The Thread That Would Not Die Topic

Posted by fastec27 on 4/20/2017 4:10:00 PM (view original):
I wanted to revive this post. In Leahy on the first day of recruiting about the second or third cycle and I can't find one recruit that has more then one of the Big Ten (ND,Michigan,Ohio State)Elites on him. They will say a QB but that came after I pointed out the lack of competition. So If I was to site mail the other Big Ten schools and the MAC conference and ASK those coaches to protect any top recruit within their 180. Spend a little more on that guy then they usually would, would that be collusion by the definition WIS has set? I'm not talking about any specific recruit or asking anyone to target a certain school or schools. If you have better ideas I'm all ears. These guys cheat then brag on the boards about what great recruits they have. Makes me sick.

Edit: Added " Big Ten (ND,Michigan,Ohio State)"
Not that I need to show you this but there is no agreements anymore. I would claim that you are a liar but that isn't true. Lack of insight is the true culprit on your part. BTW, I gave up on this QB against ND before you even started with your accusations. YOU ARE WRONG. Also, I know for a fact that OSU and ND battled over the #1 DL in the nation.
Date Description Cost Qty. Total Cost
4/17/17 Campus Visit $1,025 3 $3,075
*Any efforts made but not yet responded to are highlighted.

QB Kyle Green

School: Clemente Community Academy HS

Hometown: Chicago, IL (205 miles)

632 Rating

Height/Weight:6'2" 182 lbs

2.5 GPA

#16QB Rank

#219Overall Rank

Status

Considering

• Signed with University of Notre Dame
Date Description Cost Qty. Total Cost
*Any efforts made but not yet responded to are highlighted.
4/20/2017 11:13 PM
Like Fastec, I frequently run around starting threads knowingly and falsely accusing coaches of doing something after I have cursed at them and called them names. Because that's just a rational thing to do.
4/20/2017 11:39 PM
It's the same thing every time. One persons idea of smart recruiting is another persons version of collusion. I'm a little torn on the subject.

I was in Rutgers for 9 seasons before jumping to Oklahoma. I only battled Penn State 2x, and I only did it just to try it. Other than that I avoided him, and he left me alone. Was that collusion? I figured why poke the bear.

So then I jumped to Oklahoma. No idea what I was doing so I tried to keep a low profile. Didn't get a sniff from Texas for 2 seasons. figured it was setting up to be the same deal as Penn State. Season 3 came around and I learned quickly I was wrong. Texas came a calling on the 2nd day of recruiting and snatched a receiver. It's now turned in the Red River Showdown ! Tons of cash now wasted battling each other, but isn't that how it's supposed to be?

That texas coach is fastec, the guy who bumped this post. Obviously his views on collusion are a little different than the three coaches in the big 10
4/20/2017 11:40 PM
I'm going to post what I put in our coaches corner and I will then not bother putting anything else on the forum. I'm just looking to see where the lines are drawn. Please see below.

I have received a site mail that has made me realize I have grouped winstonis and Buckeyedick in with tigerpark. I want to apologize to those two for doing that without any justification. For that I am sorry. Tigerpark has maintained that if it's out in the open that the Elites are not going to battle for recruits then it's not collusion. Tigerpark is that what you believe and has WIS confirmed your belief? I'm asking because I don't know what you believe? Buckeyedick said in a post "If we spend our money in battles with each other, there would be little left to fight off the rest of you guys" That tells me you guys are not going to compete with each other. Fine. Is saying your not going to compete against certain teams as long as you say it publicly OK with WIS? I have a ticket in with them to try and get some clarity on where the collusion lines lie.
4/21/2017 12:24 AM
If you must collude, you are a ****** dude.
4/21/2017 2:05 AM
Posted by fastec27 on 4/21/2017 12:24:00 AM (view original):
I'm going to post what I put in our coaches corner and I will then not bother putting anything else on the forum. I'm just looking to see where the lines are drawn. Please see below.

I have received a site mail that has made me realize I have grouped winstonis and Buckeyedick in with tigerpark. I want to apologize to those two for doing that without any justification. For that I am sorry. Tigerpark has maintained that if it's out in the open that the Elites are not going to battle for recruits then it's not collusion. Tigerpark is that what you believe and has WIS confirmed your belief? I'm asking because I don't know what you believe? Buckeyedick said in a post "If we spend our money in battles with each other, there would be little left to fight off the rest of you guys" That tells me you guys are not going to compete with each other. Fine. Is saying your not going to compete against certain teams as long as you say it publicly OK with WIS? I have a ticket in with them to try and get some clarity on where the collusion lines lie.
What you are failing to to grasp is that BKDries asked me last season if I would put an end to my recruiting system. In fact he said and I quote, "you are too good of a coach to need a gentlemens agreement." I agreed with him and told him I would no longer use any system. However, having recruited against someone like Buckeye Dick for as many seasons as I have, I know what positions he will break the bank for and what ones I can get from him without a fight. I do not know the notre dame coach well enough (YET) to avoid battles. As you can plainly see with our QB battle this season.
But, I will soon because I am a fast learner and document EVERYTHING.
4/21/2017 9:24 AM
Posted by columbusbuck on 4/20/2017 11:40:00 PM (view original):
Like Fastec, I frequently run around starting threads knowingly and falsely accusing coaches of doing something after I have cursed at them and called them names. Because that's just a rational thing to do.
tiger has told the world that he has negotiated agreements with you on recruits. Are you saying that's false?
4/21/2017 9:52 AM
Posted by kcsundevil on 4/21/2017 9:52:00 AM (view original):
tiger has told the world that he has negotiated agreements with you on recruits. Are you saying that's false?
I have never even played with columbusbuck. If you are referring to buckeyedick, I never came out and said anything about any coach.
4/21/2017 1:40 PM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 4/21/2017 1:40:00 PM (view original):
I have never even played with columbusbuck. If you are referring to buckeyedick, I never came out and said anything about any coach.
And if you are referring to buckeyedick, yes that is false. See fastec27 post above.
4/21/2017 1:57 PM
I got bored reading this, but have followed it from time to time, and it's amazing to me that you guys are gullible enough or nice enough to even give him credit for having a son. Clearly Akite is just a clone team, there's no son.
5/6/2017 2:55 PM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 4/21/2017 1:40:00 PM (view original):
I've seen your public statement to the former Notre Dame coach about buckeye.
5/7/2017 12:56 AM
I played with TigerPark back in the Randolph Macon days, way before D3 was a waste zone. When you could actually do something with those teams.
I'm talking about ten years ago. And, to my mind, we never exchanged sitemails.
5/7/2017 3:47 PM
Posted by columbusbuck on 5/7/2017 3:47:00 PM (view original):
I played with TigerPark back in the Randolph Macon days, way before D3 was a waste zone. When you could actually do something with those teams.
I'm talking about ten years ago. And, to my mind, we never exchanged sitemails.
Mixing up you and buckeye was entirely my error. I apologize.
5/7/2017 5:07 PM
Cry babies, it's just a game.
5/8/2017 10:23 AM
Posted by matthewjohns on 5/8/2017 10:24:00 AM (view original):
Cry babies, it's just a game.
Then why did you get so upset when a couple of Big 12 coaches cast suspicion on you in Dobie? It is, after all, just a game.
5/8/2017 12:04 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8 Next ▸
The Thread That Would Not Die Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.