I seem to recall there being a rule in place so that players wouldn't leave early if it was going to leave you below a certain number of scholarship players but I can't remember if that was 2.0, Beta or 3.0 or how it exactly worked. Can anyone help?
2/16/2017 12:54 PM
I know there was a rule like that in 2.0 but I am not sure if it exists in 3.0. I know Stewdog got clobbered once with like 5 EEs shortly after 3.0 started, but he may have only had one senior.
2/16/2017 1:20 PM
If I'm remembering correctly an EE wasn't supposed to drop you below 6 players but that could be wishful thinking.
2/16/2017 1:27 PM
The HD 2.0 rule is still in place but its not based on how many scholarship players remain but how many players depart.

The existing rule is no team will lose any additional EE players once you have lost a total of 6 departing players (due to graduations/transfers/EEs).

Walk-ons and SR transfer recruits (those that you recruited in the previous season that only had 1 more year of eligibility) do *NOT* count towards that limit.

Ex. If your existing roster had 5 seniors (1 of which was a 1 yr transfer signee), 2 walk-ons and 5 others, you could lose up to 2 EEs (since only 4 of your 5 seniors was on your roster for at least more than 1 season).
2/16/2017 1:30 PM
Thanks for the clarification buddha that's exactly what I needed to know.
2/16/2017 2:02 PM
Follow up 6 months later, does this rule mean that Transfers occur before EEs.
8/15/2017 4:21 PM
Transfers occur at the exact same time EEs occur. However, in HD 3.0, they are no longer announced in News and the only people to know who left are the coaches who lost them. You now have to "discover" these transfers (some will contact a number of schools within a specified range of where they're now located). Also once you have discovered them, you might be able to see their actual ratings by going to their old school and seeing if they appeared in any of their games and just clicking on their name.
8/15/2017 10:30 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.