Change suggestion (not recruiting or EE) Topic

All I'm asking for is a change in the processing time for grades so that the email comes out AFTER the recruiting action emails rather than before them. The late-season grade report comes during one of the most hectic flurries of recruiting-related emails as most people are unlocking actions on the majority of their recruits about the time it hits. As a result, the grade report is often buried under an avalanche of auto-generated emails about kids being open to home visits, starting promises, minutes, campus visits, etc. Frequently, this means you won't even see the email from your office page and will actually have to be actively looking for it in your full mail list and/or know which game slot it gets generated after.

Postponing it so that it generates in back of the recruiting actions will position it at the top of the email stash a coach has waiting when they wake up or look in after the 5 a.m. cycle. It would be right there at the top of the email and immediately clickable from the main office screen.

Is it a huge deal, no. But that is an important email in so far as it provides the cue that a person can ditch all study hall minutes and redistribute those to core categories to gain extra development during the end of the year and conference tournaments.
2/14/2017 5:00 PM
Posted by rednu on 2/14/2017 5:00:00 PM (view original):
All I'm asking for is a change in the processing time for grades so that the email comes out AFTER the recruiting action emails rather than before them. The late-season grade report comes during one of the most hectic flurries of recruiting-related emails as most people are unlocking actions on the majority of their recruits about the time it hits. As a result, the grade report is often buried under an avalanche of auto-generated emails about kids being open to home visits, starting promises, minutes, campus visits, etc. Frequently, this means you won't even see the email from your office page and will actually have to be actively looking for it in your full mail list and/or know which game slot it gets generated after.

Postponing it so that it generates in back of the recruiting actions will position it at the top of the email stash a coach has waiting when they wake up or look in after the 5 a.m. cycle. It would be right there at the top of the email and immediately clickable from the main office screen.

Is it a huge deal, no. But that is an important email in so far as it provides the cue that a person can ditch all study hall minutes and redistribute those to core categories to gain extra development during the end of the year and conference tournaments.
I thought we don't get any development in the post season?
2/14/2017 5:04 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 2/14/2017 5:04:00 PM (view original):

The last grades are out after game 22 for most coaches (depending on where byes in conference play occur). So from then through the conclusion of the conference tournament you can zero out study hall minutes and shift them into other categories to grab a few extra points of development each year.

ETA: You are correct that once the NT/PIT begin, all development freezes.
2/14/2017 5:11 PM (edited)
Posted by rednu on 2/14/2017 5:09:00 PM (view original):

The last grades are out after game 22 for most coaches (depending on where byes in conference play occur). So from then through the conclusion of the conference tournament you can zero out study hall minutes and shift them into other categories to grab a few extra points of development each year.
Is that really a need for coaches at that point in time. Just sounds like more clicks to me.
2/14/2017 5:10 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 2/14/2017 5:10:00 PM (view original):

Is that really a need for coaches at that point in time. Just sounds like more clicks to me.
There's 8 development "days" after the final grade check. multiply it by 4 seasons and you're talking basically the equivalent of a full season over the course of a 4-year playing career. Having an extra 5-10 minutes in development rather than sitting idle in study hall can be significant when spread out over that period of time.
2/14/2017 5:16 PM
Posted by rednu on 2/14/2017 5:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachWard95 on 2/14/2017 5:10:00 PM (view original):

There's 8 development "days" after the final grade check. multiply it by 4 seasons and you're talking basically the equivalent of a full season over the course of a 4-year playing career. Having an extra 5-10 minutes in development rather than sitting idle in study hall can be significant when spread out over that period of time.
Changing practice plan is one of the things I lack in the most. When I look at it your way I can clarify that its a need to do it.
2/14/2017 5:19 PM
Why on earth would anyone oppose this? Because it's a few more clicks? Don't do it. Save yourself the clicks. Never know when you'll be needing some clicks and come up short.
2/14/2017 6:28 PM
another solution would be to have two colors for unread messages - like green for recruiting messages and anything else that colorblind folks can recognize for others - grades, scheduling etc etc...might be smaller change than changing the timeline.
2/14/2017 9:36 PM
Change suggestion (not recruiting or EE) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.