The Thread That Would Not Die Topic

With all due respect to everyone interested in this thread and others like it.
But Enough All Ready . Zzzzzzzzz.............
2/17/2017 7:33 AM
Posted by genuvar on 2/14/2017 9:44:00 PM (view original):
Yuck. From what I can infer your system involves everyone in the big10 having an agreement on who to go after so you guys don't compete and have an advantage over everyone else in leahy. Pretty disgusting. The big10 should be competing with each other
Uh - they didn't include my team in this little plan.
2/17/2017 4:52 PM
Sorry hawkfan I didnt mean to include you in that statement.. and since he didnt specify who was in agreement I just generalised.
2/17/2017 4:59 PM
Posted by genuvar on 2/17/2017 4:59:00 PM (view original):
Sorry hawkfan I didnt mean to include you in that statement.. and since he didnt specify who was in agreement I just generalised.
That's the problem with this sort of deal-making... not everyone is included. Those who aren't included and/or don't participate are put at a decided disadvantage in their recruiting.

And if literally everyone is involved then this becomes little more than a Football Card swap. "I'll give you this #3 RB and #7 OL for that #2 QB." No thanks!
2/18/2017 2:10 PM
Posted by gt_deuce on 2/18/2017 2:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by genuvar on 2/17/2017 4:59:00 PM (view original):
That's the problem with this sort of deal-making... not everyone is included. Those who aren't included and/or don't participate are put at a decided disadvantage in their recruiting.

And if literally everyone is involved then this becomes little more than a Football Card swap. "I'll give you this #3 RB and #7 OL for that #2 QB." No thanks!
Agreed. What's the point of trading off recruits? I'm here to win at all phases.
2/19/2017 5:02 PM

I'm here to win at all phases.

+1

nitros

2/19/2017 7:09 PM
Posted by orangepace on 2/17/2017 2:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tigerpark135 on 2/16/2017 10:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by orangepace on 2/15/2017 11:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bhazlewood on 2/14/2017 8:50:00 PM (view original):
I'm going to share this without comment.
tigerpark135
To:
bhazlewood
Received:
2/14/2017 7:59:00 PM
Subject:
list sharing- dividing up
I have never done this. What I have been doing is acceptable with in the fairplay guidlines.

People hypothesis what I must have been doing as a result of their own practices.

I would say this on the forum if I could. I am banned for 3 more days because of going off on ESF.

Once again, my practice NEVER EVER involves discussing any recruit what so ever.

WIS has told me in the past that I am well with in my right to use the recruiting practice. People are just ****** they didn't think of it first or once again they are conjuring up the wrong idea.

It would have been easy for me to explain the system to the lynch mob to clear my name but I thought about it and knew that it wasn't breaking any rules and decided that I didn't want to give away trade secrets.

Also, this will be the last season I Pay for my sons account. WIS said he could stay 1000 miles away from Michigan but I respect BK and wanted to do the right thing and eliminate any doubt. I am not the cheater that people think.

Feel free to relay to the forum. or not.
Wait, how did he go from banned for 3 days to literally posting a few hours after this message was time stamped.. This dude is a chronic liar..
admin
To:
tigerpark135
Received:
2/14/2017 7:31:00 AM
Subject:
WIS Terms of Service Violation
Your account has had its posting rights in all Owner Forums revoked for violating our posted terms of use including the following reason(s): Your actions in the Leahy Big Ten Conference Chat are not acceptable..

Because this is your first infraction, your posting rights won't be reinstated until 2/18/2017. Any further terms of service violations will result in a 14 day posting ban for this account.

If you have any questions regarding the matter, you may submit a ticket to our customer support department. If you don't agree with the decision, please be specific with your ticket details.

--Site Staff at WhatIfSports.com
Ok, I stand corrected, somewhat... It appears you didn't lie. However, the ban was lifted? I'm somewhat confused still. How were you able to win on appeal with WIS, asking for a friend...

#FreePotter
Ya get Harry out of that under the stairs cupboard
2/19/2017 7:25 PM
I wanted to revive this post. In Leahy on the first day of recruiting about the second or third cycle and I can't find one recruit that has more then one of the Big Ten (ND,Michigan,Ohio State)Elites on him. They will say a QB but that came after I pointed out the lack of competition. So If I was to site mail the other Big Ten schools and the MAC conference and ASK those coaches to protect any top recruit within their 180. Spend a little more on that guy then they usually would, would that be collusion by the definition WIS has set? I'm not talking about any specific recruit or asking anyone to target a certain school or schools. If you have better ideas I'm all ears. These guys cheat then brag on the boards about what great recruits they have. Makes me sick.

Edit: Added " Big Ten (ND,Michigan,Ohio State)"
4/20/2017 4:10 PM (edited)
This is all pretty disturbing. My goal since I joined Leahy has been to climb up and coach in the Big Ten, even if it's a lower tier team. But, it seems like it could be GD career suicide to jump into a D1 conference and attempt a rebuild with the deck stacked against you. As they say in poker, if you can't spot the sucker at the table, then you ARE the sucker.

Let's just be honest here. Is the Leahy Big Ten rigged to the point where it would be no fun to play there?
4/20/2017 5:35 PM
Haven't read the entire thread, but from my experience at OSU in 2 worlds, B1G elites don't battle that much because it's pretty obvious who everyone is going to go after using Yatzr's tool distance info, because a lot of recruits only have 1 elite <180 miles. Just throwing out guesses at % distribution, I'd say 50% have 1 elite <180 miles, 40% have 2 elites <180 miles, then 10% have 3 elites <180 miles. So naturally, I'm going after the guys where I'm the only elite <180 miles. I probably have 1-2 elite battles per season there max over the ones where 2 elites are <180 miles (almost always OSU vs. Michigan), but it's never a complete bloodbath just because of geography. Most elites will never give up a recruit where they have a distance advantage, so those battles are pretty rare.

That said, one thing that infuriates me is when a coach in any world sitemails me after the first cycle, saying they are going hard after X, Y, and Z who we are both on (usually happens at lower levels that I can remember). Every time I get those I just ignore them and never respond, because it's obviously collusion and a douche thing to do, but I always wonder how other coaches are reacting to the same sitemails. I doubt people are just straight up list-sharing prior to recruiting, but I would guess sitemailing after Cycle 1 is way more common. Stay woke
4/20/2017 5:45 PM

In Leahy on the first day of recruiting about the second or third cycle and I can't find one recruit that has more then one of the Big Ten (ND,Michigan,Ohio State)Elites on him.

I think that answers your question if this is a factual statement. Take a world like Wilkinson for example and see how the first recruiting cycles looks for the Big Ten and compare.

Personally, I will not touch Leahy with a 10 foot pole.

nitros

4/20/2017 6:18 PM
A sitemail from someone telling me which recruits they will be pursuing vigorously. In my second iteration here at WIS, going back to mid 2015, I have never received anything like that from anyone. Weird that you have received not just one but more than one or is it weird that I have not received any?
4/20/2017 6:19 PM
Posted by z32fanatic on 4/20/2017 5:45:00 PM (view original):
Haven't read the entire thread, but from my experience at OSU in 2 worlds, B1G elites don't battle that much because it's pretty obvious who everyone is going to go after using Yatzr's tool distance info, because a lot of recruits only have 1 elite <180 miles. Just throwing out guesses at % distribution, I'd say 50% have 1 elite <180 miles, 40% have 2 elites <180 miles, then 10% have 3 elites <180 miles. So naturally, I'm going after the guys where I'm the only elite <180 miles. I probably have 1-2 elite battles per season there max over the ones where 2 elites are <180 miles (almost always OSU vs. Michigan), but it's never a complete bloodbath just because of geography. Most elites will never give up a recruit where they have a distance advantage, so those battles are pretty rare.

That said, one thing that infuriates me is when a coach in any world sitemails me after the first cycle, saying they are going hard after X, Y, and Z who we are both on (usually happens at lower levels that I can remember). Every time I get those I just ignore them and never respond, because it's obviously collusion and a douche thing to do, but I always wonder how other coaches are reacting to the same sitemails. I doubt people are just straight up list-sharing prior to recruiting, but I would guess sitemailing after Cycle 1 is way more common. Stay woke
I think it's a good policy to ignore sitemails pertaining to recruiting while it's still ongoing. It's my philosophy.

Have you encountered that (XYZ thing) recently? It's been many years of real time since anyone has sitemailed me about recruiting deals or "doing me a favor by letting me know..." If anyone looked at your resume, I think they'd be disinclined to believe that intimidation tactics would have any bearing on your approach. Most people are smart enough not to poke the bear. That kind of sitemail might tempt me to take a harder look at XYZ, even if I wasn't before.
4/20/2017 6:32 PM
Posted by gt_deuce on 4/20/2017 6:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by z32fanatic on 4/20/2017 5:45:00 PM (view original):

I think it's a good policy to ignore sitemails pertaining to recruiting while it's still ongoing. It's my philosophy.

Have you encountered that (XYZ thing) recently? It's been many years of real time since anyone has sitemailed me about recruiting deals or "doing me a favor by letting me know..." If anyone looked at your resume, I think they'd be disinclined to believe that intimidation tactics would have any bearing on your approach. Most people are smart enough not to poke the bear. That kind of sitemail might tempt me to take a harder look at XYZ, even if I wasn't before.
In the last 2yrs I've had it happen several times (usually D2/3, can't remember it at D1). One coach did it two consecutive seasons when I was newly at that level, then after I didn't respond I didn't hear anything from them again. For all I know they're doing that with every coach every season. Funny thing was it's always the top guys, so it's not exactly a shock. Guess what, I'm going hard after that guy everybody wants, how enlightening!
4/20/2017 7:18 PM
Gentlemen, don't get caught up in the fastec conspiracy theory. He has based this on the fact OSU, Michigan and Notre Dame do not do major battles. I have asked him if he has evidence that I am cheating to make us all aware of it. Nothing to date. Instead he calls me an a$$, turd and young punk who knows nothing. (I am 79 years old, but nice to be called a young punk.)
Look at z32fanatic's post above regard Big 10 recruiting. I also have OSU in Stagg and recruiting results are similar to what Z32 fanatic state and Leahy. I have asked fastec if he thinks I am also cheating in Stagg, but doesn't wish to discuss that.
This will go on and on, I am sure, because fastec will drag it out.
If any of you believe there is cheating going on in Big 10 Leahy, let me hear from you. Don't let fastec and his conspiracy theory guide you.
4/20/2017 8:15 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
The Thread That Would Not Die Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.