Need help w/ D3 formation setup.. Topic

If I setup an offense for example I formation and have the passing% to all zeros and run% to 100% when i go to playbooks and use this formation will it be 100%run or will it default to 80/20 run/pass since it is in D3?
2/15/2017 12:37 PM
80/20 is all you can get out of D3.
2/15/2017 12:45 PM
In the formation you designate what position(s) to target on a pass or what position(s) run the ball.

In the gameplan you determine the pass/run ratio.

In D3 you basically dont get to gameplan all that much.
2/15/2017 1:41 PM
So if i target no one , will my qb still throw the ball 20% of the time
2/15/2017 3:58 PM
I had someone explain to me about this very scenario after setting an 80/20 pass/run ratio and my 1st half results were 70/30 run/pass ratio. It is like having a 10 side dice with 8 sides pass and 2 sides run. If the dice is rolled ten times there is a possibility that 7 runs and only 3 passes come up. The probability and the randomness of the number generator says it should be close to the 80/20 as planned, but not exact. Maybe WIS has built in bad game scenario, which all teams have occasionally. So I plan and hope for the best.

So to answer your question, I think the same philosophy applies to how often the QB passes and to whom.
2/15/2017 6:08 PM
I -think- if you target nobody you just lose the control and the sim will decide the distro... I've never tested it.
2/15/2017 7:04 PM
Need help w/ D3 formation setup.. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.