Four Way Battle Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 2/28/2017 4:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all2matt on 2/28/2017 4:09:00 PM (view original):
I think the more important question is: if I would like to be able to get to the skill level of being able to go 10-10 in DIII what would I have to do? Is their anyone in this thread that has achieved the great accomplishment that can give me some guidance?
I'd respond to your nonsense, in kind, but you'd report me like the crybaby you are.

I've not told anyone how to play. Or how to win. But a lot of you guys have problems with math and probabilities. And risk aversion. In fact, I'm not 100% certain many of you understand the meaning of risk/reward or how when you lose, you don't get compensated. Or that you're not the only person playing the game.

Now run along, whineboy.
Furthermore, weren't you prancing around and stating how great your life was after blocking me then still reporting me? You can't see my posts or check my record when I'm on block. So do you cry then lie or lie then cry? What's the order?
2/28/2017 4:37 PM
"I've not told anyone how to play or how to win"

I've just tell them what they are doing is wrong without providing help or any knowledge of that level of the game.
2/28/2017 4:40 PM
I unblocked u last week to see what all the nonsense was about. And it wasn't me that reported you for whatever you are saying I did. I wouldn't do that I much prefer you saying dumb things. Your kinda like trump the more you say the better the entertainment. I'd be the last one jump out and be the PC police, that in my opinion is pretty stupid, let people say all the dumb things they want, it gives us a better picture of who they are instead of some crappy sensorship.
2/28/2017 4:44 PM
Were you sitting here hitting "refresh" awaiting my return? How cute.

But you're wrong again, Mr.noteams. I haven't told anyone they're recruiting wrong. I have told them they can't lose on their 1st option and expect 2-10 to still be waiting for them. This isn't you playing Madden by yourself in mom's basement. Others value your 2nd-10th options and are actively recruiting them. Simple risk/reward.
2/28/2017 4:44 PM
Posted by all2matt on 2/28/2017 4:44:00 PM (view original):
I unblocked u last week to see what all the nonsense was about. And it wasn't me that reported you for whatever you are saying I did. I wouldn't do that I much prefer you saying dumb things. Your kinda like trump the more you say the better the entertainment. I'd be the last one jump out and be the PC police, that in my opinion is pretty stupid, let people say all the dumb things they want, it gives us a better picture of who they are instead of some crappy sensorship.
Block me again. I'm sure it was you who cried to ADMIN. But don't worry if I'm saying something about you behind that block. I'm not.
2/28/2017 4:46 PM
If someone posts a battle they lose and you go,

you can't lose on your 1st option and expect 2-10 to still be waiting for them. This isn't you playing Madden by yourself in mom's basement. Others value your 2nd-10th options and are actively recruiting them. Simple risk/reward.

thats you telling them they are recruiting wrong or at the minimum telling them their thought process on recruiting is wrong

2/28/2017 4:53 PM (edited)
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/28/2017 4:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all2matt on 2/28/2017 4:44:00 PM (view original):
Block me again. I'm sure it was you who cried to ADMIN. But don't worry if I'm saying something about you behind that block. I'm not.
Paranoia seems to be getting the best of you, I hope it's not affecting your coaching ability?

now again back to my question: can you teach me how to be great at HD, I'm starting up another team that's full of walkon sim recruits thats only won 6 games the previous 2 seasons (CAL pac10 wooden). I just want to make sure I don't screw things up. What's your strategy for getting top notch talent so quickly?
2/28/2017 4:57 PM
Posted by 0nly on 2/28/2017 4:53:00 PM (view original):

you can't lose on your 1st option and expect 2-10 to still be waiting for them. This isn't you playing Madden by yourself in mom's basement. Others value your 2nd-10th options and are actively recruiting them. Simple risk/reward.

thats you telling them they are recruiting wrong or at the minimum telling them their thought process on recruiting is wrong

It's a valid statement. I may be new to HD, but the concept is the same as battling for free agents in HBD. You can try to go "all in" on the best guy on the market, but when you keep getting outbid, you have to determine when to withdraw from the battle before your next best options are gone.

The only difference between HD and HBD is that when you withdraw from a battle in HBD, you haven't lost anything in terms of money. Where withdrawing (or losing) a battle in HD, you have lost all the money you put into a battle. So it may make even more sense to withdraw from recruiting battles earlier in HD before your options AND your resources (money) are all gone.
2/28/2017 5:24 PM
Well good job TJ, look what you started.
2/28/2017 5:50 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 2/28/2017 5:24:00 PM (view original):

It's a valid statement. I may be new to HD, but the concept is the same as battling for free agents in HBD. You can try to go "all in" on the best guy on the market, but when you keep getting outbid, you have to determine when to withdraw from the battle before your next best options are gone.

The only difference between HD and HBD is that when you withdraw from a battle in HBD, you haven't lost anything in terms of money. Where withdrawing (or losing) a battle in HD, you have lost all the money you put into a battle. So it may make even more sense to withdraw from recruiting battles earlier in HD before your options AND your resources (money) are all gone.
That's why prioritization is key. I'm fine with losing battles, but I don't want to sink resources into battles I could not have won. The range of battles that you can win now is a lot wider, though. The worst thing you can do in HD is bail on a battle after you've already sunk significant costs.
2/28/2017 6:17 PM
Posted by Benis on 2/28/2017 5:50:00 PM (view original):
Well good job TJ, look what you started.
This is why we cant have anything nice
2/28/2017 7:32 PM
Law of unintended consequences.... I was hoping to talk about the merits and dangers of being the third team in and it devolved into miketalk.
2/28/2017 8:09 PM
Are we going to celebrate when he hits 50,000 posts in a few days?
2/28/2017 8:29 PM
Posted by beachhouse on 2/28/2017 8:29:00 PM (view original):
Are we going to celebrate when he hits 50,000 posts in a few days?
He has 200+ more to go?
2/28/2017 8:33 PM

No, that's me telling you that you can't lose your first option and wonder why your next 9 are no longer options. For some reason, several of you just don't understand why you can't cherrypick your players then let others have the leftovers.

Reading comprehension, bro.
2/28/2017 9:10 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...21 Next ▸
Four Way Battle Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.