What is the reasoning... Topic

Posted by jt2xTTU on 2/17/2017 8:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/17/2017 8:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jt2xTTU on 2/17/2017 8:05:00 AM (view original):
This is a newbie, maybe contrarian, view ... are D1 coaches recruiting greedily? Are you trying to get a full roster of All-Americans? Are you trying to be Kentucky and trying for 5 diaper dandies every recruiting season?
The game was set up differently in the past. If a Duke, Kentucky, UNC, etc wanted a recruit, they staked claim and got him. There was no contested battles(unless Duke, UNC, Kentucky, etc all wanted the same guy).

Some users want that game back.
So playing a new game with old strategies and techniques
It still happens in 3.0 I run off if a A+ prestige team comes knocking on my door.
2/17/2017 11:56 AM
Advises others to "ignore all negativity" then calls someone stupid 1 post later...
2/17/2017 12:23 PM
Posted by mdodge13 on 2/17/2017 10:59:00 AM (view original):
I haven't come back to HD since the update and have never played it but Im reserving a team and reading up on 3.0. Isn't it fair to say that real world recruiting is a "dice roll" at some point? Not trying to play devil's advocate here but just saying that I've seen posts before where people have complained about how realistic these games are (or aren't). I guess I'll find out for myself when I come back. I really enjoyed HD but was never any good. Also not to piggyback on this post (A site mail would be cool) Would someone mind letting me know the GOOD changes that have been made? All I've sen are complaints. Cheers.
Welcome to HD mdodge!

This game is actually really awesome. There are many coaches who love the game and are pretty passionate about it. The negative posts are from frustration that the recruiting portion of the game has changed significantly and is still being tweaked. But overall, I actually really like it and find it a lot of fun.

Read up on recruiting using the guide pinned at the top and post questions on the board or feel free to sitemail me. Good luck and have fun!
2/17/2017 12:28 PM
MikeT - loser troll with nothing better to do with his life then hang around here day after day after day after day.......

Best example of why WIS should have a daily max post count.
2/17/2017 12:29 PM
Your daily post max should be zero. Is your life as miserable as you are around here?

Did you finally understand my post? How many times did you have to read it?
2/17/2017 12:31 PM
Would it be safe to assume that Mike and mully didn't exchange Valentines on Tuesday?

2/17/2017 12:33 PM
Posted by Benis on 2/17/2017 12:23:00 PM (view original):
Advises others to "ignore all negativity" then calls someone stupid 1 post later...
Yeah, completely uncalled for.

Resident jerk misinterprets my post, jumps down my neck about it and I should have just ignored him instead of trying to get him to learn to read/comprehend before posting his negativity.

Thanks, hypocrite.
2/17/2017 12:34 PM
And miket - who has the comprehension problem? Lets rehash.

Step 1 - user asks about DI recruiting and whether coaches are geedy
Step 2 - MikeT trolls in saying DI users of teams like Duke, Kentucky, UNC wanted the old days where they could stake their claim to top recruits
Step 3 - Mully says ignore the troll since he has no 3.0 experience in DI
Step 4 - MikeTroll tries to claim he made no reference to DI

Well done troll. Another thread in the trash.
2/17/2017 12:34 PM
Posted by mullycj on 2/17/2017 12:34:00 PM (view original):
And miket - who has the comprehension problem? Lets rehash.

Step 1 - user asks about DI recruiting and whether coaches are geedy
Step 2 - MikeT trolls in saying DI users of teams like Duke, Kentucky, UNC wanted the old days where they could stake their claim to top recruits
Step 3 - Mully says ignore the troll since he has no 3.0 experience in DI
Step 4 - MikeTroll tries to claim he made no reference to DI

Well done troll. Another thread in the trash.
Reading comprehension, boy.

I said I made no reference to CURRENT D1 recruiting. All posts are there for all to see. Don't dig the stupid hole any deeper. You're already in over your head.

Now answer the question. Is your life as miserable as you are in these forums?
2/17/2017 12:37 PM
..only when I accidentally unblock one of your 1000 daily posts.

Otherwise I am happy and retired at 50.
2/17/2017 12:47 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/17/2017 12:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 2/17/2017 12:23:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, completely uncalled for.

Resident jerk misinterprets my post, jumps down my neck about it and I should have just ignored him instead of trying to get him to learn to read/comprehend before posting his negativity.

Thanks, hypocrite.
Mkay.
2/17/2017 12:48 PM
Posted by mullycj on 2/17/2017 12:47:00 PM (view original):
..only when I accidentally unblock one of your 1000 daily posts.

Otherwise I am happy and retired at 50.
I'm dying to know how one "accidentally" unblocks a post.

There's a "show" button on the far RHS. You have to click it. It's near NOTHING. Are you having spasms when you "accidentally" unblock my posts?
2/17/2017 12:53 PM
So page 3 is when all threads go into the ditch ..
2/17/2017 1:30 PM
Posted by jt2xTTU on 2/17/2017 1:30:00 PM (view original):
Actually this time it was page 1 when Spud thought it would be a good idea to chime in with a bunch of meaningless comments.
2/17/2017 1:45 PM
Posted by jt2xTTU on 2/17/2017 1:30:00 PM (view original):
Somewhere in that range. They usually make it to page 4 unless mully/snafu jump in. But, for the most part, if you see a 4 page thread, stop at 3.
2/17/2017 1:51 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
What is the reasoning... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.