Old Thread with No Current Relevance Topic

Soonerdream: I know nothing of you or your past in GD. I play in Leahy and Rockne. If you are successful as we all want to be, then wouldn't your goal have been to have 2 of your own teams playing for a National Championship in Dobie?
2/24/2017 10:27 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 2/24/2017 10:16:00 PM (view original):
cheater
Nope, not by WIS Fair Play Guidelines. Explain how its "Cheating" if its legal to have 2 teams in the same world? Want to see my Tickets? It has the WIS Stamp of approval. :)
2/24/2017 10:51 PM
if you got to ask you'll never know
2/24/2017 11:02 PM
Posted by robust_trex on 2/24/2017 10:27:00 PM (view original):
Soonerdream: I know nothing of you or your past in GD. I play in Leahy and Rockne. If you are successful as we all want to be, then wouldn't your goal have been to have 2 of your own teams playing for a National Championship in Dobie?
I cant control how bowl games are scheduled. Read below, says nothing about being matched up in a bowl game.

More than one team in the same world

One person (regardless of account used) cannot control more than one team in the same world within the same conference or within 1,000 miles or less of one another. Violation of this rule will lead to a forced relocation or removal from one of the teams.

12/22/2016 10:58 AM SoonerDream
id like to go to arizona. i just applied for them. is that within the guidelines?
12/22/2016 2:19 PM Customer Support
Yes, that will work just fine.

If you have any issues, please let us know. Thank you!

Collusive transactions

Collusion includes any act that supports bad, deceitful or illegal behavior agreed upon by two or more users or attempted by a single user. Here are a few examples:

• Discussing the pursuit of a recruit with another coach, including who is pursuing him and money that might have been spent.
  • Sharing Future Stars Scouting (FSS) information between multiple teams
  • Scheduling a non-conference game against an alias team (i.e. team owned by same owner in a different conference and more than 1,000 miles away). Exhibition games are permitted in this situation, however.
  • Any clear throwing of a game (normally indicated by massive lineup changes or settings changes)
  • Specifically targeting another coach is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, focusing on recruits a particular coach is pursuing in order to steal them or force the coach to overspend.
  • Attempting to persuade another user to participate in a collusive effort (only the initiator would be at fault unless agreed upon by other user)
2/24/2017 11:03 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 2/24/2017 11:02:00 PM (view original):
if you got to ask you'll never know
2/24/2017 11:14 PM
The bottom line is that having two teams in the same world is legal. It always has been. Am I crazy about it? No, but I understand the reasons why GD wants it, and I can respect the reasons why coaches want it also. And honestly, it if helps populate the worlds a little more, then it's a good thing.

Not that I think anyone that cheats really cares about my opinion or anyone else's. But, I really hope they look at themselves in the mirror, and ask themselves if this is who they truly want to be. In order to make yourself competitive by 1) swapping names with another coach, 2) agreeing on "territories", 3) using your ID's to help scout for each other, 4) targeting a competitive coach with one of your IDs to benefit your "primary" team, and/or 5) scheming another way of using one team to the other team's advantage, then knock yourselves out.

Nothing I say or anyone else says will stop those coaches that get their jollies from cheating at a simulation football game. If that's you, then so be it. I'll continue to win regardless of what you do. But, I hope you figure out that there's a better way. It's never too late to decide to live your life as a man of integrity..
2/25/2017 2:25 PM
As I blaze the chronic like a champion, I ponder a bit...

The original question was "Do we need to re write the fair play guidelines?".

My stance is that if we have coaches that have two accounts they will break the rules. I have said this. But I am an open minded person.

What if we allowed all cheating?

Hear me out here, its just an idea.

All coaches can have all the accounts with all the teams in all the worlds that they want. We can contact each other and talk to each other about recruits. Send list. Make alliances. Make enemies. Work together or tear each other apart. We could work together as a conference or battle each other for regional superiority. There would be back door deals and brutal back stabbings on the recruiting trail. Friendships will fall apart over the top talent!

If you have listened to my show you know that I am not fond of the "elites" and the way this game handles them. But I am open minded.

In real life there are teams that do have more resources. But also in real life I can get information on what schools have offered what recruits. I can find out what coaches are recruiting which players. I can see what players are spending official visits and unofficial visits at what schools. I can see who has "verbally" committed to a team and who has not. I can log onto scout.com and find out where exactly Jim Harbaugh and his entire staff are recruiting that day.

In real life there are elites that have more resources, but the other teams can see exactly where they are spending their resources. And they can respond.

We all want to win. Top coaches will not just give up the best players. But it could be interesting to see what would happen.

There would still be battles. Maybe even more cross conference battles. Pac12 vs Big12. SEC vs ACC. Big East vs Big 10. Because there could be whole conferences that try to work together. But it would not always work. There would always be disagreements and battles for the best players.

I think it would eliminate any potential for cheating. We would still have in place our system of schollys and distance and money. But there would be more transparency among coaches about recruits.

There could be some cool dynamics that happen do to the regional differences, and all dynamics would get thrown into disarray with coaching changes.

Speaking of coaching changes, if we did this it would add another layer to picking your next job. Maybe stay away from schools that are close to strong well known alliances. Or try to take jobs to break up powerful alliances.

Just a thought I had while reading some of these comments. Let me know what ya think.

2/25/2017 5:09 PM (edited)
I don't want to play Diplomacy©, I just want to recruit my stupid fake football players and not have to worry about the ever increasing numbers of losers who have to cheat in this stupid fake football game.
2/25/2017 5:28 PM
So...stupid idea.
2/25/2017 6:56 PM
Posted by chrondon84 on 2/25/2017 6:56:00 PM (view original):
So...stupid idea.
Don't be so hard on yourself - that comment was just mine. It's good to have ideas. I just find it discouraging how cavalier so many different owners seem to be about willfully violating the the guidelines.
2/25/2017 7:10 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 2/25/2017 7:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by chrondon84 on 2/25/2017 6:56:00 PM (view original):
So...stupid idea.
Don't be so hard on yourself - that comment was just mine. It's good to have ideas. I just find it discouraging how cavalier so many different owners seem to be about willfully violating the the guidelines.
what "Guideline" am I violating? Ive done everything by the book and have kept in touch with wis about this. it seems the majority of coaches still think its a violation just to have 2 teams. Well I do, get used to it! Cant we all just be friends?
2/25/2017 7:35 PM
Sooner, I wasn't really referring to you. From your previous post it looks like once you were made aware that you were in violation you moved a team.
2/25/2017 7:53 PM
The statement that if you have 2 ideas you will cheat is very very wrong. Will people cheat yes but I can name at least half a dozen coaches that have 2 IDs have told other coaches about them and do not cheat.

Once again, do people cheat by using 2 IDS in one world? Yes. Does everyone with 2 IDS cheat? Absolutely not. Just because as an individual you can't understand why people would want 2 IDs in the world and not plan to use them to cheat doesn't mean it's not possible. Your not gonna stop them by making sure no one can have 2 IDS in the same world. It's an impossible rule to enforce and WIS would never even try to enforce it. Too much work on their end.

Stop throwing everyone with 2 IDS in 1 world into the same category. It's very simple minded.
2/25/2017 7:58 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 2/25/2017 7:53:00 PM (view original):
Sooner, I wasn't really referring to you. From your previous post it looks like once you were made aware that you were in violation you moved a team.
well beans
2/25/2017 9:12 PM
Posted by truedevil33 on 2/25/2017 7:58:00 PM (view original):
The statement that if you have 2 ideas you will cheat is very very wrong. Will people cheat yes but I can name at least half a dozen coaches that have 2 IDs have told other coaches about them and do not cheat.

Once again, do people cheat by using 2 IDS in one world? Yes. Does everyone with 2 IDS cheat? Absolutely not. Just because as an individual you can't understand why people would want 2 IDs in the world and not plan to use them to cheat doesn't mean it's not possible. Your not gonna stop them by making sure no one can have 2 IDS in the same world. It's an impossible rule to enforce and WIS would never even try to enforce it. Too much work on their end.

Stop throwing everyone with 2 IDS in 1 world into the same category. It's very simple minded.
I agree that not all coaches with multiple IDs cheat. But, what I will say, is that we need to watch the behavior of these coaches closely.

I'm just baffled that these coaches that cheat have such low belief in their own abilities that they feel the need to cheat, especially those that coach elites.
2/25/2017 9:57 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Old Thread with No Current Relevance Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.