Wilkinson Hall of Fame - 1st Class Nominations Topic

As Chetty had mentioned previously, we are creating a Wilkinson Hall of Fame!

The nominees for the inaugural class of the #WILK-HOF, in no particular order: Following this post will be resumes and a short nomination write-up for each candidate.

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR VOTES TO CHETTY1963 BY SUNDAY, FEB 19TH @ MIDNIGHT! HOF APPOINTEES TO BE ANNOUNCED WITH POSTSEASON START!
chetty1963
2/15/2017 8:59 PM (edited)
Bkdries: A mainstay in D1A for over 94 seasons, it's my pleasure to declare Bkdries as an inaugural nominee for induction into the Wilkinson Hall of Fame. Bkdries has been at Texas for the last 48 seasons, amassing a record of 613-76, 10 National Championships (16 appearances) and 26 B12 Conference Championships. Before taking over the Elite, Bkdries spent 46 other seasons across D1A -- with the majority of those seasons at Rutgers, Utah and Syracuse -- compiling a record of 514-147, 1 NC (2 apps) and 14 CC's. Although Bkdries took the fast road to D1A -- 7 seasons combined at D1AA, D2 and D3 -- it wasn't without collecting some hardware along the way. He spent 4 seasons in D2, losing in his only NC appearance; and in his lone season at D1AA with Yale, carried them to a 19-0 record and a NC.

Before I wrap up Bkdries accomplishments, there is another highlight to be noted on this HOF worthy resume -- spanning the last 32 seasons at Texas, Bkdries has appeared in 15 NC games, winning 9. To do the quick math, that's 47% of the NC games. Within that 32 seasons, there was one stretch of 16 seasons -- Season 109 through 124, to be exact -- where he appeared in 11 NC games, winning 7. That's a whopping 69% of the NC games over a 16 season span. [For those wondering, from Season 109 onward, D1A has been at least at 50% capacity.] Words cannot do this feat justice.

Without further ado, Bkdries resume:
  • Overall Record: 1,222-239 -- Win %: 83.6% / NC's: 12 (20 app's) / CC's: 43
  • D1A Record: 1,127-223 -- W%: 83.5% / NC's: 11 (18 app's) / CC's: 40
  • D1AA Record: 19-0 -- W%: 100.0% / NC's: 1 (1 app) / CC's: 1
  • D2 Record: 52-11 -- W%: 82.5% / NC's: 0 (1 app) / CC's: 1

2/15/2017 8:56 PM
Pete_61: Analogizing to the real world, Pete's reign in Wilkinson D1AA would rank among the greatest empires the world has ever seen. For those who don't know Pete, he is one of the most humble coaches in all of GD. If you're one of the lucky few to have defeated Pete, his appreciation for the competition and his instantaneous "congratulations," tend to make you feel somewhat guilty for trying as hard as you did in the first place. Pete is an enigma, no question about it. This enigma has spent the last 54 seasons -- his entire D1AA tenure -- in the OVC.

Pete's first dynasty began at Jacksonville State, where he compiled 529 wins, 14 NC's and 29 CC's. Pete's built the Gamecocks from the ground up, taking over a team that had been SIM for the 10 seasons prior. It took 9 seasons for him to appear in and win his first NC with the Gamecocks. Over the subsequent 13 seasons, he rolled to a record of 178-23, including appearing in the NC game twice and winning one. Feeling unsatisfied, Pete then unleashed a state of pandemonium on the Wilkinson world. Over the next 13 seasons, Pete destroyed all competition to the tune of 207-2, appearing in and winning 12 NC's. This included a run of 11 consecutive NC's.

While for most, that may be enough.. for Pete, it presented a new challenge in the form of Eastern Kentucky. Pete has spent the last 20 seasons at EKU, building the team from scratch and compiling a 275-47 record. It took Pete 5 seasons to reach his first NC and 9 before he won his first with EKU. Not to worry, he's back at it again, having won 5 of the last 7 NC's in Wilk D1AA.

Pete_61 resume:
  • Overall Record: 866-138 -- Win %: 86.2% / NC's: 20 (22 app's) / CC's: 34
  • D1AA Record: 804-104 -- W%: 88.5% / NC's: 20 (22 app) / CC's: 34
  • NC Record: 20-2 -- W%: 90.9%
2/15/2017 8:57 PM
Ez37: Ez37 has been around the Wilkinson world since the caveman 1.0 days. He took a hiatus from Seasons 23-40, but otherwise has been involved in the world for every other season. Ez, much like Pete is extremely humble. Although humble, never meet this man on the golf course. He'll leave your wallet empty and you at the range searching for answers. Back to GD, Ez's had stops with various teams throughout the D1A and D1AA levels, but the theme remains the same.. The more tools you give this guy, the more he'll show you how to use them.

Beginning with Season 101, Ez began his most recent trek through the D1A levels, starting at Minnesota. While at Minnesota, Ez took Minnesota to 223 Wins over 18 Seasons (12.3 per for those doing the math at home). Ez won 8 conference championships and 12 Level 5 Bowls, including the WIS Championship in Season 110. Though he wasn't victorious in his lone appearance in the NC game, his sustained success at this non-elite should not be discounted. He then took this resume and parlayed that into a job with USC; beginning in Season 119. Through the next 10 seasons, Ez elevated USC to another level. He has compiled 130 wins, 7 CC's and 3 NC's, appearing in 6. Additionally, Ez has never missed a Level 5 Bowl in all his seasons at USC. This is an incredible feat in a world as heavily populated as Wilkinson has been the last 10 seasons.

Ez's historic resume is not limited to his run at D1A. Prior to jumping to Minnesota, Ez was at Florida A&M. Ez has spent 52 seasons total with Florida A&M in Wilk, bringing the program to a National Power. Ez totaled 765 wins, 24 CC's and 10 NC appearances. He won 4 of those NC appearances. I can tell you that other than Pete, Ez has had one of the most successful D1AA runs in Wilkinson history.

Ez37 resume:
  • Overall Record: 1,455-265 -- Win %: 84.6% / NC's: 7 (17 app's) / CC's: 43
  • D1A Record: 486-89 -- W%: 84.5% / NC's: 3 (7 app's) / CC's: 18
  • D1AA Record: 866-135 -- W%: 86.5% / NC's: 4 (10 app) / CC's: 25
Gators06: Gators06 has been a mainstay at the D2 level here in Wilk. Instead of thinking, "this is the only coach that made the HOF nomination finalists with a resume built largely on a resume at D2", this was not a case of "in"clusivity. I emphatically note that this coaches success stands on it's own and would have translated well at any level.

Gators has been terrorizing the Wilkinson world since Season 76. The move to D2 came in Season 82, taking over St. Joseph's. 47 Seasons removed from that jump, Gators hasn't left. Upon arriving at St. Joseph's, the school was coming off a 5 season run totaling 13-53; a 19.7% win ratio. That first season, Gators choreographed St. Joseph's to a 9-5 record and a playoff bid. The next 3 seasons saw continual growth from the team as the losses dropped to 4, 4 and 3. The following season, Gators led St. Joseph's to a 17-1 record and their first trip to the Final Four. St. Joseph's hasn't looked back since, as they've never lost more than 2 games in a season since Season 85. Considering the growth within the Wilkinson world over the years and thus, the influx of well seasoned coaches to the world, this is an incredible feat. A one loss season typically would make me feel all giddy inside, however, to gators06, this is just another day at work.

Gators06 elevated St. Joseph's to his 1st NC appearance in season 91 and took the hardware home. From then on, he has been no stranger to the NC picture, having appeared in the game a total of 18 times and winning 10 of those. One particular period of note spanned Season 100 through 113, a total of 14 seasons. During this period, Gators appeared in 11 NC's and won 7 times. Further, from Season 106 to 113, Gators appeared in all 8 NC games and won 5. Such sustained success is incredible in any world, let alone Wilkinson.

Gators06 resume:
  • Overall Record: 842-69 -- Win %: 92.4% / NC's: 10 (18 app's) / CC's: 41
  • D2 Record: 773-55 -- W%: 93.4% / NC's: 10 (18 app's) / CC's: 41
Tkechub: Tkechub is likely a HOF across all of GD, however, has earned his nomination into Wilkinson on it's own accord. He has controlled the most desirable elite program in Wilkinson D1A, Penn State, for the last 58 seasons.

Tkechub has owned while at Penn State. Many have tried and falled to tkechub, as evidenced by the 735 wins and 20 conference championships in a what always has been a loaded Big Ten. In fact, several coaches included in this initial HOF nominations ballot have tried and failed. Tkechub has guided Penn State to 8 NC's in 14 appearances. Tkechub also has had stints with LSU and Minnesota, culminating in 61 wins over 5 seasons and 229 wins over 22 seasons, respectively.

While tkechub has spent the majority of his coaching tenure in Wilkinson at the D1A level, he also went 28-5 in his 2 seasons at D1AA and 192-24 in his 13 seasons at D2. While at D2, he managed to win his first NC in the Wilkinson world and 8 conference championships.

Tkechub's resume:
  • Overall Record: 1,270-252 -- Win %: 83.4% / NC's: 9 (15 app's) / CC's: 29
  • D1A Record: 1,025-196 -- W%: 83.9% / NC's: 8 (14 app's) / CC's: 20
  • D1AA Record: 28-5 -- W%: 84.8% / CC's: 1
  • D2 Record: 192-24 -- W%: 88.9% / NC's: 1 (1 app's) / CC's: 8
nice job with the advocacy
2/15/2017 10:22 PM
Do we vote for one or multiple nominees?
2/15/2017 11:01 PM
In this class, you vote for two.
2/16/2017 7:55 AM
This is a joke!! I mean really a joke. There are far more candidates deserving to be in this class than some of the ones that are in here. This is like a High School Prom Queen selection and the nominees are the ones that play good and keep their mouth shut and try to get on everyone's good side.

TKE has no business being in this group at all. I don't care if he is "good" he is not "HOF" material. He has the best team in any world with the best recruiting area and hasn't won a NC in 31 seasons. The only thing keeping him at Penn St is that he doesn't have a Sandusky touching little boys to cause him to lose his job.

Bkdries is deserving to be in this nomination because he has built a dynasty at Texas.

We all know pete is probably the best at this game and is well deserved to be in the running and should be the first selection on everyone's ballot.

gators06, he is in D2!! If he is deserving to be nominated for anything then he should move up and play with the big boys instead of toying around with the small guys in D2.

Ez did a good job building Minnesota, he did great at USC....until he finally had some competition in the Pac when Jasonfreeman joined and is giving him a run for his money for the best recruits out west.

Where the hell is orangepace in this? Just because he is in the committee shouldn't take away from him being one of the finalist. He is the second best coach in D1AA right behind pete and I think he is deserving to be on the ballot.

This is by far the worst selections I have ever seen. This is why I don't participate that much in these shenanigans you come up with. #WhatAJoke
2/16/2017 3:56 PM
Posted by cfbfan18 on 2/16/2017 3:56:00 PM (view original):
This is a joke!! I mean really a joke. There are far more candidates deserving to be in this class than some of the ones that are in here. This is like a High School Prom Queen selection and the nominees are the ones that play good and keep their mouth shut and try to get on everyone's good side.

TKE has no business being in this group at all. I don't care if he is "good" he is not "HOF" material. He has the best team in any world with the best recruiting area and hasn't won a NC in 31 seasons. The only thing keeping him at Penn St is that he doesn't have a Sandusky touching little boys to cause him to lose his job.

Bkdries is deserving to be in this nomination because he has built a dynasty at Texas.

We all know pete is probably the best at this game and is well deserved to be in the running and should be the first selection on everyone's ballot.

gators06, he is in D2!! If he is deserving to be nominated for anything then he should move up and play with the big boys instead of toying around with the small guys in D2.

Ez did a good job building Minnesota, he did great at USC....until he finally had some competition in the Pac when Jasonfreeman joined and is giving him a run for his money for the best recruits out west.

Where the hell is orangepace in this? Just because he is in the committee shouldn't take away from him being one of the finalist. He is the second best coach in D1AA right behind pete and I think he is deserving to be on the ballot.

This is by far the worst selections I have ever seen. This is why I don't participate that much in these shenanigans you come up with. #WhatAJoke
cfbfan my friend... feel free to vote accordingly :)
2/16/2017 4:25 PM

I keep my mouth shut and try to get on everyone's good side? You clearly don't know me. But I am super happy that there is a chance I could be voted prom queen. I wonder if I can find high heels in size 12.
2/16/2017 5:22 PM
Posted by gators06 on 2/16/2017 5:22:00 PM (view original):

I keep my mouth shut and try to get on everyone's good side? You clearly don't know me. But I am super happy that there is a chance I could be voted prom queen. I wonder if I can find high heels in size 12.
You're right I don't know you. You are in D2 and I don't keep up with that level. Good luck finding them heels, though you won't need them. It's clearly bkdries and pete_61 in a runaway.
2/16/2017 5:31 PM
Posted by cfbfan18 on 2/16/2017 5:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gators06 on 2/16/2017 5:22:00 PM (view original):

You're right I don't know you. You are in D2 and I don't keep up with that level. Good luck finding them heels, though you won't need them. It's clearly bkdries and pete_61 in a runaway.
That's the two I'm voting for. Since you don't know me, why are you taking shots at me? Tells a lot about you.
2/16/2017 5:39 PM
Why not do this with Coaches that only do one team? Not half a dozen teams or more.
2/16/2017 7:41 PM
12345 Next ▸
Wilkinson Hall of Fame - 1st Class Nominations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.