I write for Wilkinson world, but I've written something for the whole GD community. It's a long piece. Read at the link below if you like.

On Cheating...
2/14/2017 4:20 PM
Good writeup!
2/14/2017 4:42 PM
Thanks GT_duece, that was a good read. It got me to thinking that if I hang around long enough I might someday win or at least compete for a NC. Or at least make one of Bob's list.
2/14/2017 6:22 PM
That was a fantastic write up, well thought out and written. There has been a lot of good reasoned out writing around this issue. If y'all want to continue to write we have a website for Wilkinson:

http://mizzoucj.wixsite.com/wilkinsoncentral/conference-blogs
2/14/2017 8:00 PM
In the space of a day, gt_deuce's worry has become reality. We had a very unsuccessful coach in one of my worlds, three winning records in 30 seasons. It never occurred to me until today that this account could have been "a kite" for another program in its area. I began to wonder if another nearby coach has been cheating all this time. I sincerely doubt it. But he could have. Now, since precedent is set and there is no tangible penalty for having a second team, future successful coaches in similar geographic scenarios will bear unfair scrutiny. It's sad.
2/15/2017 12:05 AM
good write up
2/15/2017 12:35 AM
Great piece Aaron. Thanks for taking the time to do that.
2/15/2017 9:02 AM
It looks like tigerpark135 just won 2 National Championships in a row
3/6/2017 6:33 PM
Damn that was good Gt_deuce.
I've always admired the quality of your teams and the quality and willingness to communicate . That writeup shows your quality of character !
3/6/2017 7:00 PM
Great analysis from a top coach and a top gent.
3/6/2017 10:30 PM
Posted by crosenbaum on 3/6/2017 6:33:00 PM (view original):
They'll always be tainted for me. I have won six NCs and never collaborated with another coach to gain an unfair advantage when I won them.
3/6/2017 10:34 PM
Posted by willgibson on 3/6/2017 10:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crosenbaum on 3/6/2017 6:33:00 PM (view original):
They'll always be tainted for me. I have won six NCs and never collaborated with another coach to gain an unfair advantage when I won them.
Bingo! I've won 21 and I would laugh anyone dead in the face that needed to cheat to beat me.
3/7/2017 12:04 AM
Bump.
3/8/2017 2:26 AM
I think this has gone on more than we realize. But, it's only those who don't know how to play the "game" that get caught. One reason that I have liked D1A more than the other divisions is that I "believed" it was harder to cheat in. Many times I would be suspicious of a higher division team that worked with a team in a lower division to "reserve" recruits.
I always thought that WIS would monitor collusion closer than their current stance.
I would say that if I was going to have a second team in D1A that would "help" my main team, it would not take much effort to take a mid-major and still make them be the cream of their conference.
And just for the record, I have never done this.
Also, I do not talk about recruiting during recruiting time. Learned that the hard way when another coach ticked me off and I responded.
I was "warned" and he got off because he reported me...
3/8/2017 10:39 AM
some people's biggest thrill is being sneaky and getting over on someone

3/9/2017 8:29 AM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.