Four Way Battle Topic

Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 9:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/1/2017 9:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 8:47:00 AM (view original):
Mike : but once you strike out, you are done. It needs to be more strategic or you need ways to recuperate. Now, once you lost, you are done.. and it's not positive. Imagine D1 teams in tark are near 150... like it was. It will make many quit because they can't control their destiny.
When you're competing for players with those 150(or 57 if that's the new number), you are not going to win every one. And, I guess I'll keep repeating it, other users are going after your other options while you're fighting for #1. They're trying to win too.

I guess the best way to put it is some of the users accustomed to going 30-3 or 28-4 season after season are going to have to accept a miserable 21-9 when they miss all their targets. Class distribution has probably taken on more importance. Teams that require 11-12 players to run their O/D probably have to adjust when they lose battles. The game has changed.
We need options when we lose, that's what I
am saying. Losing is part of the game, I accept it.
There are options before the loss. There are no safety nets when you go big. Big, bold risks are phenomenal when they hit (ask any oil wildcatter). But the downside to big, bold risk is colossal loss.

If you really are sinking every available resource, including all AP, into a small basket of recruits, then I doubt there would be no complaints when you are awarded the recruit against a 76? chance of loss.
3/1/2017 9:30 AM
Mike : but once you strike out, you are done. It needs to be more strategic or you need ways to recuperate. Now, once you lost, you are done.. and it's not positive. Imagine D1 teams in tark are near 150... like it was. It will make many quit because they can't control their destiny.
When you're competing for players with those 150(or 57 if that's the new number), you are not going to win every one. And, I guess I'll keep repeating it, other users are going after your other options while you're fighting for #1. They're trying to win too.

I guess the best way to put it is some of the users accustomed to going 30-3 or 28-4 season after season are going to have to accept a miserable 21-9 when they miss all their targets. Class distribution has probably taken on more importance. Teams that require 11-12 players to run their O/D probably have to adjust when they lose battles. The game has changed.
You need options BEFORE you lose.

But, barring that, there are options AFTER you lose. But they're not as good as your first choice. Nor should they be.
3/1/2017 9:34 AM

"We need options when we lose".

That sounds like you have a sense of entitlement. "I spent all my money. I need to be assured that I'll have something to show for it."

That's not how it works. You can continue to complain about it, or you can adapt and figure out another approach to recruiting. Which may involve knowing when to back out of battles early when the odds are against you, so that you DO have other options.
3/1/2017 9:34 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/1/2017 8:38:00 AM (view original):
only, I'll save you some time. I blocked you last night. You did a fine job of trolling. You sucked me in. You'd probably do it today. I don't have time for it. You're not interested in discussion. You're just trolling. And, unlike good ol' Matt, I don't bother to read those I block. That's why they're blocked. Your attention whoring will go unnoticed. Have a wonderful day.
I find this ironic..

arent you the one who goes nuts criticizing others when they say they blocked you? Hilarious.
3/1/2017 9:54 AM
I was saving him some time. I thought I was doing him a favor as he'd made 15 or so posts last night and 3-4 this morning(out of like 24 total). I'm assuming this AM was addressed to me. Maybe not.

Either way, he did a fine job of trolling. I chased him right down the rabbit hole. So, in a way, I was complimenting him.
3/1/2017 10:07 AM
So you should be feel complimented everytime someone announces they blocked you.
3/1/2017 10:09 AM
FWIW, no one who claims to have blocked me told me. They made some grand statement about how the forums were so much better AFTER blocking me. It's kinda different. But, if you'd like, I'll delete the post. Because, if the HD Hypocrite of all Hypocrites thinks I'm being a hypocrite, he'd definitely know.
3/1/2017 10:09 AM
You guys do not understand all recruits are contested....
3/1/2017 10:10 AM
Posted by Benis on 3/1/2017 10:09:00 AM (view original):
So you should be feel complimented everytime someone announces they blocked you.
Sort of. I don't care. I recommend it if my posts bother them.
3/1/2017 10:10 AM
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 10:10:00 AM (view original):
Sure we do. You don't understand that when you lose, you lose and no one is waiting for you to chase your other options. They're already on them.
3/1/2017 10:11 AM
Yet D3's are signing D1 recruits with growth potential.

HBD has a version of THAT user: tank their record, runs low payroll, signs highly coveted, talented International Free Agent's for 3-5-10 seasons, once they have 25 All-Stars at all positions moves them all to the majors at same time, runs up a 110+ regular season record, then complains when they don't win World Series; repeats strategy. Meanwhile someone is putting together a solid team with reasonable priced FA's, getting 90 wins and winning the World Series.
3/1/2017 10:17 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/1/2017 10:09:00 AM (view original):
FWIW, no one who claims to have blocked me told me. They made some grand statement about how the forums were so much better AFTER blocking me. It's kinda different. But, if you'd like, I'll delete the post. Because, if the HD Hypocrite of all Hypocrites thinks I'm being a hypocrite, he'd definitely know.
Wow that is a pretty lofty title. I'm flattered.
3/1/2017 10:22 AM
Posted by Benis on 3/1/2017 10:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/1/2017 10:09:00 AM (view original):
Wow that is a pretty lofty title. I'm flattered.
Them's the breaks.

You earned it.
3/1/2017 10:23 AM
I do understand, and that's exactly how it should be, at least regarding the valuable recruits. If you want options, you develop them from the start. If your top priority is guard, let's say your top choice is a semi-local 5 star 700 OVR guard; a legitimate plan B could be the 40th ranked pg in the country, 580 with good potential. Backup might be a 520 international, with potential, but a flaw (maybe he can't shoot). Maybe the first guy makes you a national contender, the second keeps you in contention for the conference championship, and the last guy makes sure you don't sink to the bottom of the conference if you're not able to get a better option by his senior year. So you throw 40 AP/cycle (after a bigger dump the first cycle or two, to unlock actions asap) at the first guy, 10 at the second, 1 for the last. If you have 3 scholarships worth of resources, that means you 30 left to try to nab another player or two. No one can easily see who you're battling for anymore, so you don't have to worry about that. You can spread them out as far as you want. You have to decide how you prioritize. That's your strategy.
3/1/2017 10:30 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/1/2017 6:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by all2matt on 2/28/2017 10:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/28/2017 9:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all2matt on 2/28/2017 4:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/28/2017 4:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all2matt on 2/28/2017 4:44:00 PM (view original):
I unblocked u last week to see what all the nonsense was about. And it wasn't me that reported you for whatever you are saying I did. I wouldn't do that I much prefer you saying dumb things. Your kinda like trump the more you say the better the entertainment. I'd be the last one jump out and be the PC police, that in my opinion is pretty stupid, let people say all the dumb things they want, it gives us a better picture of who they are instead of some crappy sensorship.
Block me again. I'm sure it was you who cried to ADMIN. But don't worry if I'm saying something about you behind that block. I'm not.
Paranoia seems to be getting the best of you, I hope it's not affecting your coaching ability?

now again back to my question: can you teach me how to be great at HD, I'm starting up another team that's full of walkon sim recruits thats only won 6 games the previous 2 seasons (CAL pac10 wooden). I just want to make sure I don't screw things up. What's your strategy for getting top notch talent so quickly?
The key is not whining about everything that doesn't go your way. At this point, you're a 2 y/o who spilled his cereal. But, as you mature, you'll learn that life isn't always suckling at mommy's teat. The world wasn't built just for you.
I just played in a DI natl champ game with a team built from a D+ prestige so I don't see where u see the whining, it's called winning. I've done what 3.0 is designed for, how about you? It sounds like your the one having issue with the new system not giving a notorious HD failure some wins.

So again: how about sharing your winning ways, go ahead and teach us some your tricks?
I bet your parents are proud.

"This is Mark. He's a doctor. Here's a pic of his sister Carol. She's a student at Harvard. And, finally, here's Matt. He just played a D1 National Championship game."

"Oh, he's a basketball coach. Which school?"

"It's a sim game on the internet. He's pretty good."

Also, tell the hot chick at the bar about your HD success. She'll be really turned on.
It's my wife that's the doctor but thanks for noticing
3/1/2017 11:06 AM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...21 Next ▸
Four Way Battle Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.