Old Thread with No Current Relevance Topic

My two cents.

We, as a community, have a passion about this game that others, including WIS support, do not. It is the extra things provided by this community (GUESS, Yatzr, Twitter, podcasts, etc.), that make this game what it is. Similar to the wave of populism sweeping the globe, the "people" have to decide our destiny. WE decide. WE have the power. WE decide the "moral compass" of this game, not necessarily the "official" rules.

There are things I disagree with: multiple teams in same division and world, recruiting chatter of any kind (since i found out it is frowned upon), targeting coaches and the fact that the simulation hates the Wishbone. Other than the clear programming bias toward the greatest offensive scheme in the history of football, I think a group of men from diverse backgrounds and ages can work it out amongst ourselves. Not blather in the forums, not winge about it, but work it out.

My solution: Pick a commitee of 12 established coaches. They articulate what we want. Write the damn rules WE want. TELL the slackers at WIS this is what is going to happen or we will walk out and take our money with us. Altruistic? Sure. Naive? Possibly. BUT...arguing with EACH OTHER is fruitless, pointless, counterproductive, stress inducing and quite frankly degrades the members of this community.

We are better than this. It is OUR money, but most importantly, it is OUR game.

Namaste.

Dalai Lama
2/26/2017 9:15 PM
With all due respect, I do not agree with a "select committee" deciding anything. Way too political. This is a pay to play. WIS either has or does not have rules and gets to choose how to apply them.
i don't agree with some of their decisions now and in the past, but I keep sending money. This game belongs to them and as long as they get paid by us, it will remain that way since they clearly do NOT currently care what we think as customers.
2/26/2017 9:36 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 2/26/2017 8:59:00 PM (view original):
we're not really arguing

we're more name calling

i bring so much to the forums

i can take the thread name change two ways
  1. bhazlewood does not appreciate me high-jacking his thread
  2. bhazlewood is soonerdream
rofl Bagchucker. That's hilarious
2/26/2017 9:40 PM
If I had to guess, Chron and Bag are one in the same. Or is it the other way around?
2/26/2017 9:43 PM
and bhazlewood...were not arguing lol. its all fun and games, no arguments. Bag isnt serious and neither am I
2/26/2017 9:48 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 2/26/2017 8:59:00 PM (view original):
we're not really arguing

we're more name calling

i bring so much to the forums

i can take the thread name change two ways
  1. bhazlewood does not appreciate me high-jacking his thread
  2. bhazlewood is soonerdream
The winner is -- #1.
2/27/2017 10:48 AM
time flies
10/2/2018 5:23 AM
I believe that Bagchucker is Chron's real life dad. Am I correct Bag or Chron ?
10/2/2018 5:37 PM
“My solution: Pick a commitee of 12 established coaches.
With all due respect, I do not agree with a "select committee" deciding anything. Way too political.”

Have to agree with holdaway, unless you want to go back to the day when you were unassailable once you got to the top. I think pkoopman and MikeT23 already discussed this.
10/2/2018 10:38 PM
If I battle another coach and spend $80-100K and lose the recruit, is it against the rules to ask the other coach how much they spent?
10/3/2018 3:37 PM
Posted by mojolad on 10/2/2018 5:37:00 PM (view original):
you are

mesplayjj & jimbloslice too, but they only play the baseball sim i think, and one of them mighta quit it
10/4/2018 12:49 AM (edited)
Posted by bagchucker on 10/4/2018 12:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mojolad on 10/2/2018 5:37:00 PM (view original):
you are

mesplayjj & jimbloslice too, but they only play the baseball sim i think, and one of them mighta quit it
Thank You Sir.
10/4/2018 2:58 AM

10/4/2018 8:42 PM
i was thinking about this picture

boblingen FRG

and the skinny little gun tube on that M60A1

about the time i left they were upgrading the A1s to A3s

upgrading the 105 to 120. no longer rifle bored but fin stabilized

more pop due to payload, less zip due to drag

more accuracy due to gun sight technology

but what i was thinking was

how the peashooter 88 dominated the tactical battlefield in 1943 and it was designed as a AA gun

mother humper
9/15/2021 11:38 AM
I just wish I had the time and energy to be as enterprising as some of you guys. I keep learning new ideas from these threads.

Sometimes these threads can be more entertaining that the actual game itself!
9/15/2021 2:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Old Thread with No Current Relevance Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.