The Thread That Would Not Die Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by ebel331 on 2/14/2017 9:10:00 PM (view original):
I haven't followed all of this, but it seems to me that the Leahy Big10 can pretty much solve this problem on their own by using his "trade secret" "recruiting practice" against him. Simply don't discuss specific recruits, by name, beforehand and you are playing by his own rules. He's not going to stay after you destroy one or two of his classes.

This is a hypothetical brainstorm only, obviously.
This is what I advised someone in Leahy the other day. The Leahy coaches have the ability to destroy him.
2/14/2017 9:25 PM
Because it is stupid to bring down teams in your own conference. I don't discuss recruits at all. Period. It works because I am not greedy and I stay true to me word. I help build up teams in my own conference because when they win; I win!!!
2/14/2017 9:25 PM
Well look at this, I'm back already!
2/14/2017 9:26 PM
When multiple teams get together with the sole intent of destroying another team; you are colluding!!!

When multiple teams take notice of how each other are recruiting one way one season, and a different way the following season to save money; they are smart! They have mutual respect for each other and they want to win! And that is as much info as you are getting out of me and the ingenious system (which I would love to take credit for-but I can't) that was taught to me by people whom have been around the game a lot long than me and were obviously smarter too.
2/14/2017 9:35 PM
Yuck. From what I can infer your system involves everyone in the big10 having an agreement on who to go after so you guys don't compete and have an advantage over everyone else in leahy. Pretty disgusting. The big10 should be competing with each other
2/14/2017 9:44 PM
Having any type of recruiting agreement in place is cheating. Period!!! Disgusting that you(tigerpark) can't see this. You screw over all of the coaches that are not part of the agreement, both in your conference, and not in your conference.
2/14/2017 9:47 PM
Yeah well tell me how it is fair that USC, Penn State, Oklahoma, Texas have no other elites to compete against in there 180? I am not screwing over anyone. What I am doing is making sure I don't drain myself with a pointless battle over a recruit in my own 180. As far as the smaller schools in my 180, well they wouldn't get a recruit i wanted anyway. And anyone stupid enough to come into my 180 from far away, well that is on you. No one is getting screwed because 90% of my recruits are local. I think I took three this recruiting season from outside of my 180. One from Navy, North Carolina and an uncontested recruit from Iowa. and three out of my 180 is typically more than I normally recruit. Even my record breaking recruit class 6 seasons ago was mostly in my 180.
2/14/2017 10:00 PM
Posted by genuvar on 2/14/2017 9:44:00 PM (view original):
Yuck. From what I can infer your system involves everyone in the big10 having an agreement on who to go after so you guys don't compete and have an advantage over everyone else in leahy. Pretty disgusting. The big10 should be competing with each other
I've come to the conclusion that those that want to cheat will never understand. We live in a society where everyone feels they need to circumvent the rules to get an edge. Why? Either 1) they don't have confidence in their own abilities to win any other way, or 2) they don't have the ability to win the right way.

At the end of the day, they really are only hurting themselves. Think about why we play this game. Community, friendships? Absolutely! But, I think we also play for the competition. We like building our teams and seeing success. But, even more, we like it when our peers notice our success. We all desire respect. My name doesn't show up on the top of leaderboards very often. But, I can tell you, I'll never have an asterisk next to my name.
2/14/2017 10:13 PM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 2/14/2017 10:00:00 PM (view original):
Yeah well tell me how it is fair that USC, Penn State, Oklahoma, Texas have no other elites to compete against in there 180? I am not screwing over anyone. What I am doing is making sure I don't drain myself with a pointless battle over a recruit in my own 180. As far as the smaller schools in my 180, well they wouldn't get a recruit i wanted anyway. And anyone stupid enough to come into my 180 from far away, well that is on you. No one is getting screwed because 90% of my recruits are local. I think I took three this recruiting season from outside of my 180. One from Navy, North Carolina and an uncontested recruit from Iowa. and three out of my 180 is typically more than I normally recruit. Even my record breaking recruit class 6 seasons ago was mostly in my 180.
Honestly, for me, the sitemail deals to split up recruits pale in comparison to the role of Akite in your "ingenious system".

Until you come clean, that's your legacy in this game.
2/14/2017 10:18 PM
or maybe they are simply leveling the playing field (WITHIN THE RULES) to a game inherently not level! Just take a look at Bob's stats he just posted. Over all the worlds, over all time, a couple teams win consistently more than others.
2/14/2017 10:19 PM
Posted by chetty1963 on 2/14/2017 10:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tigerpark135 on 2/14/2017 10:00:00 PM (view original):
Honestly, for me, the sitemail deals to split up recruits pale in comparison to the role of Akite in your "ingenious system".

Until you come clean, that's your legacy in this game.
I have explained the history of my son's team and my team in full detail to the only people that matter. BK and WIS. It is not you or anyone else's concern anymore.
2/14/2017 10:23 PM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 2/14/2017 10:19:00 PM (view original):
or maybe they are simply leveling the playing field (WITHIN THE RULES) to a game inherently not level! Just take a look at Bob's stats he just posted. Over all the worlds, over all time, a couple teams win consistently more than others.
So, you have to have the playing field leveled for you? Take the challenge and just be freaking better than USC, Texas, Penn State, etc.

Just like Bonds, you're already great. You don't need to cheat to best those teams.
2/14/2017 10:27 PM
I don't think we can do polls anymore, but people can respond by posting which answer they think is correct.

After reviewing the evidence, I believe that Tigerpark:

1) is telling the truth and did not cheat.

2) was logging in as akite, and using akite's team to create deliberate and unfair recruiting advantages. Technically, it wasn't collusion because akite and Tigerpark are the same guy. Akite probably knows nothing about this.

3) was colluding with akite.

4) Who cares, man, chrondon is rolling one.
2/14/2017 10:28 PM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸
The Thread That Would Not Die Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.