Request to WIS on Fair Play Guidelines Topic

Sent this ticket in asking for confirmation of Fair Play Guidelines as it relates to Recruiting. I'll post the response I get.

Can you let me know GDs stance on exactly what fair play means as it relates to recruiting?
1. May I discuss lists of recruits with another coach to split up recruits nearby, and agree not to battle with each other? There have been posts that seem to indicate this is not considered a serious violation. If no, what is the penalty for doing so?
2. May I use another account to have a team 1,000 miles away, with the sole purpose of scouting players for my primary team?

It would be helpful to post a reminder given the dominance of this topic and confusion on the boards. I know interacting with paying customers has never been WIS' thing. But, you may want to consider an exception here.
2/14/2017 10:47 PM
1. NO and that is not what I am doing. (despite what you were told) and obviously I have witnesses that can contest to this!
2. NO you don't need to scout at d1 so why would you want to waste the money with a 2nd account?
2/14/2017 11:03 PM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 2/14/2017 11:03:00 PM (view original):
1. NO and that is not what I am doing. (despite what you were told) and obviously I have witnesses that can contest to this!
2. NO you don't need to scout at d1 so why would you want to waste the money with a 2nd account?
1. You wouldn't come to this post unless you actually felt guilt. Chetty didn't mention your name in that original post; so, you felt compelled to post here on your own accord.

2. You absolutely do need to scout at D1. That's ridiculous.
2/14/2017 11:09 PM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 2/14/2017 11:03:00 PM (view original):
1 - *ATTEST to this
2- I would love some extra scouting money at D1. But what do I know about it...
2/14/2017 11:09 PM
Posted by chetty1963 on 2/14/2017 10:47:00 PM (view original):
Sent this ticket in asking for confirmation of Fair Play Guidelines as it relates to Recruiting. I'll post the response I get.

Can you let me know GDs stance on exactly what fair play means as it relates to recruiting?
1. May I discuss lists of recruits with another coach to split up recruits nearby, and agree not to battle with each other? There have been posts that seem to indicate this is not considered a serious violation. If no, what is the penalty for doing so?
2. May I use another account to have a team 1,000 miles away, with the sole purpose of scouting players for my primary team?

It would be helpful to post a reminder given the dominance of this topic and confusion on the boards. I know interacting with paying customers has never been WIS' thing. But, you may want to consider an exception here.
Interesting - they actually deleted my ticket - it's completely gone.

Sure there was sarcasm in it, but honestly I'm asking if the rules are now relaxed on this subject. It floors me that no one at GD can take 5 mins to just put out a post reminding coaches what the rules and guidelines are.

Its literally a 5 minute exercise.
2/15/2017 7:57 AM
Posted by chetty1963 on 2/15/2017 7:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by chetty1963 on 2/14/2017 10:47:00 PM (view original):

Interesting - they actually deleted my ticket - it's completely gone.

Sure there was sarcasm in it, but honestly I'm asking if the rules are now relaxed on this subject. It floors me that no one at GD can take 5 mins to just put out a post reminding coaches what the rules and guidelines are.

Its literally a 5 minute exercise.
I've asked them several times to clarify the language in the guidelines, specifically about the "1,000 mile" rule but also other parts as well. Seems there there are different ways to interpret their language so it would be to their benefit to clarify it.
2/15/2017 8:04 AM
Request to WIS on Fair Play Guidelines Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.