Four Way Battle Topic

Yeah Mike, just get in arguments with coaches who have won 80 million more games than you. You literally think anyone cares in real life about what happens in HD? No people don't. But it matters when people like you argue with great coaches about their teams and how the game works. They know better than you.
3/1/2017 11:26 AM
You know what, I got a bachelor party next weekend in NYC. I'm going to try to pick up a chick using HD as a pickup line. I've definitely used worse lines so I'm hopeful. I'll report back in about 2 weeks.

Edit - she won't be a stripper or 'working girl'. That would be cheating.
3/1/2017 11:41 AM
We need options when we lose, that's what I
am saying. Losing is part of the game, I accept it.
"You need options BEFORE you lose.
But, barring that, there are options AFTER you lose. But they're not as good as your first choice. Nor should they be."

zorzii, it would help everybody help you if you could tell us honestly:
A. Do you want to be rewarded with a win and at least semi-rewarded even when you lose?
B. Are you fully aware that options BEFORE the decision are key, but just continue to argue anyway?
Thanks. This could save everybody some time.
3/1/2017 11:52 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/1/2017 11:52:00 AM (view original):
But, barring that, there are options AFTER you lose. But they're not as good as your first choice. Nor should they be."

A. Do you want to be rewarded with a win and at least semi-rewarded even when you lose?
B. Are you fully aware that options BEFORE the decision are key, but just continue to argue anyway?
A. I want some resources back when I lose a vh-h or a vh-vh... If I am moderate, I screwed up I understand not getting anything. I truly understand that ap used every cycle is gone.
B. Spud : I am playing D1, Clemson's strategy has worked but I suffered two lost recruiting session. So yeah, I always have options. PSU has been on the unlucky side. Now, I could explain why it's that way but we all know what happened. Say my two other options don't work out, then what?
3/1/2017 12:18 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 3/1/2017 11:26:00 AM (view original):
Yeah Mike, just get in arguments with coaches who have won 80 million more games than you. You literally think anyone cares in real life about what happens in HD? No people don't. But it matters when people like you argue with great coaches about their teams and how the game works. They know better than you.
No, I only bring it up when it becomes a HD success dick-measuring contest. I'm in my 3rd season since 2006. I would hope that the guy with 6 teams and 150 seasons IS better than me. If not, they're likely retarded and, in that case, I'll feel bad for arguing with them.

I haven't told anyone how to play, win or recruit. But when they whine and cry that they lost a recruit battle and can't recover, it's obvious they're missing something.

So, unless you have something of value to add, try to STFU. Thanks in advance.
3/1/2017 12:19 PM
Posted by Benis on 3/1/2017 11:42:00 AM (view original):
You know what, I got a bachelor party next weekend in NYC. I'm going to try to pick up a chick using HD as a pickup line. I've definitely used worse lines so I'm hopeful. I'll report back in about 2 weeks.

If that doesn't work, tell them how you're a Level 3 wizard in Dungeons and Dragons role play group. They'll give it up right then I bet.
3/1/2017 12:21 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 12:18:00 PM (view original):

A. I want some resources back when I lose a vh-h or a vh-vh... If I am moderate, I screwed up I understand not getting anything. I truly understand that ap used every cycle is gone.
B. Spud : I am playing D1, Clemson's strategy has worked but I suffered two lost recruiting session. So yeah, I always have options. PSU has been on the unlucky side. Now, I could explain why it's that way but we all know what happened. Say my two other options don't work out, then what?
So you want "no risk" recruiting? Yeah, I want "no risk" gambling. Hope we both get our wish.
3/1/2017 12:22 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/1/2017 12:22:00 PM (view original):

So you want "no risk" recruiting? Yeah, I want "no risk" gambling. Hope we both get our wish.
It's not what I am saying, please read again... I could explain to you why I think that way... by comparing 2.0 to 3.0. The system can be more elaborate.
3/1/2017 12:30 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 12:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/1/2017 12:22:00 PM (view original):

It's not what I am saying, please read again... I could explain to you why I think that way... by comparing 2.0 to 3.0. The system can be more elaborate.
I know exactly what you're saying. It doesn't comply with the "realism" screams.

You have a budget. You spent some it on HV and CV. Those are "real" dollars. You get your AP back, you get your promised minutes, start and scholarship offer back as they are not "real" dollars. So, really, you are getting some resources back. But you want more. Because you gambled and lost.

Do you understand what I'm saying?
3/1/2017 12:34 PM
Try it this way.

I want a SG. I scout NY. I see all 5 positions. I didn't go scouting for a PF. I want my money back. No way in hell would I send a scout to NY to scout for SG then read a report with 27 PF on it.

Would that work?
3/1/2017 12:36 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/1/2017 12:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 3/1/2017 11:42:00 AM (view original):

If that doesn't work, tell them how you're a Level 3 wizard in Dungeons and Dragons role play group. They'll give it up right then I bet.
Level 3? PSSHH. That's not gonna get too many panties wet you noob.
3/1/2017 12:56 PM
It's a game. I say give 50 % money back to vh team losing and 33% to h losing. They did all the right thing but since everything is capped, they could not control the outcome. They put themselves in a position to
get the recruit and where considered heavily. Don't forget they lost all ap put in and they won't get back the cycles. Say Calipari misses on a recruit he put in a lot of effort to land, his AD won't tell him, get a bench warmer, we are out of resources.
3/1/2017 12:58 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 12:58:00 PM (view original):
It's a game. I say give 50 % money back to vh team losing and 33% to h losing. They did all the right thing but since everything is capped, they could not control the outcome. They put themselves in a position to
get the recruit and where considered heavily. Don't forget they lost all ap put in and they won't get back the cycles. Say Calipari misses on a recruit he put in a lot of effort to land, his AD won't tell him, get a bench warmer, we are out of resources.
It IS a game. And "we" scream "THAT'S NOT REALISTIC!!!!!" when it suits us. And, when it doesn't, we revert to "It's a game".

You're suggesting pseudo-caps on resources. Basically, spend all you can on one guy and, if you lose, you get some of your capped resources back. That's wrong on so many levels.
3/1/2017 1:02 PM

This is literally nonsense. That game would be terrible. Imagine Pitino going to the AD and saying "well, the kid didn't sign with us, but he *might have*, so I'm going to need to use those extra-special regenerating scholarship resources again".

Come on.

Recruiting is effort and resource based, for better or worse. As long as it's effort and resource based, there have to be consequences to how you use resources.
3/1/2017 1:06 PM
Zorzii, I could see giving half of the cash resources back in the event of a lost battle. However, I'm not sure how much good it'll ultimately do. Presumably by the time this battle has been decided, the backup recruits will be heavily recruited as well. Now, I guess if it's an early battle, and backup recruits are late designated, you'll have time to toss your hat back into the ring.

The frustration is real, and understandable. Under the old system, it seems to me that battles were rare because it was simply a matter of the big dogs in D1 controlling almost all of the top talent, with the rest being divied up as it went down the line. As always, there were exceptions to these rules. The new system, it appears, was designed to allow more teams to compete for the best talent. More battles were inevitable, as teams felt they had a realistic shot at better talent than they had access to before. There would have been many more battles in 2.0 had teams thought they had a chance to compete for them.

Ultimately I don't see a way to have more battles yet achieve the desired result you have in mind, zorzii. What I feel that yourself and perhaps others want, is for there to be more battles, but for your teams to still come out on top a majority of the time. I gather that when people start throwing the real life comparisons out there, saying why would you go to Fordham when Duke is knocking at your door. Not being specific, just throwing two teams at opposite ends of the spectrum out there. Also, it's been a hotly contested topic about whether or not a D3 should be able to recruit D1. I can understand the frustration, however I have contended this game is not, nor should ever be, modeled after real life at every turn. Speaking as a D3, I pay the same amount per season as you do. Why should my options be limited when the recruits that are typically signed by D3 would not be a starter at the D1 level? These were the same type of recruits under the 2.0 version that would have either gone JUCO route or simply were signed by D1 sims to fill rosters. As for it not being fair for newbs to D3 to compete with guys who have been around longer and know the system, I say that's a little bogus. I believe this is the 4th recruiting class in Iba, which I thought was one of the first worlds to cross over. I don't see how anyone could have that big of a leg up on knowledge of the system since admittedly most here, if not all, don't know enough about the tricks of the new recruiting to have an unfair advantage over newcomers. Besides, all a newb has to do is reach out to a mentor and they will be shown the ropes in relatively short order. Since recruiting takes place over a longer period, it actually lessens the advantage over newer players as they have ample time to be filled in before signings even start. While I think the new recruiting is more advanced than it's predecessor, I don't think it's rocket science and that new players couldn't pick it up relatively quick.

Until they can program human emotions in this game, I don't think you're going to like how recruits make their decisions. It's binary, and I fail to see how it will ever be anything like real life... Just my two cents...
3/1/2017 1:28 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...21 Next ▸
Four Way Battle Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.