Recruiting now in Rupp, just noticed that one recruit has changed from yellow to red in 2 categories. Number is still the same, but the color has changed.

Are recruits "improving" during recruiting ... or losing potential?
2/15/2017 11:51 AM
Posted by phalla on 2/15/2017 11:51:00 AM (view original):
Recruiting now in Rupp, just noticed that one recruit has changed from yellow to red in 2 categories. Number is still the same, but the color has changed.

"yellow" Is higher than red, "Red" is lower than yellow.
2/15/2017 12:22 PM
When you look at them at Level 3, the only colors are blue, black & yellow. You have to scout to level 4 to see the green and red variations. So a player could be yellow at Level 3 and either yellow or red at Level 4. A Player could be blue at Level 3 and blue or green at Level 4.
2/15/2017 12:25 PM
Posted by rsvphr on 2/15/2017 12:25:00 PM (view original):
When you look at them at Level 3, the only colors are blue, black & yellow. You have to scout to level 4 to see the green and red variations. So a player could be yellow at Level 3 and either yellow or red at Level 4. A Player could be blue at Level 3 and blue or green at Level 4.
Since he doesn't know his potential colors well. How would you expect him to know that?
2/15/2017 12:27 PM
Since he's seeing red, I would assume that he's at L4.

Seems like a legit question . . . if in fact the numbers aren't changing (he could be mistaken), what could cause the color to downgrade?
2/15/2017 12:37 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 2/15/2017 12:27:00 PM (view original):
Since he doesn't know his potential colors well. How would you expect him to know that?
His question is valid. If a player's potential is going from yellow to red then the only explanation we have is that the player is improving. I know there are people on the forums that think calling out "gotcha" moments makes them look cool, but maybe try to pick your spots better, or just try not being a dick.

Would the change be explained by the level you recruited him at, or did you already have him scouted at 4? I've never seen a player's potential change during recruiting.
2/15/2017 12:38 PM
Posted by mbriese on 2/15/2017 12:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachWard95 on 2/15/2017 12:27:00 PM (view original):
His question is valid. If a player's potential is going from yellow to red then the only explanation we have is that the player is improving. I know there are people on the forums that think calling out "gotcha" moments makes them look cool, but maybe try to pick your spots better, or just try not being a dick.

Would the change be explained by the level you recruited him at, or did you already have him scouted at 4? I've never seen a player's potential change during recruiting.
me too, I haven't seen a player changed potential during recruiting.
2/15/2017 12:42 PM
Customer support would probably have the best answer. I'm not sure anyone here could come up with a logical answer for that happening.
2/15/2017 1:30 PM
This brings up a question I have wondered about. If a player goes to Juco as a Freshman, when he is available to recruit the next year are his potentials the same?

I mean if he was tapped out as a High School Senior, will he still have same future potential after a year in Juco?
2/15/2017 2:04 PM
Ive noticed that when you scout a player (via a scouting trip) from level 3 to level 4 while having his player card up, you will see green, blue, black, and yellow ratings. Some of those yellow ratings are actually red. When you close out the player card and bring it back up, you will now see all the colors, including red. Its a minor glitch I've noticed since 3.0 was rolled out.
2/15/2017 4:46 PM
Posted by phalla on 2/15/2017 11:51:00 AM (view original):

There has been a glitch for some time that when you first scout from Level 3 to Level 4 what shows as yellow the first time you look at the player card will revert to red if you view the same player on the recruiting roster or even if you close and subsequently reopen the player card. I raised the issue in Season 2 or 3 of the beta, so if that sounds like what you're seeing it could be that the issue didn't get fixed for all browsers (although I personally haven't noticed it happening any more since the rollout).

If you're seeing it happen anywhere else then definitely send a ticket with the player names, World, etc. so they can look into it.

ETA: Whoops, didn't read all the posts before answering...Derek said pretty much the same thing above.
2/15/2017 5:26 PM
Wardo, Phalla's DII teams could beat Miles with 4 players. I think he is an OK coach who understands potential. I agree with Derek and Rednu.
2/15/2017 5:49 PM
Posted by wvufan76 on 2/15/2017 2:04:00 PM (view original):
This brings up a question I have wondered about. If a player goes to Juco as a Freshman, when he is available to recruit the next year are his potentials the same?

I mean if he was tapped out as a High School Senior, will he still have same future potential after a year in Juco?
Yes they change, it depends on how much they improved while at JUCO. I signed a FR who was inel and he went juco. Next season I signed him again, and his potential did change. Unfortunately I deleted his ratings/potential after he went JUCO, so I cannot post what exactly changed.
2/15/2017 10:18 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.