Leahy. It is going to be interesting! Horvie just came out of a 35 season slumber passing up some pretty darn good teams to rebuild the pile of crap Spartans. And would you guess that he decided he wanted to recruit the same QB as me. I would be willing to bet that next season he will want the same QB as me too. Just like what your book accused my son of doing to BK. It's ok though, a little spice is good.
I have 2 elites in Warner and Wilkinson and wanted a rebuilding challenge. I was going to recruit conservatively, having no bowl money, but there were a few great local recruits with only sims considering (including that QB) after the 1st cycle.
3/16/2017 7:34 AM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.