Four Way Battle Topic

Posted by pkoopman on 3/1/2017 1:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 12:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/1/2017 11:52:00 AM (view original):
We need options when we lose, that's what I
am saying. Losing is part of the game, I accept it.
"You need options BEFORE you lose.
But, barring that, there are options AFTER you lose. But they're not as good as your first choice. Nor should they be."

zorzii, it would help everybody help you if you could tell us honestly:
A. Do you want to be rewarded with a win and at least semi-rewarded even when you lose?
B. Are you fully aware that options BEFORE the decision are key, but just continue to argue anyway?
Thanks. This could save everybody some time.
A. I want some resources back when I lose a vh-h or a vh-vh... If I am moderate, I screwed up I understand not getting anything. I truly understand that ap used every cycle is gone.
B. Spud : I am playing D1, Clemson's strategy has worked but I suffered two lost recruiting session. So yeah, I always have options. PSU has been on the unlucky side. Now, I could explain why it's that way but we all know what happened. Say my two other options don't work out, then what?
This is literally nonsense. That game would be terrible. Imagine Pitino going to the AD and saying "well, the kid didn't sign with us, but he *might have*, so I'm going to need to use those extra-special regenerating scholarship resources again".

Come on.

Recruiting is effort and resource based, for better or worse. As long as it's effort and resource based, there have to be consequences to how you use resources.
Then uncap the thing.
3/1/2017 1:32 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/1/2017 1:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 12:58:00 PM (view original):
It's a game. I say give 50 % money back to vh team losing and 33% to h losing. They did all the right thing but since everything is capped, they could not control the outcome. They put themselves in a position to
get the recruit and where considered heavily. Don't forget they lost all ap put in and they won't get back the cycles. Say Calipari misses on a recruit he put in a lot of effort to land, his AD won't tell him, get a bench warmer, we are out of resources.
It IS a game. And "we" scream "THAT'S NOT REALISTIC!!!!!" when it suits us. And, when it doesn't, we revert to "It's a game".

You're suggesting pseudo-caps on resources. Basically, spend all you can on one guy and, if you lose, you get some of your capped resources back. That's wrong on so many levels.
3/1/2017 1:34 PM
Nope. Then it's back to "I have the most resources, I win the recruit" that WifS INTENTIONALLY got away from. Try again.
3/1/2017 1:34 PM
Posted by thewizard17 on 3/1/2017 1:34:00 PM (view original):
It's a game. I say give 50 % money back to vh team losing and 33% to h losing. They did all the right thing but since everything is capped, they could not control the outcome. They put themselves in a position to
get the recruit and where considered heavily. Don't forget they lost all ap put in and they won't get back the cycles. Say Calipari misses on a recruit he put in a lot of effort to land, his AD won't tell him, get a bench warmer, we are out of resources.
It IS a game. And "we" scream "THAT'S NOT REALISTIC!!!!!" when it suits us. And, when it doesn't, we revert to "It's a game".

You're suggesting pseudo-caps on resources. Basically, spend all you can on one guy and, if you lose, you get some of your capped resources back. That's wrong on so many levels.
Want me to explain how the 2-3 zone works, genius?
3/1/2017 1:35 PM
It's not. We do not have the same money and it's graded.
3/1/2017 1:36 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/1/2017 1:35:00 PM (view original):

No, we just want you to go away. You're annoying.
3/1/2017 1:36 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 1:36:00 PM (view original):
It's not. We do not have the same money and it's graded.
We don't. But the guy with 3 openings will suddenly have a marked advantage over the guy with 1 opening in addition to the 40/80 AP gap.

New strategy: 40 AP on top choice, bombard with HV with additional cash. Spread other 40 AP out over other recruits unless/until your competitors are hanging with you despite your 67 HV. That didn't take long to think of the cookie cutter strategy for bludgeoning your opponents into submission in recruiting.
3/1/2017 1:39 PM
Posted by thewizard17 on 3/1/2017 1:36:00 PM (view original):

Cry me a river. Or just silently weep to yourself. Doesn't matter to me.
3/1/2017 1:40 PM
It sounds like zorzii wants a money back guarantee if he doesn't sign the recruit he spent money on while scouting.

Is the Des Moines Quality Inn going to give you a partial refund on your hotel stay because you ended up not landing the recruit you made a home visit to?

Is American Airlines going to give you a partial refund on the plane ticket used to bring the recruit in for a campus visit after he doesn't sign?

This is ridiculous on so many levels.
3/1/2017 1:45 PM
If I have five to fill versus one, I won't have that big of an advantage unless I am only signing one... and it's a bad decision. Otherwise, I need to spread my resources.
3/1/2017 1:46 PM
Posted by thewizard17 on 3/1/2017 1:36:00 PM (view original):

Mike has said a lot of substantive things in this thread. The same is not true for everyone.
3/1/2017 1:47 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 1:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pkoopman on 3/1/2017 1:06:00 PM (view original):
But, barring that, there are options AFTER you lose. But they're not as good as your first choice. Nor should they be."

A. Do you want to be rewarded with a win and at least semi-rewarded even when you lose?
B. Are you fully aware that options BEFORE the decision are key, but just continue to argue anyway?
A. I want some resources back when I lose a vh-h or a vh-vh... If I am moderate, I screwed up I understand not getting anything. I truly understand that ap used every cycle is gone.
B. Spud : I am playing D1, Clemson's strategy has worked but I suffered two lost recruiting session. So yeah, I always have options. PSU has been on the unlucky side. Now, I could explain why it's that way but we all know what happened. Say my two other options don't work out, then what?
This is literally nonsense. That game would be terrible. Imagine Pitino going to the AD and saying "well, the kid didn't sign with us, but he *might have*, so I'm going to need to use those extra-special regenerating scholarship resources again".

Come on.

Recruiting is effort and resource based, for better or worse. As long as it's effort and resource based, there have to be consequences to how you use resources.
Then uncap the thing.
That would be a worse game with less strategy, and you'd be no better off. You'll just be blowing an even bigger percentage of your resources on guys that others will still beat you for at roughly the same rate.
3/1/2017 1:50 PM

"I want some resources back when I lose..."

WOW ... this pretty much ends the need for further conversation
3/1/2017 3:21 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/1/2017 12:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 3/1/2017 11:26:00 AM (view original):
Yeah Mike, just get in arguments with coaches who have won 80 million more games than you. You literally think anyone cares in real life about what happens in HD? No people don't. But it matters when people like you argue with great coaches about their teams and how the game works. They know better than you.
No, I only bring it up when it becomes a HD success dick-measuring contest. I'm in my 3rd season since 2006. I would hope that the guy with 6 teams and 150 seasons IS better than me. If not, they're likely retarded and, in that case, I'll feel bad for arguing with them.

I haven't told anyone how to play, win or recruit. But when they whine and cry that they lost a recruit battle and can't recover, it's obvious they're missing something.

So, unless you have something of value to add, try to STFU. Thanks in advance.
Wow that last sentence is something you should really try out.
3/1/2017 3:29 PM
3/1/2017 3:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...21 Next ▸
Four Way Battle Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.