Four Way Battle Topic

its okay zorzii Mike is speaking from his plethora of D1 experience so he totally know how things work.

You obviously didn't allocate your resources right and you clearly missed on the fifteen unrecruited elite players. Or you clearly didn't lower your recrutiing standards enough and pick up those easy to grab 30 ath generated D1 recruits!!

It's actually quite simple recruiting if you don't attempt to win!!
3/1/2017 8:31 AM
You're not answering the question.

What do YOU think should happen when you lose a battle? Do you think you should be gifted a good 2nd option?
3/1/2017 8:31 AM
I'm not asking to be a dick(well, not entirely). But if you have a "solution", I'd like to know what it is.
3/1/2017 8:33 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/1/2017 8:31:00 AM (view original):

What do YOU think should happen when you lose a battle? Do you think you should be gifted a good 2nd option?
I already have two other options lined up. One will result in a roll. The other one, not sure, it willbe tough. I also am taking a fill-in player, he very well may be my only signing... since I could lose the two other guards I am on. Note : when I chose the guard to pursue, I really was careful and went for the one I thought would be less contested. It went Vh-vh-vh. I also tried to drop the other two teams to moderate... and I chose a guard that gave me amazing preferences. Then what? What's the strat? To me it's a dead-end.
3/1/2017 8:36 AM
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 8:19:00 AM (view original):
Yeah. I understand but once you are in it, it comes down to luck. And the two teams that lost are left without the resources and more than anything the ap efforts from all the previous cycle. The outcome is not strategy. Both teams won't be able to fill schollies with D1 worthy player . So what's the strat?
The strategy sets the percentages (39% versus 35% versus 26%). It may be "luck" that determines the winner, but it's disingenuous to argue that strategy plays no part.
3/1/2017 8:37 AM
only, I'll save you some time. I blocked you last night. You did a fine job of trolling. You sucked me in. You'd probably do it today. I don't have time for it. You're not interested in discussion. You're just trolling. And, unlike good ol' Matt, I don't bother to read those I block. That's why they're blocked. Your attention whoring will go unnoticed. Have a wonderful day.
3/1/2017 8:38 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 3/1/2017 8:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 8:19:00 AM (view original):
Yeah. I understand but once you are in it, it comes down to luck. And the two teams that lost are left without the resources and more than anything the ap efforts from all the previous cycle. The outcome is not strategy. Both teams won't be able to fill schollies with D1 worthy player . So what's the strat?
The strategy sets the percentages (39% versus 35% versus 26%). It may be "luck" that determines the winner, but it's disingenuous to argue that strategy plays no part.
If you read what I wrote, I used everything strategically I thought of. Still resulted in that outcome. The only way is to not battle and recruit players that won't make me win like the guards I have on my team now... Once you did your max, like I did, with five schollies., you basically are left with a screwed recruiting session. By the way, I signed nobody last season cause I lost all rolls too. I dont mind, best strat now is to leave the team. I will do. But it's not working.
3/1/2017 8:42 AM
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 8:36:00 AM (view original):

I already have two other options lined up. One will result in a roll. The other one, not sure, it willbe tough. I also am taking a fill-in player, he very well may be my only signing... since I could lose the two other guards I am on. Note : when I chose the guard to pursue, I really was careful and went for the one I thought would be less contested. It went Vh-vh-vh. I also tried to drop the other two teams to moderate... and I chose a guard that gave me amazing preferences. Then what? What's the strat? To me it's a dead-end.
The strategy is pretty simple. You put yourself in the best position you can to fill the needs of your team. As I said, it's like poker. You're holding two kings and looking at 3 sixes on the table. You're feeling good. As is the the guy holding two queens. Then the 3rd guy drops a 4th six on you. You don't get your money back. You simply lost. If you're out of money, you go home. If you've got some left, you play another hand.

Is poker luck? Could you consistently beat the guys sitting at the WSOP tables?
3/1/2017 8:43 AM
If you feel the game is just luck, why bother playing? I know, if I felt that way, I'd quit.

It's like the game itself. You put together the best team you can. You gameplan. You're the better team. And you lose. It happens in games of probabilities.
3/1/2017 8:45 AM
Mike : but once you strike out, you are done. It needs to be more strategic or you need ways to recuperate. Now, once you lost, you are done.. and it's not positive. Imagine D1 teams in tark are near 150... like it was. It will make many quit because they can't control their destiny.
3/1/2017 8:47 AM
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 8:47:00 AM (view original):
Mike : but once you strike out, you are done. It needs to be more strategic or you need ways to recuperate. Now, once you lost, you are done.. and it's not positive. Imagine D1 teams in tark are near 150... like it was. It will make many quit because they can't control their destiny.
When you're competing for players with those 150(or 57 if that's the new number), you are not going to win every one. And, I guess I'll keep repeating it, other users are going after your other options while you're fighting for #1. They're trying to win too.

I guess the best way to put it is some of the users accustomed to going 30-3 or 28-4 season after season are going to have to accept a miserable 21-9 when they miss all their targets. Class distribution has probably taken on more importance. Teams that require 11-12 players to run their O/D probably have to adjust when they lose battles. The game has changed.
3/1/2017 9:11 AM
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 8:36:00 AM (view original):

"it went Vh-Vh-Vh"

Like MikeT, I really am trying to understand the complaint. There are 3 teams in the battle. 2 of the 3 have to/will lose. Every team did what they could/had to do give them an opportunity to win the recruit. In every competition, someone will lose (unless it is a participation trophy league).

Is it as simple, there are those that want GUARANTEED wins/rewards?
3/1/2017 9:19 AM
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 8:27:00 AM (view original):
I know how it works. I do it in Clemson too. There is no strat. It's luck or faith.
You've been on this for months, and you've been told dozens of times. Strategy means a plan of action to achieve an overall goal. Lets assume your goal is to build a team that can compete for championships. Most everyone has that same goal. The scouting and recruiting choices you make comprise your strategy. If what you are doing feels like "luck" to you, it's because of the choices you've made, not because of the game.

It's not a bad strategy to use your resources to battle hard for as many worthy players as your resources will allow. But no one is forcing you to neglect to use your attention points to seek backup options. Lots of us do that, and we're not in here complaining about getting shut out all the time. If you choose to limit your attention to the three players you are going to fight for, if you lose them all, you're going to be shut out. It's not a design flaw, and it's not luck. It's that your strategy was to gamble big, and you lost. Don't blame the game for the strategy you chose.
3/1/2017 9:22 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/1/2017 9:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 8:47:00 AM (view original):
When you're competing for players with those 150(or 57 if that's the new number), you are not going to win every one. And, I guess I'll keep repeating it, other users are going after your other options while you're fighting for #1. They're trying to win too.

I guess the best way to put it is some of the users accustomed to going 30-3 or 28-4 season after season are going to have to accept a miserable 21-9 when they miss all their targets. Class distribution has probably taken on more importance. Teams that require 11-12 players to run their O/D probably have to adjust when they lose battles. The game has changed.
We need options when we lose, that's what I
am saying. Losing is part of the game, I accept it.
3/1/2017 9:23 AM
Posted by pkoopman on 3/1/2017 9:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 8:27:00 AM (view original):
I know how it works. I do it in Clemson too. There is no strat. It's luck or faith.
You've been on this for months, and you've been told dozens of times. Strategy means a plan of action to achieve an overall goal. Lets assume your goal is to build a team that can compete for championships. Most everyone has that same goal. The scouting and recruiting choices you make comprise your strategy. If what you are doing feels like "luck" to you, it's because of the choices you've made, not because of the game.

It's not a bad strategy to use your resources to battle hard for as many worthy players as your resources will allow. But no one is forcing you to neglect to use your attention points to seek backup options. Lots of us do that, and we're not in here complaining about getting shut out all the time. If you choose to limit your attention to the three players you are going to fight for, if you lose them all, you're going to be shut out. It's not a design flaw, and it's not luck. It's that your strategy was to gamble big, and you lost. Don't blame the game for the strategy you chose.
^^^^ This!!!!!!!!!!
3/1/2017 9:25 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...21 Next ▸
Four Way Battle Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.