Setting Postseason Roster Topic

When rosters expand and you're setting postseason rosters, I would like to call some guys up to help with player rest and pinch hitting etc. But I'm not ready for them to be permanent MLBers. Would I only call up guys with high patience so I can send them back down next year without getting a ratings drop from it?
2/15/2017 9:36 AM
You can call anyone up and demote them after the season without getting a hit. But make sure they either have options or have cleared waivers. Otherwise, you can't demote until they clear waivers. I highly recommend revocable waivers.
2/15/2017 9:38 AM
Thanks. So after the season as in when my team is out? Or after the world rolls over before next season starts?
2/15/2017 9:44 AM
You can do it once your regular season ends(I wait one full cycle). If you wait til the world rolls, they're on your BL roster the next season.
2/15/2017 9:50 AM
Assuming you're in the playoffs, then you can demote them after your post-season ends.

The only time you're "screwed" would be if you make the World Series. Once the WS ends, the world is frozen and you cannot make any roster moves. So they will rollover on your ML roster and into next season with ML contracts.

You can still demote them before ST games start the following season, but they'll have $343k salaries.
2/15/2017 10:01 AM
Ok and wanting to limit service time, I would just have to do the math, like the more ML games they play this season, I have to hold them out that much longer next season before promoting them and saving a year? (I know you hate that Mike)
2/15/2017 10:17 AM
Yeah, I hate it so much I won't answer. But someone will.
2/15/2017 10:19 AM
Setting Postseason Roster Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.