Perimeter Offense? Topic

Has anyone determined what parameters are used to label you as a "perimeter offense" for recruiting preferences?
2/14/2017 5:19 PM
I have asked the same thing, so far I have not seen a answer. I don't think that has been figured out yet.
2/14/2017 9:29 PM
IS % of of FGA that are 3FGA. I think you get a positive modifier when you break 33%.
2/14/2017 9:38 PM
you either have to shoot a ton of 3's or very very few 3's. I find it pointless to be neutral preference in both paint offense and perimeter offense. The game now definitely encourages picking 1 or the other which is pretty dumb.

Also how can I be very bad for perimeter and only good for paint offense? shouldn't the 2 be the opposite of one another...
2/14/2017 9:59 PM
Posted by skinzfan36 on 2/14/2017 9:59:00 PM (view original):
you either have to shoot a ton of 3's or very very few 3's. I find it pointless to be neutral preference in both paint offense and perimeter offense. The game now definitely encourages picking 1 or the other which is pretty dumb.

Also how can I be very bad for perimeter and only good for paint offense? shouldn't the 2 be the opposite of one another...
Ive always said they need to add a "Balanced Offense" preference
2/15/2017 12:29 AM
and somewhat paradoxical. if you're a "paint offense" it stands to reason you are much more in search of a perimeter shooter and that said shooter would have more of an opportunity to play (and shoot) in your offense!
2/15/2017 9:24 AM
I view it differently.

We know why we don't shoot 3s. We don't have anyone who's good at. So, yes, we'd be looking for players to diversify our O. But, if you're a recruit, you look at the offense and think "That dude doesn't like to shoot 3s. That's HIS offense."
2/15/2017 9:36 AM
And, if I'm not mistaken, it's 3s attempted not made. Which is another reason it's how the recruit views your offense. "Dude is firing 'em up and doesn't even care if they go in. That's HIS offense!!!"
2/15/2017 9:52 AM
sure, that's absolutely a valid way to look at it. personally, i think for D1 gameplay (excluding fictions we create about player motives), it's still kind of paradoxical, but i think there are D2/D3 teams that thrive without balance and run a more static offense.
2/15/2017 9:52 AM
I'm not disagreeing with your viewpoint. I just think it's the way the game is set up.

In the real world, we're sitting down with Donny Deadeye and saying "Kid, I want to shoot threes. I really do. But we don't have anyone. THAT'S where you come in!!" It's just impossible to program it both ways.
2/15/2017 9:56 AM
Perimeter Offense? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.