Four Way Battle Topic

APs should be capped (as in the total amount you can give), have less value, or have diminishing returns, because the reason why you can't develop backup options in a battle is because if you drop the AP ball for 2 cycles to unlock another recruit, your now down a considerable amount in the battle and there is no way to make it up because most likely the other team won't drop the AP ball and you can't catch back up.

I hate the "quit if you don't like it" because the whole reason the whole system is screwed is because a small amount of people whined enough to get the admin to change it, and now that they got their change they are saying to everyone else stfu.

You cant honestly tell me that this recruiting system is perfect, there are changes to be made. We have to discuss issues in order to find the best solution.

Mike, your such an annoying person, I blocked you, and now all I see when I scroll down posts is 20 billion banners, and a bunch of retarded off topic arguments directed at you. You are a poison to this forum, you don't contribute anything helpful it's all "stop whining" "I play HBD" "quit if you don't like it" " you lost get over it". Your arguments are so dumb it's ridiculous.

If you remove the caps on HVs and CVs it won't be the same as the old system because there will still be dice rolls, but it will allow people to actually put a priority on players and put more money into players that are important to them. It would allow smaller prestige schools to fight for players with the big guys because they can put a high priority on a player and knock off the big guys that don't care that much about that particular player. 20 HVs is not enough of a spread, it should at least be like a 30 cap or 40, so teams will have to chose between investing fully into different players.
3/1/2017 8:57 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 3/1/2017 7:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by stewdog on 3/1/2017 7:41:00 PM (view original):
With four teams being considered, the best chance you have is around 1/3.
Its a crapshoot. It just is,
id take part in a chea crapshoot, but I would not spend tons to get in a four way fight. The odds are not in your favor.
You don't see many real good coaches being the third coach in.
Strategy.

Who sets the price? That's the question. Whoever values the guy the most sets the price. Then it's up to others to decide if they will match or beat it. If a D+ team goes all in early, it has set the price. An A team can knock it out of signing range, but it will have to match the "bid" to do it. A B team can give themselves a good shot, but again, they'll need to match the price, and live with the chance of being upset, because unless they have a much better preference match, they likely can't knock D+ off.
3/1/2017 9:14 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 7:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jt2xTTU on 3/1/2017 6:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 6:41:00 PM (view original):
What's your strat Spud? Tell me.
Don't know about Spud, but pkoop and skindogg have been dishing out strat
I got em. I could throw some too, but what do you do when you lose the roll, what's spud strat to avoid it, win without contest or recuperate from the loss. He has yet to tell me.
HD is a voyage of self discovery, negotiated most successfully by those who think for themselves.
3/1/2017 10:24 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/1/2017 10:24:00 PM (view original):
I got em. I could throw some too, but what do you do when you lose the roll, what's spud strat to avoid it, win without contest or recuperate from the loss. He has yet to tell me.
HD is a voyage of self discovery, negotiated most successfully by those who think for themselves.
It's always the same, you preach but you have no answers nor stratégies. I have been doing it, I know what I am talking about...
3/1/2017 10:39 PM
Then go out and succeed.
3/1/2017 10:49 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 10:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/1/2017 10:24:00 PM (view original):
It's always the same, you preach but you have no answers nor stratégies. I have been doing it, I know what I am talking about...
It seems like you're insisting that the game should bend around the way you want to do things. The game has evolved. Adapt, or fail. That's how life works.
3/2/2017 5:44 AM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 3/1/2017 8:57:00 PM (view original):
APs should be capped (as in the total amount you can give), have less value, or have diminishing returns, because the reason why you can't develop backup options in a battle is because if you drop the AP ball for 2 cycles to unlock another recruit, your now down a considerable amount in the battle and there is no way to make it up because most likely the other team won't drop the AP ball and you can't catch back up.

I hate the "quit if you don't like it" because the whole reason the whole system is screwed is because a small amount of people whined enough to get the admin to change it, and now that they got their change they are saying to everyone else stfu.

You cant honestly tell me that this recruiting system is perfect, there are changes to be made. We have to discuss issues in order to find the best solution.

Mike, your such an annoying person, I blocked you, and now all I see when I scroll down posts is 20 billion banners, and a bunch of retarded off topic arguments directed at you. You are a poison to this forum, you don't contribute anything helpful it's all "stop whining" "I play HBD" "quit if you don't like it" " you lost get over it". Your arguments are so dumb it's ridiculous.

If you remove the caps on HVs and CVs it won't be the same as the old system because there will still be dice rolls, but it will allow people to actually put a priority on players and put more money into players that are important to them. It would allow smaller prestige schools to fight for players with the big guys because they can put a high priority on a player and knock off the big guys that don't care that much about that particular player. 20 HVs is not enough of a spread, it should at least be like a 30 cap or 40, so teams will have to chose between investing fully into different players.
I'm almost positive you're mentally challenged.

HV/CV are capped so users with massive resources just can't spend their way to the best players. It's an intentional change. It encourages competition for the top players. The sooner you understand this, the happier you'll be. But, since I think you're likely mentally challenged, it may take awhile.
3/2/2017 6:42 AM
zorzi, I assume you keep asking "What's the strat?" repeatedly because you don't like the answers you've been given by experienced, successful owners. My guess is they're only going to answer so many times before calling it a day. Will you declare victory at that point?
3/2/2017 6:45 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/2/2017 6:45:00 AM (view original):
zorzi, I assume you keep asking "What's the strat?" repeatedly because you don't like the answers you've been given by experienced, successful owners. My guess is they're only going to answer so many times before calling it a day. Will you declare victory at that point?
Experienced owners have come to the same conclusions :change some stuff to improve the game. Give more strategic control to the coach. How it's done do not matter.
3/2/2017 6:49 AM
Sigh. Go back, read the thread again. Bludgeoning the opposition with additional HV/CV is not strategy. "Low risk" recruiting is not strategy. "Money back guarantee" is not strategy.

If you want the best players, you have to take risks. No risk, no reward. And no money back.
3/2/2017 6:57 AM
Posted by zorzii on 3/2/2017 6:49:00 AM (view original):
Experienced owners have come to the same conclusions :change some stuff to improve the game. Give more strategic control to the coach. How it's done do not matter.
Are you intentionally obtuse?
3/2/2017 7:01 AM
I will just say as a D2 coach 'I love the system because I'm getting players that have no business being in D@. Everyone is going for the top players and letting a lot of talent slide through the cracks.
3/2/2017 7:44 AM
Posted by jt2xTTU on 3/2/2017 7:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 3/2/2017 6:49:00 AM (view original):
Are you intentionally obtuse?
No. Don't worry. I am just pointing out the games flaws. But everyone saying 3.0 needs improvements or 3.0 is not where it needs to be gets trolled. If you play D1, you will see what I mean.
3/2/2017 7:51 AM
No. Really most of the complaining is coming from folks who want to roll back the clock. Where Duke stakes a claim and everyone else is forced to run away. Where the same 10-12 teams cherrypick their recruits and fight each other for the NT season after season. Where anything less than 30-2 is consider a "poor" season. Where you can claim you "earned" the advantages that keep you at the top of the mountain. And many of the users who played that game are just fine with the updates and have adapted.

You pretend as if anyone not playing D1 simply cannot understand the concept of losing battles and having no way to land another top recruit. That's just a false pretense. HD is not some unique universe where you put a lot into something, get nothing back and have no other resources to gamble big again. That is a life concept. So, please, I beg of you, stop saying "If you play D1, you will see what I mean" because it's just nonsense.
3/2/2017 9:09 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/2/2017 6:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 3/1/2017 8:57:00 PM (view original):

I'm almost positive you're mentally challenged.

HV/CV are capped so users with massive resources just can't spend their way to the best players. It's an intentional change. It encourages competition for the top players. The sooner you understand this, the happier you'll be. But, since I think you're likely mentally challenged, it may take awhile.
First off this response proves my point that you are a poison to the forums because your just trying to troll me by calling me retarded.

I know what the purpose of the caps are, I am saying that it is wrong, because you can't set yourself apart from anyone else at all unless you dump all of your APs into a player and can't develop backup options because of that. You should be able to set yourself apart from other people, 20 simply isn't high enough, I can have a local guy and spend like 4,500$ on my top target, that's way to easy to go all in on a recruit, there should be some sacrifice for going all in, you shouldn't be able to go all in on all of your targets. The cap needs to be higher.
3/2/2017 9:14 AM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...21 Next ▸
Four Way Battle Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.